KH-Vids Podcast KH-Vids Podcast Episode #17 Vincent Corazza Interview

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by Sabby, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

[​IMG]

Sorry for the delay everyone but thank you once again for the questions you asked the voice actor of Zexion/Ienzo. In the lovely podcast we have Sabby, Clawtooth, Ienzo and the lovely Vincent Corazza today talking about his career, his life and about his role in Kingdom Hearts.

Have suggestions or questions for the members of the KH-Vids Podcast? Let Sabby know, or bring it to our attention in the posts below! Just be sure to follow the rules and guidelines here.
    YouTube
    Twitter
    Tumblr

*the mini series will be up soon, so stayed tuned

2. Llave Superless Moderator

Well, I'm gonna be the first to say it, but this episode was very disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Vincent and everything he said. He was pretty cool. But the problem I bring up is the lack of asking him question after question and stating which member asked him thereof. Not only was it unappealing, but it just sounded like you guys were asking your own stuff. All the questions were so serious, I feel there should have been a few silly ones here and there. I know I asked some silly ones. Lots of awkward pauses, and it was kind of hard to hear Claw and Ienzo.

The Phil Snyder one seemed successful because none of which I stated above occurred in his. Every question was followed by a username, there was lots of laughter, things seemed smoother and such.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad, please don't feel that way. But I had to give my personal opinion on the matter. If I didn't and just said, "Lolz so kool gaiz omg <3 it!~" there would be no constructive criticism, therefore, no drive to do better. I know you guys had fun and I sensed some of that. It just seemed... less special for us because we cannot appreciate knowing who asked what and feel like we were part of the podcast in some way. The podcast is our voice, all of us.

3. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

I agree with what Llave aka Mako is saying about the awkward silences, I wasn't really bothered by the Username thing but I guess it would be great to have for Mr. Corazza as it gives him the impression that there is a whole community of fans awaiting his answers. Though the interview itself was pretty great, Vincent Corazza is an excellent interviewee. I like that he actually went into detail about his answers.

Anyways I'm glad you asked my question if he auditioned. I was beginning to wonder if the production people for Kingdom Hearts actually had people audition for roles since the ones I've heard about (mainly the main characters and Disney folks) were approached because of some other role they did or they were reprising their roles. I also liked his answer for the tips for people who want to voice act. Too many times I hear the same responses, but Mr. Corazza gave it a new perspective I hadn't heard about.

Overall it was a pretty solid interview. "Lolz so kool gaiz omg <3 it!~" xD

4. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

I haven't heard the podcast yet, but I will in a wee bit.
    However, some things I have to address in the posts.

An interview is more than question after question, and to address which member asked it? That's just unecessary. It's a waste of time. It doesn't matter who asked the question as long as it gets answered, right? If the idea is that you want the "famous guy" to know your nickname, it doesn't matter. If it's to feel included... well, you already know that the questions have been submitted.
    Also, even if the staff were to ask only their own questions, that's completely okay. The members are priviledged to even have the option to ask questions. Silly questions may be a good thing, occasionally, but not always. I think the majority of people interested in asking questions to a voiceactor want actual answers and questions.

Less special or not, dosen't matter. Questions were asked and questions were answered. The podcast is by staff for the community. The fact that the community has the chance to ask questions. The podcast is not our voice at all. It's the voice of the staff given to us in the form of a podcast. The podcast overall is a favor by Sabby. It takes a lot of time and a fair amount of work to produce a podcast, especially if you have a "celebrity" on it. I've produced a few podcasts myself, and it takes a fair amount of planning alone.

But yeah. I know it's only your personal opinion, but I figured that I should get some things straight, from another, though perhaps a bit of a protective side.

Maybe my opinion will change after hearing it, but as it is right now, from another perspective, that's how I see it.

/endrant. (I still love you, bro <3)

5. Llave Superless Moderator

Listen to it first, then consider your stance. It's like judging a book by it's cover here.

That's not the point of the matter. The point is to know the questions were from the community. I'm not accusing Sabby, Claw, and Ienzo for just making up questions and disregarding ours as a whole, but mentioning who asked the question reaffirms the fact this is a joint effort. Sounds silly, but it makes it more interesting.

