Digital Art KH-Vids Collaboration Projects

Discussion in 'Arts & Graphics' started by Misty, Jun 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Misty gimme kiss

So we were spamming discussing about this in another thread and I thought it'd be a nice community graphics project in between Signature of the Weeks. Basically, we can organize large (or small) Collab projects here. Hopefully we can user TeamView, as brought up by Jade, to make them that much more fun.

I know that there is already a collab thread, but it is pretty unorganized and old.

Also, I put this in the Graphic Clan section because it has not been used for like a year and maybe we can just turn this into a general Graphics Discussion/Community section?

So about TeamViewer: what it basically looks like is a Remote Desktop Connection software. For those who don't know what that is, it lets you see someone else's computer screen and use it as if it is your own computer, even if you're miles away from that person. http://www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx
    I think this would be a great feature to add for our collabs, but it relies on everyone downloading + installing it. (it's free though!) My only concern is for people with less than wonderful computers (cough cough me), but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. c:

So anyway, anyone up to just to a regular old collab with me?

2. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Me!!!!

I want too...yeah. I've been dying to for a while. Please?

What should we do? / Desperatemuch?

Anyways, I was thinking about making GFX clan to revive the place, you know to battle other websites. But I guess this is fun too.We can cross bridges once we get to them xD

3. Misty gimme kiss

I never really got what a clan was supposed to do. I mean I've heard things about clan battles and such but we never had two active clans going.

If you want to start you can. Or I can. I really don't care either way. c:

4. Chevalier Crystal Princess

How do we go about this? I've never been in a collab. And I thought you meant team viewer collab, I don't mind you going into my computer. Anyways, a normal collab it is? I've no idea how to go about things...xD

5. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Sounds cool, I'd like to join please.

From what I've seen, most collabs start with a tag that a person wants to improve on or feels like they can add a little something extra to it. That person is given the PSD of the tag and they add whatever to it. It's a great way to blend two styles together. Since this will probably be more organized, we might start out with a concept like typography. Somebody would start the project and pass it on to the next person when they feel like they have done their part and the next person would add onto it and it would keep going on and on depending how many people are going to participate until we're finished.

6. jojoj13 Hollow Bastion Committee

I would like to join, but I am most likely going to ruin the signature. I have never also been in a collab and in a clan before, so please be gentle bear with it.

7. Misty gimme kiss

Blah, don't be so negative! If you feel like you might be a bit weaker than the other person you're collabing with, you starting and going fairly far might be a good idea. Then the stronger designer can pick it up, tell you very specifically what's bad, what's good, and what you should add. Once they finish it off, you should take a look at the finished PSD to see just what techniques they used.

You know what, d'you guys just want to make this into a Clan? Doing collabs sounds like a clan-y thing to me... Maybe. :B

8. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

I'd love to do this, I think my learning experience from you guys would be on the double plus side so, count me in! :]

9. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

:O I'm all up for starting a clan. We just need a cool name for it now.

10. Misty gimme kiss

If you guys have any name ideas let me know. I'm awful at naming things, haha.

11. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

I just downloaded and installed the TeamViewer, and it's pretty easy looking to use. You just have to give your assigned number and password to your partner/group and they have access to your computer. You can even have passwords set so they don't get complete access to everything.
    It seems very fun, I can't wait to get this up.

I'll think of some names to use, but I'm not very good at naming things. xD

12. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I'm ready for any team viewer collabs that anyone wants to do. I don't mind who it is. I'm just glad that stuff's being done.

This is also a great way to teach stuff. I'm thrilled.

13. Misty gimme kiss

I've installed Teamview too, but I'd like to test it out a bit before I do a collab. Anyone want to with me?

14. Rissy Queen of the Clouds

I'm willing.

What's your number?

15. Misty gimme kiss

ID: 793 314 200
    Password edited out for the time being.

16. Chevalier Crystal Princess

For anyone else. I'm up for anything.

So while those two get stuff up, I'm free for anything. I was thinking of collab, but the whole GIMP/ PS serves better with team viewer.

17. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Downloading and installing Teamview now. I might be able to work with you Chev.

18. Misty gimme kiss

Okay so me & RL just played around with it. It works pretty well on my end, I know she mentioned some color issues for her, but hopefully we can solve that with some settings adjustments; I set mine to display everything in True Color and it looked great and the speed wasn't anything awful.

19. Chevalier Crystal Princess

Awesomeness. We can work anywhere. My graphic stuff is specifically organized for people to find stuff fast. But I don't mind doing what you feel most comfortable with.

20. Laplace TSUKI NO SHIHAI

Eh sure why not, I would do a collab if anyone is up to it and join the clan or something, there are however a few (lolfew) issues:

1) I won't be able to install TeamView, because my computer is very likely to crashes because it's 4-5 years old, I will get a computer by the end of this month or around next, but then is my internet speed:

[​IMG]

Yeah.

2) I am in a very BG slump as of now, so someone has to start, and I still might fail.

3) Have some patience, I don't do Photoshop everyday and I am getting more into playing Tales of Destiny DC. D:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.