KH-Vids Royale III

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Roxas, Dec 6, 2021.

1. C This silence is mine

Very clever to bring up the future rounds like that, maybe the fans' hopes and dreams about Boris being the winner aren't dead yet

2. rikusorakairiown Destiny Islands Resident

Holy **** Cin is here

3. Roxas OG

Sara stepped back from Boris. Her husband’s request was insane. Cin was surrounded by his teammates and best friends from the forum. This ragtag group was armed to the nines. Aelin had a Springfield XD, but Sara couldn’t just ask her for it. She had her katana strapped to her back, but what use was that? It’s a suicide mission right now.
    “I think Cin wanted to talk to you,” Kitty reminded her. Sara nodded. She glanced at Boris once more as if to say ‘I’ll try.’
    “Wait,” called C. “There’s something I need to tell Cin.”
    “Really?” asked Sara. She looked at Kitty for approval.
    “You’re good, C. Follow Sara.”
    They left Boris and Aelin behind and made their way toward the crate at the end of the city ruins. The enormous red spotlight disappeared into the night sky as it got too high for its light to pierce any longer. Beyond that were a million stars. She listened to the waves crash against rocks at the bottom of the cliff. There, Cin, Mish, Misty and Inasuma were talking hurriedly.
    “Hey, all,” Sara said, waving. They turned her way.
    “She’s here,” Misty smiled. “Finally.”
    “This looks like a staff reunion,” Sara grinned. “Is that why you invited me?”
    “I wish,” Cin chuckled, but his face revealed something grave. “I really do wish.”
    “Well?” asked Sara. “You didn't invite Boris?”
    “Your husband attacked us,” Mish explained. “I won’t blame him. It’s all part of the game. But, no. He won’t be joining us.”
    “You aren’t going to kill him, are you?”
    “We don’t plan on it,” Mish replied. “For now.”
    “There are bigger things that concern us,” Cin told her. “First, I should give you some context. I received a tracker as my random weapon. Obviously, you’ve shared location data with Boris and you know how it works. Now imagine having everyone’s location data. That’s basically what I got from my duffel bag.”
    Cin held up his phone, and Sara saw what he was talking about. Gathered at the top of the island were their avatars. She could see Tamale’s avatar moving back toward their base in the south, and on the western coast, Lauriam and Trigger were hanging out by their team’s crate.
    “Aren’t you lucky,” she muttered. This is what Boris wants, she realized. And I see why.
    Yes, the two of them could surely take the game down if they had this on them.
    “Do you notice anything odd?”
    “Odd?”
    “Yes, Sara. Look near your team. And tell me what you see there.”
    Sara looked at the bottom of the map where the beach and abandoned town were. So distracted by her own team’s avatars in the woods a short ways up, she’d failed to notice the avatar on the southern part of the island. It stared back at her from the place the underground dormitory where they stayed was. It wasn’t moving. It was Roxas.
    “Roxas?” she gasped.
    “Yeah, it’s him. We think,” Cin gestured.
    “You think? As in, this could be some ruse?”
    “I mean, we don’t know,” Misty said. “We’ve been deliberating this whole time. But we want you with us, Sara. You knew Roxas so well. And if we’re going to track him down and find him, then we need your help.”
    “You were the only one who seemed to keep the man in line,” Inasuma said. “The only one he cared to listen to.”
    “But most importantly, we’re all his friends,” Cin said. “When he sees us together, what’s he going to do? Continue the game? Kill us all?”
