KH3 Opening Movie Trailer

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Square-Enix released a new trailer this morning giving us our first look at the opening of 'Kingdom Hearts III', as well revealing what the opening song ('Face My Fears') sounds like! Check it out below:

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Meilin Lee, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Arch
      Arch
      So based on that preview, the beginning of the song sounds great. The second half though, not so much. It's not awful but it's definitely not as good as Simple and Clean, Sanctuary, or even Oath.
    2. Krowley
      Krowley
      I kinda hope this isn't the final opening product. While I love the imagery of the chess game, the skrillex edits I'm not so crazy about.
    3. . : tale_wind
      . : tale_wind
      You may notice if you look closely that young Xehanort's eyes are not, in fact, yellow here. This lends credence to the idea that yellow eyes are a sign of corruption by darkness alone rather than the popular interpretation that they're a sign of being 'norted specifically.

Nomura can say whatever he likes in prerelease interviews; now more than ever I don't trust that Aqua's corruption is a takeover by Xehanort.

...Unless, of course, this is just a mistake like Ventus-Vanitas having blue eyes in the initial 2.8 release.
    4. cstar
      cstar
      im actually having no qualms with the song, i mean everyone knows i love skrillex and so the idea of this alone got me excited. the problem im having is the cut of the clips to it, i dont know its just so... movey?
    5. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      I actually don't mind the song. I think my one gripe is that aside from the nice scenes and stuff, it kind of feels like a repeat of KH3D's opening. Also, that purple star that Xehanort sees has gotta mean something important.
    6. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      It still doesn't make sense for Aqua to give into the darkness as that would mean she lost all hope. Considering she knew Sora was coming to save her and stop Xehanort once and for all, why would she give-in to the darkness as if she just gave up on life?
    7. cstar
      cstar
      giving up =/= giving in. she may have been in there so long that she simply became used to the darkness and the struggle to keep herself in control. 0.2 covered this struggle quite a bit and just because we see her reacting to the info about Sora it doesn't mean something big didnt happen. maybe it was a fight against xehanort and she gave in to the darkness in that fight, which surely would mean xehanort wouldnt have to worry about her being a light. doesnt mean shes part of his 13.
    8. Ability King KK
      Ability King KK
      If she gave in, that means she gave up. If she knows Sora is coming, then she wouldn't give up and be consumed by the darkness as her heart would be filled with hope and light. The only plausible explanations for Dark!Aqua is either Xehanort really did possess her or it's a fake Aqua created to mess with Sora.
    9. Iskandar
      Iskandar
      You guys keep forgetting that the reason the organization which Ansem/DiZ had mentioned in Chain of Memories. Aqua didn't have a cloak, so she wasn't protected, meaning all the time in the Realm of Darkness likely just corrupted her.
    10. cstar
      cstar
      Dude would you really hold out hope on someone you met once when he was a kid despite the stories that were told? Ansem never even said the words "Sora is coming to save you" the only discussion they had was how Aqua reminded him of a boy named Sora and he told the tales of all the good he did. Personally even if I knew there was a kid out there with that kind of light don't know if I'd have faith that some 16 year old kid was going to save me, I'd have relief that the worlds aren't falling anymore but that's the extent of it.
    11. ShibuyaGato
      ShibuyaGato
      Knowing that Sora's saving the worlds from darkness does not equal knowing that Sora is going to save her. Ansem never told her anything of the sort, and aside from him and Mickey she's been alone all that time in there. Idk about you, but isolation and darkness do not make for a good combo for fifteen years, and even though Aqua's got a strong will, it can only last for so long (and we clearly saw it breaking down in 0.2).

Anyway, I like the song but the cuts for the trailer were a bit off and I'm excited to get the full thing. WE'RE SO CLOSE I CAN TASTE THE PAIN.
    12. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      It took a few listens to get used to the dub (loved the first half) but I can now say I love all of it. Never thought I'd wanna booty pop to a KH theme this much. I can't wait to hear the full ver. (kinda hoping that there will be a ver. w/o the dub. If there is it'll hands down be my favorite theme.)

As for the video I hope it's edited a little differently for the full opening. (I assume that wasn't the whole intro?) The song and scenes don't exactly match up.

Edit: I'm buggin', I rewatched it and felt the scenes went well enough with the pace of the song. Some tweaking tho still wouldn't hurt.
    13. ShibuyaGato
      ShibuyaGato
      In fairness, the Planit B remix of Simple and Clean was a dance song that had no right to work as well with that intro as it did and we still love that to this day. This one just needs some time to grow on people.

Also if you meant the Japanese version, that is up right now. Just gotta check the JP KH YT page (or just Utada's YT).