kh1- Ice Titan

Discussion in 'FAQs and Guides' started by Jasper Cullen, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Jasper Cullen Hollow Bastion Committee

Have you had trouble trying to beat the ice titan? I know I did when I first played Kingdom Hearts, so here a little guide on how to beat him.
    Ice Titan Tutorial
    Therefore, before we begin where the Ice Titan is, well the ice titan is in the Coliseum. Talk to Phil and it is the second to the bottom. However before we go into the battle, lets customize our shortcuts. So hit start and then go to customize. Click on Sora, and now you should have a table like thing that say’s Triangle button:, Square button:, and X button :. Now what to put in them, make them all three cure. That is the only magic you need for this fight. Now go from the Customize page to the Equipment page. Now if you do not have Ultima Weapon, use Divine Rose; that is what I used before I had ultima. Then check to see if you have guard on if you do keep it on, if you do not put on. Now leave the start menu and go talk to Phil, and click on Gold Match. Now before we begin I just want to say, never and I mean never use aero in this fight. It makes his ice attacks so big you cannot deflect. When it begins stay, where you are and just let the ice attacks come to you. Once they get about half way to you use guard, and they reflex back at him doing him damage. After doing that twice he should slam his hand on the ground and make ice appear on the ground that damage you. Move away from them but do not go too far that he has to move. Once you guard enough to make him fall to the floor, run up to him and attack his head. After about ten seconds, he will start to stand up; that is when you jump glide to the stands. Once he moves himself near you he will do a freeze attack with his breath, dodge that by jumping when it is near you. After that, you will start making ice boulders appear over your head and drop it on you. To dodge it all you need to do is guard, however it will not go back at him so if you want you just glide away or dodge roll away from it. After all, of those attacks and you refluxing his attacks back at him he should fall again. Glide over to him and start hitting him, once he starts to stand up again glide to the other stands. Everything should be the same as before except this time he has his last attack to show up. It pretty much a super freeze, if you are in his eyesight range it will freeze you. Does not matter if you glide or not you will still get frozen. You will know he is about to do the attack because his hands to next to his head. After that the rest of the battle should be the same, you can probably tell why I told you to shortcut for cure’s. Once he dies you get 5000 exp, however if you are playing Final Mix you also get Diamond dust.

2. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

I beat him really without help, so this is for noobs really. I hope they understand it, it's a good tutorial for KH1 Ice Titan, now what about Sephiroth? *laughs*

3. Jasper Cullen Hollow Bastion Committee

I'm doing Sephiroth next, and yeah its pretty much for noobs but still some people can't beat him.

4. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

Yeah, you're right, no one still can't beat him, and I'm at level 100 already, so it pretty much doesn't matter. *laughs*

5. Ultimecia sorceress

This is a good tutorial for people who can't beat ice titan. It took me ages to figure out the aero thing xD.

6. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

That makes two of us really, but like I cared what happened to me, I used cheats after that battle, NO I beat the game without cheats. Yeesh.

7. Shift Chaser

A few things i owuld like to point out:
    1 - Olympia has the "aways deflect' thing like Ultima,so i'm asuming you're telling people to use it because of that,but there's a better keyblade that also Deflects everytime,Divine Rose,and it's stronger than Olympia,so tewll people to use it.
    2 - Fire is a pretty good magic agaisnt him,they should use it too,and Ragnarock is also good on the first phases.
    3 - He gives 6000 EXP(Not that it matters much..).

And the rest is pretty much good,but there are more things you can do in FM version,like,Leaf Bracer can protect you from various moves and Hurricane Perios can help quote a lot,so,if you can,do a guide for it too(You won't add too much things,but the more the betetr right?).

8. Jasper Cullen Hollow Bastion Committee

1. Oh really I didn't know that about Divine Rose, I'll edit the guide and change it.
    2. I never really said not to use fire, just didn't put it in the guide
    3. Really he gave me 5000 exp

I would but I never fought the Ice Titan on final mix, I only went like half way into the game and quit.

9. Hell Kaiser Ryo Kingdom Keeper

Seriously, I'd say use what you want on Ice Titan when you're at lvl. 100.

10. Shift Chaser

1 - Okay then.
    2 - Oh,sorry.
    3 - And there's one more thing different between FM and normal version....

And if you want to do a completely complete guide,i can give you my save so you can fight Ice Titan.Though there's no much you can add.