Dream Drop Distance KH1 Outfits

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by kairi-aqua-namine, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

I'm getting a bit ticked off that we keep seeing younger Sora pop up everywhere. The KH1 outfit looks horrible, but KH2 transformed Sora from a fashion disaster who somehow looked and sounded like a 10 year old when he was fourteen, into a badass, dressed-to-kill hero. I WANT MORE KH2 Sora! Or even better, a snazzy new outfit thats even cooler! Although I don't mind KH1 Riku's outfit, his later one is still a vast improvement. And to the guy who said KH is not meant to be a serious game, I'd have to disagree. Even in KH1, yes the main character looked and sounded stupid, yes, there were Disney characters and their assorted sillyness everywhere, but despite that the overall storyline was quite dark and moving. So yes, it is a serious game.

*Ahem.*

Despite my rant, if we have a KH1 Sora and Riku it won't make me not buy the game, and I know I'll still love it. And as others have said, the most likely scenario (Although knowing Nomura it'll be something completely messed up- just how we like it) is that the 'Mark of Mastery' from Yen Sid involves some Dream World or Virtual Universe which pits them against various trials. Although it seems rather elaborate when all Terra and Aqua had to do was smash a few orbs...

2. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

Um, the KH people are only showing Sora and Riku's KH1 outfits in DDD's 1st trailer. The game director stated that there WILL be new clothes for the two of them and the outfits will be revealed at The Tokyo Game Show 2011.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Yeah, I can't wait to see what the new outfits look like. I thought the ones in KHII were pretty good, I wonder how you top them.

4. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

Well seeing as how they're going to be their younger selves BUT with new clothing... it shouldn't be too bad.

5. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

lol hey it annoyed me a bit too, but hey at least we get a new game. I believe this has a connection to KH, I'm not too sure since, much news hasn't been brought up about it but, they'll give us some new info eventually.

6. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Kingdom Hearts 3D does have a connection to the series and comes after Re:Coded (because I've never played Coded, so I don't know what's up with that) and it will cover the Mark of Mastery exam that Sora and Riku will take.

Although I am hoping for new outfits, it'll just be good to get the game out.

7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

but I wonder, if they were planning on making new outfits, how come they didn't just show them in the trailer? Or is it just because they don't really have it fully finished?

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

At the time of the trailer Nomura was still debating it. We know that about half the game will have KH1 outfits. We still don't know if he made new outfits or not for the other half.

Personally I think that he should save new outfits for KH3 and just give them KH2 outfits for the other half, but I'm not sure if that even works in Nomura's plotline. They'll be starting voice acting soon, so hopefully we will have a more in depth trailer coming up in the not too distant future.

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I would've figured they would start it off in KHII attire and then change the clothes partway through, or just keep the KHII clothes in all. When I heard there were new clothes, they should have just kept KHII then switch. I really don't like the clothes from KH

10. Mixt The dude that does the thing

The KH1 clothes are supposed to have plotline significance (likely the same significance that allows us to return to Traverse Town when it shouldn't exist).
    Obviously they will be in KH2 attire at the very beginning before reverting to KH1 forms, but that is likely only going to be in FMVs.

11. Key master Sora Traverse Town Homebody

In everyone's hearts as the connection....
    well, i think the dream theory could be the most accurate theory i've seen... Why else would they be back in kh 1 clothes and the fact that the game is called "Dream Drop Distance"? Anycase i think they may be adding a few more new worlds... A trailer i just watched showed sora jumping out of the top of the Cathedral in Hunchback of Notre Dame... XD

12. 61 No. B

Neither do I, though it may be possible that theyre just showing the KH clothes as like a default so the new clothes arent revealed till the game itself is played, not the demo.

13. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    I don't care,Its clothes.

Anyways I'm sure people have pointed this out before,but Seeing as Riku and Sora are Having their Mark of Mastery Maybe Yen Sid Is training them in dream,Or that Is part of the exam,But Thats the most accurate theory/Idea to me.

14. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

My bet is that they will start in their KH outfits, for whatever reason, and progressively they will be returning to their KH2 clothing as they find out more about something/someone.

15. venitas Moogle Assistant

I really hope you're right. I mean, KH1 outfits are too present. if every game exept KH2 use kh1 outfits, even the ones after kh2, then it makes it somewhat... boring. I mean, it's fun with birth by sleep and everything but alot of games have been made to explain past events so now wouldn't be time for a game that continues with the story so we can know what is happenning? (ps: don't get me wrong, birth by sleep is so far my favorite KH game, but now it's time to know what comes next y'know)

16. 61 No. B

I'm pretty sure that's what most are feeling about the slow plot progression, the only reason i really want Sora to have new clothes is because it's a reflection of his aging between games, i don't care to much about Riku and Kairi since their more or less support characters.

17. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

Not only do they have KH1 clothes...they are young to! So this cant be after KHII

18. 61 No. B

It is, we just haven't gotten an explanation yet.

19. venitas Moogle Assistant

that's what I meant actually, but I was tired and had a harsh day at my job (got fired... again -_-) so I didn't really pay attention to how I said things. but yeah the main reason every fan (I think) wants to get rid of these old clothes is because these garments actually means that sora, riku and kairi ARE younger. so in every game after KH2, they should wear their KH2 outfits or else it doesn't really fit.... that was pretty bad explained too but I guess it's no use trying, I am complicated. :P

20. Limex Destiny Islands Resident

i agree with OP i hate the kh 1 kiddie, look i mean they are older now KEEP THEM OLDER!..

so yeah this anger me to no end aswel >.>