    “Wait,” Sara said, astonished. “You want me to help you? I… I didn’t think that’s what this was about.”
    Well, ****, she grimaced internally.
    “We do,” Cin replied. “I’ve been tracking Roxas, too.”
    “Tracking? He moves?”
    “Indeed. I watched him traverse the island during the first challenge; from F-10 where we began, to F-6 and then to G-4.”
    Sara glanced at her own map to figure out where she was herself. “He wasn’t far from here, then,” she noted. “But… then what happened?”
    “After I completed the challenge, we woke up underground. As soon as I got back into the game, I turned my tracker on. But…” Cin rubbed the back of his head. “He hasn’t left the dormitory this time. I don’t know. I still don’t know what this means. Is it fake? Real? Why would Roxas be on this in the first place?”
    “Hmm,” Sara mumbled. “Right..."
    “Everybody?”
    Sara turned. It was C.
    “I found this when I… killed Evil,” he said, holding up a phone. “I don’t know what he did, or how, but check it out.”
    He passed Sara the phone. It only had one avatar on it - Roxas.
    “It was like this when I found it,” C explained. “I know Evil was a hacker and all, so, he must have done it to his own GPS.”
    “Damn. He would have been a real asset if he hadn’t gone crazy,” Cin sighed. “But this helps to confirm something, C. This is probably real. And Roxas, for whatever reason, can be tracked on our phones.”
    “And how is he getting around?” Sara asked. “You don’t think he was just traipsing through the woods while we all picked each other off, do you?”
    “No,” Cin answered. “But I have my theories. Something underground is my best bet. A tunnel.”
    “I like this idea,” Misty continued. “Something about that dormitory felt hollow and off… like it was a part of something bigger, something larger, and we were just placed in that one random room because it was convenient.”
    “Exactly,” Cin nodded. “And why would there be just one, single underground bunker? Now a network of tunnels under the island - that seems more likely.”
    Sara was gobsmacked.
    “I’ll help you,” she said. “I want to see Roxas, too. And whether we convince him to stop this all, or we kill him… or he all kills us… it’ll be a better ending to all of this than a pointless death.”
    “You can’t tell Boris,” Mish said. “Promise?”
    “I… well…” Sara paused. “Sure. Promise.” This felt wrong.
    “Regardless,” Cin said. “We need to rest up. We’ve only just figured all this out. Let’s rest, then revisit the plan later. Forget capture the flag. We’re a new team, now. A team with a different mission.”
    Sara looked back at Boris. He was being circled by Kitty and Aelin. I’m not sure I can kill Cin babe. This is too big. Bigger than the game.
    “Cin, you need sleep,” Misty said. “Let us take the first watch.”
    Sara wondered how late it was - probably nearing eleven at night.
    “Sara?” It was Inasuma. He pushed his glasses up his nose. “We need to watch Boris, but you can sleep near him if you’d like.”
    She looked back. Boris was laying on the ground now.
    “I’ll sleep with you all tonight,” she said. “Tell Boris… you need to keep me away from him. Make it up for me.”
    “Will do,” Inasuma said, walking off.
    I’m not turning my back on you, Boris. Just… waiting until you can be convinced to join me.
    She wasn’t sure how to get his mind off the money, but she’d find a way. She had a reason to keep playing now - not just for the survival of her family, but to help save her friends - and, if they were lucky - find a way off the island.

