KH-Vids User Awards 2012: Info & Suggestions

Discussion in '2012' started by Misty, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Misty gimme kiss

Hey everyone! As some of you may know, the User Awards run every summer. It is getting time for the 2012 Awards!

Instead of launching straight away into category suggestions, I thought I would pose a question to y'all: what would you like to see in this year's awards? What were your complaints with the previous years? Just looking to improve and thought I would ask you guys directly!

Also, if you've any general questions about the awards, feel free to ask them here.

Category lists will be posted in due time. :)

2. Glen Returned from the dead

I would like to see the entire KHV staff perform a song and dance for us

I thought it was just fine last year. Why fix what isn't broken?

3. Misty gimme kiss

This is also good! But I'm just curious what you guys think. If you all think it's just fine the way it's run, that's important for me to know too!

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Not all of the categories seemed... Um... Like... Let me put it this way:
    Some seemed mean, and others seemed hard for members to win and I mean a lot of members

Category suggestions:
    Biggest Whovian
    Biggest Smash Bros. Player

5. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I have a few sections I would like to have added.

Most Valuable Non-Staff Contributor / Best Non-Staff Contributor
    Most Notorious Member (possibly overwritten by Most Intimidating, eh)
    Best Critic
    Worst Critic
    Most Adorable Member
    Best Web Designer (Or something along these lines; scripting is largely left out of arts)
    Best Chorus Song (Too soon?)

I admit a few of these are superfluous and personal to me, but maybe someone else will like them too.

6. Bushy "Don't think. Imagine!"

No worries there:

I suggest Best Vlogger.

...lol
    Of course, I'm likely not the best, but this is something I can actually enter properly for once.

7. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Member Most Likely to be a Villain
    Member Most Likely to be a Hero
    Cutest Potential Couple You Want To See
    Hammiest Member
    Most Interesting/Most Unique/Best Voice
    (complete with sound clips of either singing or dramatic reading or some such)

To contrast with this, Most Perverted/Sexual Member as an addendum.

8. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Couple more:
    Most romantic male member
    Most romantic female member

9. Llave Superless Moderator

That would have to be Tobuscus... if he had a KHV account.

@Makaze, I do like those categories.

A few possible ones as well, and if any are on the ones from last year, disregard the reoccurrence.

Most Prestigious Member

Biggest Flirt

Most Blissfully Oblivious Member

10. Agent.T Destiny Islands Resident

That England thingy place I've always lived in
    I haven't been around for previous awards though I'm sure they were perfectly fun and need little or no change ^_^

EDIT:
    Though I have no idea weather it's ever been considered or not but how about mixing some games into it?
    For example running some sort of themed quiz or perhaps an online scavenger hunt (Example: Find a picture that symbolises ____ or Find a quote that emphasizes the feeling of ____, etc, with certain rules such as only being aloud to use a picture once meaning only one person may use the picture) and giving awards based on that such as "Best answers" or "Most interesting answers" or "most artistic answers" or "funniest answers" and so on and so forth ^_^

11. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Seconding everything that has already been said because you guys have great ideas (some of which came from me) and also:

Hammiest Member
    Best Engrish Speaker
    KH-V Punmaster
    Member Most Likely to Drown Jay-*brick'd*

12. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Member Most Likely to Create Popular Memes.

13. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Huh, perhaps I can win something!

Though I'm not certain if it's the best label... Oh well.

Most helpful member, specifically towards different sections?

Technology,
    Graphics Art,
    Writer's Nook
    Etc.

14. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    Why not Best Writer/Song Maker(I've noticed people in the spotlight get rewarded for this. There are other members who do write stuff, but probably too scared cause of the lash back they could get. Not to say check everyone out, but like have put your best poem/ song/ what ever up and go from there.)
    Best Underground Rp-ers(There a lot of unnoticed groups that are going, but on the DL cause no spotlight.)
    Longest RP on KH-V(Some of the RP's here are doing big things. Group ones and the actual thread one give em a look see.)

15. Heart ❤ Enjoy every moment with all ya got

16. Misty gimme kiss

For the record, I am not looking for category suggestions in this thread. That will come with the category list! Probably should've been clear about that, this is more for general suggestions, if any. I will review all the suggestions posted thus far when I do make the thread, but please keep this to general suggestions for now.
    While this is a nice idea certainly, and may be worth trying in the future, this is more of a characterizing our users type deal? It's like in high school when you vote for superlatives (most attractive, nicest eyes, etc.), if you did that sort of thing. So, nice suggestion but not really in line with the user awards. :)

17. C This silence is mine

Didn't this happen last year too? People started posting categories before it was time? Oh well, simple mistake.

Not much I would want differently, how about a return of the show-host style wrap ups? Basically the only thing that felt missing last year.

18. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Oh, how about you post a thread with the winners this time instead of just doing an obscenely long podcast? You didn't post one last year.

19. Misty gimme kiss

I did intend on posting/listing the winners as with previous years but unfortunately last year the awards wrapped up as I was starting school so I had to keep putting it off. When I finally got time to do it I think it was pretty much past its time. But I do hope to do so again this year, as I know some were unhappy with the podcast. But we might not abandon the podcast altogether (though it should be a little bit more concise, hah).

20. C This silence is mine

The podcast was fine, it was fun to listen to. But if you want to recheck who won, it is much simpler to look through a thread of the winners, rather than listen to a very long podcast to find out again.