Dream Drop Distance KH1 Outfits

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by kairi-aqua-namine, Jun 11, 2011.

1. kairi-aqua-namine Merlin's Housekeeper

My problem with this game is WHY IN THE WORLD ARE THEY BACK IN THEIR KH1 OUTFITS!!!

2. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

Because anything is possible in a spinoff game, like going back to Traverse Town. Squall and etc. live in Radiant Gardens...I loved Travers town, but what are we going to do there? Are they going back in time or something, who knows.

3. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

Y'all, this game is about the Mark of Mastery Exam for Sora and Riku. I don't even know why any of this stuff is coming back. Riku v.s. Ansem SoD, while Sora is fighting Xemnas? What is this I don't even. I do hate KH1 outfits though.

4. Misty gimme kiss

Moving this to its own thread, it's off-topic in the Confirmed Worlds thread, but I'm sure a lot people are eager to discuss this, haha.

But anyway:
    [Source]

I guess that supports both the time travel theories and the 'dream' theories. I'm more a fan of the dream scenario for the game, that it's Sora and Riku reflecting on their past, but they're able to change things in it. Regardless though, the game seems like it will have a very jumpy & scattered timeline; perhaps costume changes will be used to better give the player an idea of what time period you're in?
    (If that doesn't make sense, think Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind--paying attention to Clementine's hair color can help you know when in her and Joel's relationship you are... though if you've never seen the movie this does not really help, haha)

5. Droid Hollow Bastion Committee

Ooh, hadn't seen that quote. My money is on it being a dream game, time travel seems a little "out there" for Kingdom Hearts(It is called Dream Drop Distance sooo...). The Dream scenario could be confusing enough, trying to do time travel....BOOM..

Why does your reference sound familiar...on second thought I probably shouldn't know..

6. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I don't care if they keep the same clothing, since they already did in Re:coded. But it would be nice to see something new. Although I do like the outfits in KH2

7. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Bro, I thought that Nomura said he was going to give them new outfits in this game? I mean... That's what I read on the wiki... but I was pretty sure it was confirmed.

8. Britishism Gummi Ship Junkie

I read that too, but in the promo videos they're still in their orignal outfits. Maybe it's the beginning of the game and they haven't gotten their new outfits yet?

9. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I can't find anything other than the wiki to say that off hand. Could just be someone took the same quote Misty did and thought it was a full confirmation. Maybe you'll have better luck finding an interview or something to support it?

10. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Omnomura did mention that the trailer doesn't necessarily portray what will be happening in the game and that it really only shows what the game will feel like. As TVTropes puts it, Never Trust a Trailer.

11. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I found this article that says they'll be having clothing changes, but I'm not sure how solid the article is itself.

12. Mixt The dude that does the thing

It is a legit site and is exactly what Misty quoted earlier. It says that Nomura was considering it. At this point I'm pretty sure they would have decided, but I don't know if they have revealed what the verdict is on that one.

13. program Twilight Town Denizen

I suppose 'DREAM' Drop Distance, could explain it...But until the game, lets hate the outfits and love the awesome cool abilities and great worlds coming and coming back; such as Traverse Town =D

14. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Hate the outfits....
    Hate Traverse Town...
    I think I might hate this game... but time will tell, I just hope it's better than a certain spin-off I might mention *Cough358/2daysCough*

15. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Haha, see? This is what happens when I don't pay attention... I'm so tired right now... I mean, I really hope they change the outfits...

16. orlando. Traverse Town Homebody

I think a costume change would be nice... hopefully Namora decides to go throught with it. But I also wouldn't mind the whole dream idea where they're in their old clothes because they're reliving parts of their lives through dreams.

17. Nate_River Hollow Bastion Committee

Do the outfits really matter? I mean, sure we've had 5(?) games where Sora is in his KH1 attire, but they're just clothes. Personally, I'd rather see some damn story advancement rather than new clothes.

18. Mr. Pumpkin Hollow Bastion Committee

New clothes are nice, but like Nate said, we need some new story development in here. I'm sick of these games and just want a HD console game with all new worlds and new enemies. I hate all those spin offs and the prequel too.

19. C This silence is mine

Because the clothes of the original game are the ones that fit the mood and the atmoshphere of the games best. KH isn't supposed to be a truly serious game, so having everyone dress up in black doesn't make that much sense. Besides, the original clothes are just kickass, look at dem shoes! Look at dem!

20. Kyubi the Keyblade Master Twilight Town Denizen

Well, for starters, I absolutely despise the KH1 outfits. I think they look ridiculous.

Second, the KH1 models being around for so long is like inadvertently saying "We don't care much for progress," especially after we've seen Sora age a year and grow taller. I can't think of many fans who enjoy reverting back to younger Sora when clearly they want to see what happens next in Sora's timeline. They want him to advance, not revert.