21 players remaining

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
  4. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

wuh-oh! trouble in paradise!!

5. Aelin Best Waifu

Thanks for ditching me guys XD. At least now I know I have a weapon.

6. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Oooooooooh he wants to be part of the gaaaaaame

Character-Roxas set this up 'for us,' he arranged it, he gathered everyone together and the whole ****ing thing has been spurred by blatant nostalgia, he literally wants to be part of the game and he connected himself to the trackers (but not anyone in the Organization) and has been lurking around where he might be noticed. He wants to be challenged. He wants to be engaged. He wants to play with us.

At least that's my theory lol

7. Roxas OG

Trigger lay on his back on the top of a sand dune, staring at the stars. He wished the sky would part and Mufasa would walk out with some decent advice on getting out of this situation. An air of doom had been suffocating him since the game had begun. On an island where you could hear every gunshot and a chibi voice actor announced every death, a depressive panic seemed allowed.
    Lauriam was sleeping on the left, her pink hair listing in the breeze that came in off the water. When the wind picked up, sand would lift from the dunes and scatter in its direction, eventually settling somewhere else. Trigger had watched this happen again and again, and was now intimate with the process of the dunes’ creation.
    It would be silent if not for the hiss of the canister that blew blue smoke into the air hours after the crate had dropped. The sun was still up when Misty, Kitty and Inasuma had set off to meet Mish. That’s when Misty and Trigger had exchanged location data, and he and Lauriam had begun to take shifts guarding the crate.
    He wasn’t ticked off, but it was a shame their teammates had abandoned them so quickly. Misty had a plan, and it wasn’t his prerogative to start an argument in such a delicate situation. As far as he was concerned, he’d made the right decision; it wasn’t long after his team had left that he’d heard the first gunshots. All the action seemed to be going on to the north and the east, at the volcano. Thankfully - at least so far - no one had shown up on the blue team’s turf to try and steal a flag. That made things a little easier.
    A scorpion skittered across the sand, and Trigger watched its tail disappear over the edge of the dune. It felt wrong to see something so innocent and unaware in a situation so dire. If only he could scuttle away himself. His mind wandered back to his childhood, as if rejecting the entire scenario unfolding before him. All those video games he’d played. The friends he’d made. Things were so lighthearted then - so peaceful. Growing up was more than just leaving that behind. It was processing the dark world you were incapable of understanding when you were young.
    People all over the world are watching this ****. He put his hands behind his head. What the **** is wrong with them? Put yourself in our shoes, idiots…
    But, what would he be doing if he wasn’t here? If he’d never opened that letter and gotten on that plane? Would he be watching the game, too? Watching his friends get massacred? Adding to the viewer count, the ad revenue, the hysteria?
    I guess it would be easy to get caught up in this, he smirked.
    He glanced at his phone screen. It was nearly four in the morning. Misty’s avatar had yet to move, and thus, the signal had yet to be given.
    “I must meet Mish,” Misty had explained the night before. “I need two of you to come with me. The others will watch the crate.”
    “I don’t like this,” Trigger had argued. “We shouldn’t split up.”
    “Share your location with me, and watch my every move,” Misty rebutted. “When I start walking in circles and you see my avatar moving around like that, it’ll be my signal.”
    “A signal for what?” Lauriam had asked.
    “To move on the green team’s crate.”
    So when are we going to get that signal?
    Nothing had happened yet. Misty was probably sleeping. At four-fifteen, he’d wake Lauriam so she could take over watch. In the distance, he saw green smoke illuminated in the moon’s light. There hadn’t been gunshots or explosions in hours now. Maybe everyone had realized how ****ed they were and escaped into their dreams. Maybe they were all awake and advancing on the blue crate right now. Trigger had no clue, but if they were anything like him, they'd be resting, too. Each crate emitted a colorful plume of smoke and he imagined others were nestled in to defend, dozing at the bases of those smoke pillars.
    His eyes started to close. He’d been up for four hours now, and he’d hardly slept when it was Lauriam’s turn to watch, anyway. He wondered how she’d passed out so easily with everything going on. He’d stirred and woken in a sweat more than once, and eventually decided to only rest his eyes by the end of it. It felt like he hadn't had a proper night's sleep in days.
    Things went black. He didn’t know how much time had passed, but when he opened his eyes, Lauriam was up.
    “You drifted off, Trigger,” she said.
    “I-I’m sorry. What time is it?”
    “4:10.”
    “Thank goodness. It’s only been a few minutes.”
    “I’m glad I woke up, then,” Lauriam said. “You might have missed this.”
    Trigger grabbed his phone. Misty’s avatar was moving.
    “A circle?” he asked.
    “She hasn’t completed a full one yet, but it looks like that’s the shape she’s making,” Lauriam said. They both sat and watched as Misty’s avatar finished its first rotation. She kept walking as if to make another circle.
    “This is good enough for me,” Trigger said. “So we head there?” The two of them looked at the green smoke to the southeast.
    Lauriam already had her switchblade in hand. “I’m not sure why we’re abandoning our crate, but I trust Misty.”
    “Come on, then,” Trigger beckoned. He stood and held his hand out. “We’ll go together.”
    Lauriam nodded and let Trigger pull her up.
    “You loaded?” she asked.
    Trigger pulled out his Colt Magnum. The chamber was full.
    “Yeah,” he said. “Locked and loaded.” He pulled back the gun and an empty shell dropped into the sand. Trigger looked back toward the crate. It would be left defenseless for a moment, but it’s a moment they had waited a long time for. Whatever information Misty had, they had to trust her. Back on the phone’s GPS, Misty completed another circle.
    “That’s our cue,” he said, and began to walk down the dune.
    “With haste, Trigger,” Lauriam laughed, running ahead. “It’ll be an hour before we get there otherwise!”

