KH-Vids User Awards 2012: Category Suggestions

Discussion in '2012' started by Misty, Jun 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Already been suggested, along with Best Non-Staff Contributor (Forum-wide).

2. What? 『 music is freedom 』

3. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

I'm not sure how this one would work. Everyone is into different types of music so you cant really have the 'best' taste in music.

4. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

We could be looking at objective musical quality as dictated by music theory and how well people's opinions line up with the facts. So you can have, in a way, a best taste. Some people will just inevitably dispute this.

5. What? 『 music is freedom 』

Very true, but it can be argued that many of these categories rely on subjectivity and opinion. Granted, if the wording is the problem, perhaps something like Most Eclectic Musical Taste, or perhaps something else like Most Unique Musical Taste could work?

6. Jⱥy King's Apprentice

I suppose someone could have a unique musical taste. For instance I listen to alot of music from different generations such as Frank Sinatra, The Beatles and Queen etc but then again it depends on what we class as unique.

7. Misty gimme kiss

I would have to agree that it's kind of a difficult thing to judge, as Jay mentions. We could, perhaps, add a Most Musical category, to encompass those who are well-versed in music theory & etc., different from the preexisting Best Musician. But as far as music tastes go, I'm not so sure...

8. rikusorakairiown Destiny Islands Resident

Best potential Staff member
    Member of the year
    Most liked and disliked member
    Best and/or worst thread of the year
    Most annoying member
    Most charming member

Also throwing in support for best debater

9. Midnight Star Master of Physics

The 'of the year's seem a bit pointless as all the awards are just for this year as the awards are annually so the Best/Worst thread are effectively already that and isn't 'Member of the year' just the same as 'Best Overall Member' in that case.

10. Misty gimme kiss

We already have Most Likely to be on Staff
    Best Overall Member already exists
    Falls under best/worst, does it not...
    Already have Best Thread and Worst Thread
    Maybe'd
    Seems kind of limited?

11. rikusorakairiown Destiny Islands Resident

I didn't suggest most likely to be on staff. best potential staff member, and most likely to become a staff member are 2 completely different things.

And most like and disliked is not the same as best and worst, you can be a good member and be disliked, similarly you can be a bad member and be liked

It is only natural most charming come with most annoying, charming is an antonym of annoying after all. Perhaps pleasant would fir better though.

12. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Because the awards are based on votes, it will amount to most liked and most disliked regardless.

I agree on the first one: most likely to become staff is about assessment, not only of a user but of their chances of getting approved by the current staff. An element of the user's personal merit is lost because one must take into account how liked they are by the current staff for that vote. Best Potential Staff relies only on personal opinion of the members involved and is based not in assessment of chances but in subjective value, making it a fairer option than "Most Likely to Become".

13. Misty gimme kiss

Explain?
    But, at the end of the day, the User Awards are a popularity contest, so they usually end up being the same thing.
    Which begins to overlap with Nicest & Friendliest.
    The User Awards are almost completely selected by the members--it's not about what the staff thinks or anything like that. If you want to take it that way that's your business, but any category that requires an explanation applied to it, especially to distinguish it from another category, seems a little superfluous to me.

Category suggestions will close out on Friday, June 29th! Maybes will be sorted through by myself and the staff. Nominations will begin shortly after.

14. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Perhaps you misunderstood. The wording of "Most Likely to Become Staff" will lead members to assess the likelihood of their being accepted as well as their personal merit. I feel that this is not as desirable as something which takes only merit into account, such as "Best Potential Staff".

15. Misty gimme kiss

Which is pretty much just semantics. Vote for whoever you think possesses qualities fit for a staff member. If you guys really want we can switch the wording, but having both is just... excessive.

16. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I am not suggesting both. That must have been the misunderstanding. I would rather you simply replace "Most Likely to Become Staff" with "Best Potential Staff". It makes more sense.

17. Jiηx You're such a loser.

Twisting like a flame in a slow dance, baby.
    When is the voting and nominating occurring by the way?

18. Misty gimme kiss

fillerfiller

19. T3F Chaser

Best musician? (Male/Female)?

20. Riku-Sama's Shadow Hollow Bastion Committee

Biggest KH fanboy/fangirl
    Most Unique
    Biggest hipster
    Most insightful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.