KH-Vids User Awards: Info & FAQ

Discussion in '2017' started by Plums, Jul 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plums Wakanda Forever

Hey everyone! As some of you may know, the User Awards run every summer. It is getting time for the 2017 Awards! This thread will have some general information on the Awards, and is your go-to spot for any questions or suggestions you might have (excluding category suggestions).

Nominating
    When will nominations be opened?
    When category submissions have ended, nominations will be opened. This will likely be July 16th.

How many members can I nominate per category? Can I nominate myself?
    You may nominate two members per category. For couple categories (e.g. Cutest Fake/Real Couple, Best Bromance, etc.), you may nominate two couples; for thread categories, two threads, and so on.

When nominating, use a member’s current username. Nicknames, real names, or former usernames will be discarded.

Please do not nominate inactive members. The 2017 User Awards cover the period from the end of the 2016 Awards (roughly August of 2016) to the present, so consider that when nominating. For example, if Joey was a Sectional Moderator in February of 2016, but left in March of 2016, do not nominate him for Best Sectional Moderator 2017.

How do I send in my nominations?

When nominations are opened, staff members accepting nominations will be listed. Please send only one message to each staff member. For example, even though you are sending Xavier your Thread Nominations and Best/Worst Member Nominations, just include it all in one message.

Please directly copy and paste the categories. You do not have to nominate for each category—just leave an N/A in the space. For example, even if I choose to not nominate anything for Thread Nominations, I will still include it in my message.

Voting
    Public Polls & Alternate Accounts
    Polls will be public, therefore we can check if someone is creating alternate accounts to boost votes for a particular member. If you are found doing so, you will be removed from this year’s awards, and will face our typical alternate account punishment.

Likewise, other users can see who you are voting for.

Can I vote for myself?
    You may only vote for yourself in a couple category (e.g. if Joey and Jim are in the running for Best Bromance, Joey can vote for the Joey & Jim Bromance).

In other categories, if you vote for yourself, you will be dropped from the category.

I want to change my vote!
    If the poll is still open, message @Plums about changing your vote.

Hottest Members/Best Members/Worst Members
    For these categories, you'll be allowed to vote for two separate members. These are the only categories in which you'll be able to do this.

Misc.
    If you would like to withdraw from the User Awards entirely, message me and I will take you out of any category you’re nominated for, or think you may be nominated for. I can also remove you from any polls you appear in. Please do keep in mind, however, that the awards are all in good fun—so don’t feel too bad if you’re submitted for Biggest Post Whore!

If you have any other questions or suggestions, feel free to reply to this thread. Have fun!

2. Plums Wakanda Forever

Update 08/11/2017:

Apologies for the Awards being quiet this past week and a half. I ended up getting swamped with some things on my end, but I'll be happy to let you know, that this time has given us a solid schedule for how the rest of the Awards are panning out.

Cycle 1 of voting will begin this Friday (8/11).
    Cycles 2 & 3 will be posted up on August 18th.
    Cycle 4 will be posted on August 25th.

The 2017 Awards cycle should conclude on September 4th, and winners will be posted around that date as well.

For people nominated in categories requiring samples, I will be contacting you momentarily to collect them! If you don't submit a sample, I will just pull from your most recent work posted on the site.

For people interested in joining for running in Best AMV, a nomination thread will be posted soon, and you can nominate yourself and/or other members who've created AMVs this past year. Voting for Best AMV will occur with the Cycle 4 categories.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to shoot me a message!

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

Update 08/16/2017

PMs requesting samples for Cycle 2 (& 4) of the User Awards have been sent. I'm sure most have gotten the message, but juuuust in case:
    you have until 12PM ET on Friday, August 18th to get them back to me, or I will collect the samples from your most recent posts.

In previous years, I know the some of the roleplay categories were a bit inaccessible to people, due to a chunk of our folk not being involved with the RPA for the most part. To make the voting more accessible, and fair, I expanded the amount of samples we're collecting. There are a few categories where I felt that samples would be too complicated to collect. Notably:

• Best Use of Music in a Roleplay
    • Most Memorable Roleplay Boss Battle
    • Most Memorable Roleplay Moment
    • Most Shocking Roleplay Moment
    • Most Dramatic Roleplay

The samples that we use tend to be on the shorter end; bite-sized chunks that a voter could take in enough as to where they can make an informed decision. With these categories, I felt like the only way for someone, not involved in the RPs nominated, to make an informed decision would be to read the entire roleplay, which may be a time investment I'm not sure many would undertake. Even with samples, it may be lacking the complete context which allows for the full impact that people who participated in the roleplays have.

I think there is a way to formulate samples for these categories, and it is certainly something to look into for next year's User Awards. I just didn't have any ideas as to how at the current moment (or the amount of time needed to really delve into it), and opted to just have them as they are for this year.

Other than those, and a few other categories (Biggest Godmodder, Most Missed Roleplayer, and Most Likely to Join Every Roleplay), all remaining RP polls will have samples to accompany them.

Best AMV nominations are open! You can nominate yourself, and nominate two of your AMVs. Nominations will close next Thursday, and the poll will be posted up with Cycle 4.

Otherwise, Cycles 2 & 3 will be posted starting on Friday.

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to shoot me a message!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.