21 players remaining

8. Aelin Best Waifu

Mar, please don't betray me and my team. We need to survive!

9. Mish smiley day!

Maru, how could you?

10. C This silence is mine

Please somebody think about the poor innocent green flag. Take the blue one instead :(

11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

I mean it wouldn't *technically* be a betrayal if it's not my team I'm opposing... ;D Besides, we need to survive too and that means ending the game with more flags than we started with soooooo but I haven't done anything yet except take a nap anyway lol so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Really enjoying the idea of me and Trigger being awesome teammates though. I've always liked Trigger. He's a good'un XD

12. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Got inspired for something
    Lying Down on the Job KHVRIII.png

13. Roxas OG

14. Roxas OG

Libre’s eyes blinked open. He’d been dreaming of home, his wife, and his kids. They weren’t too far away if he looked east… well, he hoped, at least. It’s like they’d all collectively assumed they were off the coast of California somewhere because that’s where Roxas had gathered them all. The scary reality of the situation was that none of them knew where they were. Who knows how long they’d been gassed? He could have flown them halfway around the world - some sick, remote island where rich people hunt poor people or something. He only hoped his kids weren’t watching. His wife wouldn’t be able to resist.
    It was early in the morning, before sunrise. This was when he'd planned to make his move.
    Libre watched Misty nervously circling the crate. He hoped she wouldn’t notice him; he’d take her out if he had to.
    But first, he had someone else he needed to take care of. Everyone was asleep - except Deathspank, whose hands and feet had been tied. He was sitting up against the wall, mumbling to himself.
    Libre walked softly over to him.
    “Hey, buddy. You up?”
    “Yeah,” Deathspank answered. “I can’t fall back to sleep like this.”
    “I noticed. Here, let me help you get more comfortable.”
    “Really? Thanks, man.”
    Deathspank shuffled himself away from the wall.
    “This will all be sorted in the morning,” Libre told him. “Once they figure out what they’re going to do with Boris, they’ll let you go. This has nothing to do with you.”
    “I figured,” Deathspank sighed. “I was kind of hoping you guys would capture me, anyway. I didn’t want to hang out with Boris anymore.”
    “Don’t blame you,” Libre chuckled. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out half of the duffel bag his weapon and food had come in. He’d cut the thing in half after the others had passed out. “He seems like a total dick.”
    “I guess. He’s not that bad a guy, but I’d rather be with the people I enjoy talking to.”
    “Like me, Deathspank?” Libre put his hands on the rope on Deathspank’s wrists.
    “Yeah,” Deathspank laughed. “Exac-”
    His courteous speech was cut short as Libre pulled the duffel bag over Deathspank’s head. He heard him screaming out from beneath the fabric but it came out as muffled howling. No one woke, even as Deathspank’s body twisted and turned, his feet thrashing inside the rope. Libre’s biceps flexed as he held down Deathspank’s giant frame. But with his hands and feet tied, the forum’s creator stood no chance. Eventually the kicking ceased and his body fell limp onto the grass. Libre pulled the bag off and saw Deathspank’s face had turned purple and his eyes bulged in their sockets.
    He turned from the frightful scene and glanced around one more time. Other than Misty, no one else seemed to threaten his plan. He could ignore them for now.
    There was a patch of tall grass next to the crate that Libre began to crawl for. He knew he might alert Misty if he moved too fast, so it was best to stay low. She couldn’t hear or notice him, or she’d start asking questions - and he didn’t have answers.
