KH-Vids User Awards: Info & FAQ

Discussion in '2015' started by Plums, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Plums Wakanda Forever

Hey everyone! As some of you may know, the User Awards run every summer. It is getting time for the 2015 Awards! This thread will have some general information on the Awards, and is your go-to spot for any questions or suggestions you might have (excluding category suggestions).

Nominating
    When will nominations be opened?
    When category submissions have ended, nominations will be opened. This will likely be mid to late June.

How many members can I nominate per category? Can I nominate myself?
    You may nominate two members per category. For couple categories (e.g. Cutest Fake/Real Couple, Best Bromance, etc.), you may nominate two couples; for thread categories, two threads, and so on.

Do note that for “worst” categories (e.g. Worst Female Member), you may only nominate yourself. Nominations for other users will be discarded. These are the only categories in which you may nominate yourself; however, for couple categories, you may nominate a couple you are a part of.

When nominating, use a member’s current username. Nicknames, real names, or former usernames will be discarded.

Please do not nominate inactive members. The 2015 User Awards cover the period from the end of the 2014 Awards (roughly August of 2014) to the present, so consider that when nominating. For example, if Joey was a Sectional Moderator in February of 2014, but left in March of 2014, do not nominate him for Best Sectional Moderator 2015.

How do I send in my nominations?
    When nominations are opened, staff members accepting nominations will be listed. Please send only one message to each staff member. For example, even though you are sending Xavier your Thread Nominations and Best/Worst Member Nominations, just include it all in one message.

Please directly copy and paste the categories. You do not have to nominate for each category—just leave an N/A in the space. For example, even if I choose to not nominate anything for Thread Nominations, I will still include it in my message.

Voting
    Public Polls & Alternate Accounts
    Polls will be public, therefore we can check if someone is creating alternate accounts to boost votes for a particular member. If you are found doing so, you will be removed from this year’s awards, and will face our typical alternate account punishment.

Likewise, other users can see who you are voting for.

Can I vote for myself?
    You may only vote for yourself in a couple category (e.g. if Joey and Jim are in the running for Best Bromance, Joey can vote for the Joey & Jim Bromance).

In other categories, if you vote for yourself, you will be dropped from the category.

I want to change my vote!
    If the poll is still open, message Plums about changing your vote.

Misc.
    If you would like to withdraw from the User Awards entirely, message me and I will take you out of any category you’re nominated for. I can also remove you from any polls you appear in. Please do keep in mind, however, that the awards are all in good fun—so don’t feel too bad if you’re submitted for Biggest Post Whore!

If you have any other questions or suggestions, feel free to reply to this thread. Have fun!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  2. Plums Wakanda Forever

Update: I derped and it slipped my mind to collect samples for some of the polls in Cycle 2. If you're a nominee for these cycles (Most Improved Writer, Most Improved Roleplayer, Best Writer, Best Poet, Best Photographer, Best Roleplay Graphics, Best Traditional Artist, Best Original Story, Best Musician, Best Singer, and Best Fanfiction), expect from me soon after I post this! You'll have four days to send in a sample -- after that, I'll choose one from your most recent posts. As a result, these polls will be open an additional four days.

Fuuuuuurtermore, if you feel as though you need to change your vote during this round, you are able to! Due to upgrading to Xenforo 1.4, you're able to manually change your vote in polls yourself! This wasn't active for Cycle 1, but it's currently in place for Cycle 2. Pretty neat, huh?

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

Hey guys! The 2015 Awards have officially closed recently! I've been busy this week going back to school, but I and my lovely staff assistants shall be writing up the results, and soon afterwards, hand out pins! This might take a week or two to get finished, but we'll try to get them out as quick and painless as possible. As always, if you've any questions, concerns, or needs for Korrasami fan fiction, please feel free to shoot me a message!

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Now I can stop being boring o' Amaury.

5. Hyuge ✧ [[ Fairy Queen ]]

Are you going to hand out the pins for 2014 with the pins for 2015?

6. Plums Wakanda Forever

Yep, that's the plan! I started to hand them out a few months ago, but ran into some snags with it. I've got an idea of how to approach it now though. It may take a bit longer for everyone to get their pins since my weekdays are pretty hectic now that school's in session again, but I'm gonna try and get them out asap.

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

Fixed. ;)

8. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

college = school tho

9. Amaury Legendary Hero

• Kindergarten
    • School:
      • Elementary: Grades 1 - 5
      • Middle/Junior high: Grades 6 - 8
      • High: Grades 9 - 12
    • College

10. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

kindergarten
    [kin-der-gahr-tn, -dn]
    noun
    1. a school or class for young children between the ages of four and six years.

college
    /ˈkɒlɪdʒ/
    noun
    2. a school or an institution providing specialized courses or teaching: a college of music

11. Amaury Legendary Hero

Still, it's an identifier. When someone says school, you think of elementary - high.

12. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Well, sure, maybe it's what you think of, and probably some others, but probably--most likely--not what everyone thinks.