KH-Vids User Awards 2012: Info & Suggestions

Discussion in '2012' started by Misty, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

This. I didn't listen to the podcast at all. Still haven't.

I think for certain threads, we need samples of the nominated members. Best Musician should have music samples, Best Writer should have links to stories, etc.
    ``

2. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

And so on for virtually anything art- or content-related.

3. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

I'm almost positive best musician has had samples included the last 2-3 times.

4. Misty gimme kiss

I did start doing this last year. ;; Dunno if you were around for it but I think it was anything art related (writing, music, actual like art and stuff) had examples. Some people didn't get back to me to send their samples so not everyone may have had it, but you can check the old threads if you want to be sure.

5. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I'm just vouching for the competition I run, because it's my bby, but I think that there should be some sort of category for best dress up creation.

:x

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

There are a few that I really like here (Best Whovian for one), but I have a few ideas.

Best New Staffie
    Best Old Staffie
    Most Ambitious Prem
    Most Ambitious Normie
    Funniest Male Member
    Funniest Female Member
    Male You Wish Were On More
    Female You Wish Were On More

I know suggestions for categories don't go in this thread, but I didn't want to forget them.

7. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I like how I hijacked the thread for category suggestions.

Oh, if you think it would be helpful to put one of those notice things at the top of the forum, you should do that.

8. jafar custom title

There should a be a Little League Award, where every member gets an award.

9. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

"Thanks for joining the site!"

Um...

10. Daenerys Targaryen ok

Certificate of Participation

11. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Best category suggested by a member

:3

12. Saxima [screams geometrically]

My former US History teacher always hated this idea.

If everyone got an award, even the person in last place, then that would convince them, if they were at a young age, that they wouldn't have to try hard for the gold.

Personally, I agree with him, but I suppose in the case of KHV, this wouldn't be a bad idea, even if it's hardly . . . legitimate.

13. Misty gimme kiss

For real you guys, I don't want category suggestions posted in here. Hate to be a bitch about it but yeah.

14. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

We should introduce campaign finance reform so that there is a strict limit on how much money any one user can spend on campaigning. This way a user can't just buy more ads and get more exposure than any other candidate. It'll keep our elections fair and open to some of our poorer candidates.

In all seriousness though, I like the way the awards ran last year except for the lack of a winner confirmation thread. This isn't so much a suggestion as a , "Wouldn't that be cool/charmingly lame/youknowwhatImeanprobably?" but you could take the idea of a User Awards podcast and do a short intro to each cycle with some entry if people are up for it. I also like riddles if that's worth anything.

15. Boy Wonder Dark Phoenix in Training

Can we also get more accurate nominations? Like, if someone's nominated for something that they don't qualify for, don't include them in the poll. This doesn't apply to everything, but stuff like Most Missed Member or Favorite Banned Member usually have nominated members from ages ago instead of this last year.

16. Yozora Archer

I didn't bother reading through all the pages, so I apologize if this suggestion has already been suggested or whatever......

I was thinking nominations based on an instrument?

Best Drummer
    Best Guitarist
    Best Bassist
    Best Pianist
    Best Singer

?

If there IS something about drumming, this might be my chance to shine and win something on here for once lul.

Edit - **** just saw Misty's *****y post. I guess I'll put this somewhere else then.

Double Edit - ......Crap ;-;
    Also, I thought last year's was cool, but if it can be improved to be better, that's aight.

17. T3F Chaser

*raises hand* I HAVE A SUGGESTION!

Ok, i dont know whether there is a Most Talented member or not, but even for stuff like Best Musician, i think there should be some kind of Talent Quest instead of nominations. Anyone who wants to be up for the award should post their best sample, and THEN have people vote. Now this may more or less be a stupid idea, but i think its better that users get a better picture of people who actually want the award, rather than just nominating for anyone. The title of Best Musician, Best Video Editor etc etc should be decided through some sort of competition, maybe as well as nominations? Idk if that will work, but yeah thats my suggestion :)

18. Misty gimme kiss

Well, Best AMV is already done this way. But the problem here is that the scope of the user awards is to be nominated and voted for by other people. It is literally a popularity contest. While I would not be at all opposed to doing a sort of Talent Contest in the future (I do like the idea!), and perhaps integrating it with the User Awards of the future, they've already been a bit delayed (because of me) and this would require some rather serious retooling. Things like Best Musician etc. do include samples of the nominee's work, so the award is, to an extent, earned.

19. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    God dang it Misty, can we nominate yet?

20. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Apologies for the delay on behalf of the staff!

Things have been preoccupying us for a bit, especially Misty of all people, but rest assured that things will be open soon after the business is taken care of. I trust you understand the effort that is being taken into improving the forum as well, hrmhrm.

To everyone, it is asked that you stay patient just for the moment, and I trust that all of you can do that, yes indeed. So thank you kindly!