    The PKM was thrown over his back as a last resort. Pulling that trigger meant waking everyone in the area. It would be a bloodbath.
    You just need one thing. One little device.
    He crawled through the tall grass and peeked through the last blades between him and the band of friends Cin had thrown together. A small campfire had burned out between them. Inasuma was sleeping nearest to him, arms crossed under his t-shirt, his head resting on top. Mish, C and Sara were sleeping on their duffel bags on the other side of the fire pit. Between them was Cin, which meant he’d have to crawl past Inasuma if he wanted his prize.
    And that’s assuming Cin has the tracker, he thought. I ****ing pray he does.
    There wasn’t any time to waste. He had no idea when they’d wake.
    Go!
    He shuffled out of the grass. Misty faced the other way, looking at her phone while walking around. Libre crouched and ran to where the others were sleeping.
    When he arrived, he heard Inasuma’s head moving on top of his shirt. Libre stopped moving so fast the PKM swung round and jabbed him in the chest.
    “Ah-” He slammed his hand down on his mouth. Inasuma let out a loud snore, but that was it. Libre held his breath for a moment, waiting for something to happen. When nothing did he decided to crawl toward Cin.
    This is going well. He thought of his wife. She was probably watching now. What was she thinking? What was he thinking? Ignore the cameras, everything!
    He passed Inasuma without occurrence and had reached his prey. Cin was curled up on the grass with his duffel bag laid on top of him as a makeshift blanket. His breaths were steady and he seemed to be amidst a deep, peaceful sleep. Libre glanced about the campfire to check Cin’s proximity to the others. Was the duffel bag over the head too risky? And Cin wasn’t tied up and defenseless like Deathspank had been. No… he just needed to take the tracker and run.
    It was on the ground next to Cin’s head. Libre stepped closer and bent over him. The PKM swung back and forth and its shadow crossed Cin’s face. He reached out to grab the phone and picked it up. Cin let out a small breath, but otherwise showed no acknowledgement of Libre’s presence.
    Holy **** - I have it!
    Libre pulled back swiftly. He glanced at Mish, C, Sara, Inasuma, and then back to the team member he’d just betrayed. I’m sorry, red birds. It’s time for me to fly away.
    The tall grass wasn’t far. As soon as he was there, he would disappear to the other side of the island and never be seen again. With this tracker he could hide until the last players were left for him to pick off with his PKM.
    Doo-doo-dah!
    Libre stumbled when the trumpets played. Cin and the others around the campfire began to open their eyes and stir.
    “Player number four - Deathspank - has left the game.”
    “Deathspank?” It was Inasuma, the first to fully awaken. “Did she say Deathspank!?”
    Libre cocked his PKM and pointed it at Inasuma.
    “Stay back!” he screamed. “Don’t move, or I’ll ****ing kill you!”
    Inasuma screamed and put his hands up. “Libre!? What’s going on?”
    Libre turned to run. This was his chance - make it through the grass, back into the jungle, and he was free!
    But when he turned, a gun was pointed at his face.
    “Drop the phone, Libre,” Misty said. “And the gun, too.”
    Libre gulped.

20 players remaining

15. Aelin Best Waifu

Damn Libre. getting ballsy are we now? Can you pull it off again? Kill Misty? I don't trust her.

16. C This silence is mine

Roxas probably told them to not play the death announcement until after Libre thought he was gonna get away with it. Now that's comedy.

17. Mish smiley day!

The creator of the forum, taken out so unceremoniously. For shame, Libre.