No it's not. If that was the case, they wouldn't have opened a thread for questions. It is a privilege, but I didn't hear most of the questions I saw in the thread on the podcast.

Well that may be partially true, but all I'm saying is variety and level of seriousness never hurt anyone.

In such instances as these, it is. Staff is our channel of asking these questions, but it still is the community behind it. Not the staff.

And the real truth comes out. Yes, Sabby started it. And I appreciate she did. I really am. I am voicing my opinion to her so that she can possibly improve it for us.

I don't see what you need to get straightened out. I listened to the podcast, you didn't.

​<3

6. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Thank you for letting me know your feed back. I do appreciate it. However, some questions were not asked because they were mostly KH related questions, I should have mentioned that we asked Vincent if he knew any info about Kingdom Hearts and he said he knew what his character was and that was pretty much it. (If you don't believe me then I can provide the audio clip where he says that) It was a different pace in a direction of interviewing this time than the Phil Synder interview. There were awkward silences because in all honest truth we were all nervous, we're not perfect nor are we professional journalists.

I'm sorry you were disappointed in this episode, though i still believe it is a good stepping stone for the podcast as a whole to being able to talk with voice actors.

7. Llave Superless Moderator

I believe you. No harm done madam and no harm intended to you guys either.

It wasn't a complete disappointment. I guess I made it sound like I didn't like it. I did like it, I just pointed out things I saw that I wasn't personally fond of. But now that you cleared things up, it makes more sense and I do apologize for making it sound so negative.

Of course! Each person and voice actor is different and each podcast interview is a good stepping stone for the podcast.

8. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I would like to emphasize that the vast majority of the questions which were asked on the podcast were from the community. I could write up a list, but that would require hearing my own voice xD.

Sabby and I drew up a list of all the questions prior to the podcast and set things up so that, if he knew things about the series, we would ask him more KH based questions, and if not we'd ask more KH-type ones.

The reason we didn't read out people's names? I'm not totally sure, though I think it would've been a bit cluttered had we done so.

9. ShibuyaGato Transformation

You know, contrary to popular belief, I like how informal this whole thing was (Have you heard them accents from Hallifax, eh? Go Maple Leafs!). He seemed to be having a lot of fun when he insulted Americans and such. Though you could've said who asked each question, I'm not holding it against you guys. This was a great podcast and it was almost like you guys were just having a casual conversation as friends~

10. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

The podcast wasn't bad. It was great hearing Vincent Corazza speak to fans and answer questions. I'm glad that you didn't keep asking him KH-related questions when he said he wasn't that familiar with the series, something that annoyed me in the podcast with Phil Snyder.

11. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

My god that man can talk.

BUt I really like him now, he has such a great work ethic and view on life that most people, let alone actors, get a grip of. Which was amazing to hear.

Though I would say my gripe was the lack of conversation between KHV and Vincent. I mean, he was basically taking a lecture, or a workshop on his life and voice acting. Which whilst interesting, I lost interest mid flow of his soliloquies. I was hoping for more banter or more conversation, like maybe interviews I've seen broadcasters do. But I accept that you guys aren't professionals at all, so no worries.

Really wish I could've been a part of the interview though, I wish I could've talked to him about things.

12. Krowley Moderator

Unsure of what to think of this podcast.
    While I enjoyed it, something seemed kind of off. At times it seemed like he was hosting and sort of switched at random moments. Sad he didn't know a lot about the series, but I can understand that. He really got into which is at least appreciated. (Cool that he reads Games of Thrones)

13. sakane-chan Merlin's Housekeeper

Ah~ poor Vincent, it almost felt like he was trying to cut the akwardness with his humor. <:'3
    He's a cool guy, I can't believe he has unopened copies of Re:CoM! O_O Dude....he could sign and sell those and at least keep one copy. xD

14. Hayabusa Venomous

Really cool to have the contributions of an actual voice-actor from the Kingdom Hearts series, but as I expected, he hasn't played the series, nor hold much knowledge of it. I totally understand though: its that way for a lot of voice-actors actually. But I was impressed and joyed from his impression of his own character. lol, a "sh!t stirrer" is a neat way to put Zexion.

I think my favorite part of the interview was his response to influences on his career, what with his acknowledgements of Casey Kasem and Frank Welker. Loved the Shaggy impersonation.