Help KH-Vids Server Issues

Discussion in 'Feedback & Assistance' started by Amaury, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I've already informed @libregkd about this on Skype who's looking into it. I'm just posting this for reference so he or @Plums can post what the issue was when it's resolved if they wish.

As it is, for quite a while now, I have noticed that KH-Vids has generally been slower than it was when we first moved to this server, so maybe this is the server saying, "Enough is enough! Fix me!" I don't know. Anyway, the current issue's symptoms are:
    • Slow loading. It takes about 15 seconds for a page to load
      • Sometimes the loading's fine, but AJAX-related things like the Inbox, Alerts, etc. dropdowns don't open
    • Internal Server Errors
    I noticed it was sluggish last night as well, but it's been particularly bad right now.

2. CyborgHD13 Moogle Assistant

I haven't experienced an issues. Are you sure it's not your internet?

3. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

There have been some issues, but they are hit and miss and tend to not last very long whatsoever. Thing is, there is never going to be a perfect system. I understand the need to fix issues that are fixable, and I am sure that the staff are going to do that if it is possible regardless if this thread exists or not. Sometimes you can read between the lines a bit when it comes to stuff like this. If the staff are aware of a problem, you can assume they are working on it. So if the problem isn't fixed yet, it is either A: not an issue that can be fixed or B: an issue that takes some time. Especially due to this time of year, the people who VOLUNTEER to help run the site are most likely going to be a bit slower than usual as this site comes 2nd (or 3rd, 4th, etc) to family or personal off time.

Due to the way the server is handled by the owner (pretty sure it shares a server with another site) you aren't really going to be able to reach any sort of perfection. This is especially true in later hours as (from what I've seen) these issues only ever occur later in the day, unless they are an outlier.

Also not talking shiet here, just figured I would mention this as it is valid to the conversation. Perspective has a lot to do with problem solving.

You need to keep in mind that Amaury is very (how can I put this lightly) "picky" when it comes to the details. Its very rare to find somebody who cares that much about every little detail, because of this the chances of someone keeping the sites to your standards (speaking directly to Amaury here) is slim to none. This is not due to the staff's lack of dedication, more so due to the fact that as I've already said, technology is not and never will be perfect.

tl;dr a lot of this stuff is just redundancy and the staff are going to do what they can.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Of course not. Even I know that, haha! I have noticed general performance issues with KHV, though. Every day there will be times where the site hang ups, and properly maintained sites from what I've seen, and KHV IS properly maintained--don't get me wrong!--have very few issues. The issues that they do have are usually out of their control, such as the host going down.