18. Roxas OG

There were five green monkeys when they’d first met, but now only one guarded their home base beneath the open sky. Green smoke bubbled toward the stars until it dissipated in the wind, leaving green traces across the moon. Orion’s Belt was almost gone, and Tamale figured the sun would soon be rising. He hadn’t looked at his phone in a few hours, for he knew Sara wouldn’t be coming back for a while.
    What was he even doing here, anyway? After he’d returned with the yellow giraffes’ flag, he’d collapsed in anguish. If only there was some way he could erase what he’d just seen - both Rosey and Hissora’s deaths.
    The one on his hands stung the most. What would his friends at home be thinking? His family? He was a murderer, no doubt, and the whole world had seen him do it. No amount of money could ever change that.
    A mansion on a plain, miles from civilization. Or a cabin in the wilderness where no one can find me. A place like that’s my only chance at happiness now…
    Even though he’d walked out of the woods, past the abandoned shops and down to the ocean’s water to wash Hissora’s blood off him, he still saw red patches of her stuck to his skin. She'd never wash off - not truly.
    He turned the shotgun toward his face and wondered if this moment was being broadcast right now. What would chat say if he did it? Tamale didn’t care. There was nothing worth fighting for anymore. Not after the things he’d seen and done.
    It was difficult to hold the gaudy shotgun in place as he tried to wrap his mouth around the end and put his finger on the trigger at the same time. How did Cobain manage? His hands were sweaty and he fumbled the shotgun. Dammit. He was only making it more intense for the viewers at home, he imagined. But it wasn’t going to stop him. Not now. He’d done his part and brought a flag home, but his time was done. Sara and the rest of the green monkeys could carry on knowing they’d won the game because of he and Rosey’s sacrifices.
    Tamale picked the shotgun up and placed it in his mouth. This time, he kicked off his shoe and put his toe on the trigger. He thumbed the safety latch, ready to open it.
    There was someone back home he thought of as he readied his toe. She was probably watching now, wondering if he’d do it. Tamale looked up at the branches and trunks and hoped his eyes would sweep a camera and look directly into hers one last time. I love you, he thought, imagining her. He wanted it to be the last thing he ever saw. His thumb flicked the latch and he closed his eyes.
    “Tale, no!”
    Startled, he dropped the shotgun. Lauriam and Trigger ran out of the shadows, screaming his name. He scrabbled to grab the shotgun and pointed it at them as they entered the clearing where the crate had fallen.
    “What are you doing here?” he asked.
    “Relax, dude. It’s me,” Lauriam said. Her switchblade was open regardless. They eyed each others’ weapons.
    “Put that down for me, Trigger,” Tamale said, pointing at the man’s gun. He needed to be in control of the situation if they were at his team’s crate, after all.
    “There’s two of us and only one of you,” Trigger answered. “I think you should be the one putting that down.”
    “No can do, kiddo. If you want to talk at my crate, then you need to follow my rules.”
    Trigger looked at Lauriam. She just shrugged.
    “Fine,” Trigger said. “I’m dropping it slowly.” He bent down and put the gun on the ground.
    I could blow them both to pieces, Tamale realized. Two less players. I’m a killer already, right!? Why not spare another couple victims from this cruel game before I move on myself?
    Tamale cackled.
    “A-are you okay?” Lauriam asked.
    “What happened to you, Tama?” Trigger followed. “We saw you, you know? You were about to…”
    “I know!” Tamale said. He wanted to cry. “I… I deserve it... I’m a murderer!”
    There was an uncomfortable silence.
    “We’ve all done things we regret during the game,” Lauriam said softly. “We all have things that haunt us.”
    “I didn’t have to kill her, but… it was the only way I could guarantee that flag.” Tamale looked at the dried blood that still stuck to his skin. Lauriam and Trigger saw it too, but when he noticed, they tried to pretend they were looking at something else. “It’s fine. I deserve to be reminded.”
    “You were just defending yourself,” Trigger said. “If it hasn’t happened to us yet, it will. And if we don't defend ourselves when it does, well - we'll die. So… don’t think about it.”
    It was true. If he hadn’t taken out Hissora, it might be her who was fighting this inner battle over him. When two players meet, someone lives and someone dies. That was the way of the game.
    “And what if I kill you both now?” Tamale asked. “You came for a flag each, didn’t you? You're here to make me do this, no?”
    “W-well,” Lauriam stammered. She glanced at Trigger. “Yeah. No point in lying. Why else would we be here?”
    “You can take this one,” Tamale said. He pulled the yellow giraffes’ flag out of his pocket and threw it on the ground in front of them.
    “So the explosions at the volcano were you?” Trigger asked.
    Tamale nodded. “Leave us green monkeys alone,” he told them. “Take that brown flag. It should guarantee you’ll make it to the next round, if you still have all your flags back home.”
    “We do, or, we should,” Trigger corrected. “So the yellow flag would make six.”
    “And that would leave me with five,” Tamale said. “And the yellow giraffes with four. We should all be safe.”
    They all stood in silence as they pondered the idea.
    “Okay,” Lauriam said. “I’m okay with this, but on one condition.”
    “What’s that?”
    “Come with us, Tale. We’re heading north.”
    “North?” Tamale asked, confused.
    “To the city ruins,” explained Trigger. “That’s where the rest of our team went.”
    “That’s where the rest of my team went!” Tamale shouted. “Then why are we all standing here?”
    “Good point,” Lauriam said. “So are you coming with? It’s our one condition, or we’re gonna have to take a flag from your crate, too.”
    “Oh, shut up,” Tamale grinned. He was glad to be around company - his mind was distracted again. "I'm coming. Trigger, pick up your weapon. Just put that switchblade away for me, Lauriam."
    Lauriam laughed and put her blade away.
    “It’s almost five in the morning,” Trigger said. “If we move now, we can get there before sunrise. It's safest now, right?"
    "Yeah," Tamale said, renewed. "Let's make our move."
    “Then follow me, you two,” Lauriam said, map in hand. “I know the way.”

20 players remaining

19. Aelin Best Waifu

Why does gathering everyone in one area sound like a really bad idea. Also leaving several crates unattended. If someone was twisted enough it would be easy to kill off a bunch of competitors at once. but hey, Tale, good on you for being able to cut a deal to not screw us over!

20. Roxas OG

Misty held her gun at Libre, her arm shaking in shock.
    “Drop it, Libre. Please.”
    But he didn’t move. He didn’t go for his PKM, he didn’t look at the stolen phone - he just stared at her, motionless.
    “Why, Libre?” she asked him. “Why?”
    The others were waking up and coming to, and they started to surround them. She saw the horror on their faces when they saw what was going on.
    “This is a joke, right?” Mish asked, trembling.
    “Is that mine!?” Cin cried, realizing his phone wasn't next to him. “Why would you do this to us?”
    “You can’t blame me!” Libre shouted, his face red. “This tracker thing’s ****ed - broken! What are we gonna do, huh? Let Cin win? What do you think will happen if he has it? We should throw it over the cliff! No one should have it! No one!”
    Misty waited for him to calm down a bit.
    “We had a plan, Libre. There’s something on that tracker that’s more than just our avatars. More than this game itself. We want to use it - all of us - to figure this game out for real.”
    “W-w… what?” Libre stammered. For the first time, he looked at Cin’s phone. Misty watched him and wondered if he’d see what she was talking about. On that phone was Roxas’s avatar. And if he noticed it, he’d know what they were up to. That was the real prize. That’s why Cin had gathered them here.
    “Wait,” Libre whispered. “I do see something - yes! Right here!”
    “It’s him, isn’t it?” Misty asked. She was sure he’d calm down now.
    “Well, not just him. Three of them,” Libre said. “And they’re almost here.”
    Cin gasped.
    “Three of him…?” Misty was confused.
    “Give me that,” Cin said. “Give me it!”
    “Oh, no, Cin,” Libre grinned, pivoting and pointing his PKM at Cin. “You’re going to have to tear it off me!”
    Misty cocked her gun. “Drop it, Libre!”
    “It’s too late,” he said. “They’re here.”
    A gunshot went off, and the hair on Misty’s arms prickled as the bullet sizzled past. She wasn’t sure who was being aimed at, but it seemed like no one had been hit.
    Thud.
    Until she heard the noise. Misty turned to see Inasuma on his knees, a stream of crimson running down his face and chin from a hole in his forehead. His lifeless body fell forward and collapsed in the moonlit grass. She could have watched as the puddle of blood formed beneath him, but her grievances were cut short by the sound of a manic battle cry.
    “Brown dogs! Attaaack!”
    Misty turned to see three men run out from the abandoned pharmacy that was several meters away. She fired a shot in their direction but the bullet went wildly out of range. Still, they ducked, and she used the opportunity to launch herself into the nearby tall grass.
    When she finally stopped rolling, she looked for Libre. ****, she realized. He’s ****ing gone. Perhaps Cin was chasing him. Either way, he wasn’t her problem now. They’d been caught off guard by the brown team - and no less, if she’d had Cin’s tracker she would have seen them before they arrived!
    But there was no time to learn from tactical mistakes now. She crouched and looked out to see Cia firing off her uzi as Amaury and Risk charged, taking cover behind the various debris left in the city ruins. Bullets bounced off car doors and light poles, leaving holes in the brick buildings that lined the road. Kitty was behind Cia, firing with Boris’s rifle while they transported Boris backward to a safer location.
    “Untie me!” he was screaming, but the girls weren’t intent on listening. They dragged him along as they provided themselves cover. Misty fired a shot at Risk, who ducked behind an old newspaper stand before he was hit. The extra time allowed them to round the corner behind the last building where the old vending machine was and throw Boris onto the bench.
    Misty saw someone running out of the corner of her eye. Sara had taken off from behind the crate and was running toward Boris in the wide open. Amaury popped up and fired a shot, but Misty returned one herself and the brown dog ducked back down.
    What are you thinking? Misty groaned to herself. Yet Sara had covered most of the ground needed to reach her husband. She was going to make it.
    But wait - where was the third man? Misty glanced around. She swore three men had attacked from the pharmacy, yet only Risk and Amaury appeared to be firing off shots. So where was this other person - and what was their weapon?
    “Sara! Nooooooo!”
    Boris’s scream echoed through the ruins and Misty turned to see him try to run for her, stumbling on the rope around his ankles. Darkandroid rose from the tall grass in Sara’s path with something strapped around his back. She ran on, completely unaware of him as he pulled the trigger of the flamethrower he’d stolen from No Reality. The hose in his hands roared as the fire was pushed from it like a jet, and Misty closed her eyes as Sara’s body went up in flames. Her final scream vanished in the frenzy of the fire as she turned to ash.
    Gunshots went off in all directions, but Darkandroid had already disappeared into the grass. Misty knew he was in the brush somewhere - and if he found her, she was toast.
    “Misty! Get over here!”
    She looked left. C and Cin were hiding behind the red team's crate. She could probably make it if she was lucky. There’s no way Risk and Amaury wouldn’t unleash hell on her when she appeared in the open. But Darkandroid was nearby, and if he found her, she was a goner then, too.
    Oh, **** this. I’ll die either way, so might as well die trying.
    “Cover me!” she screamed at C and Cin; she had no clue if they even had weapons. She fired a shot just to be safe and tore out of the tall grass, running toward them.
    Pop! Pow!
    She could feel the bullets whizz by, hoping none had grazed her. A glance to the right revealed that Risk and Amaury were both firing away. Her pistol in her left hand, she held up the gun and took a hail mary shot. Amaury popped up at exactly the wrong time and the bullet went right into his open mouth and out the back of his head. Vomit and blood gargled out of the hole as his body disappeared behind the cover he’d taken.
    A bit of luck, a bit of skill. An equal share of both, maybe.
    Risk must have been in shock, because that was the last of the gunshots from the brown dogs. But Misty knew Darkandroid was still out there - and what would he do now? Come for them at the crate, or go for someone else?
    Mish! Kitty! Cia! Misty realized. She turned to see the girls with Boris, pointing their weapons frantically.
    “Leave Boris and run!” she screamed. The place they’d dragged him was right next to the tall grass. “RUN!”
    The girls turned to see where all the noise was coming from, and as they did, Darkandroid popped up from the grass and unleashed the flamethrower.

17 players remaining