Dream Drop Distance KH III and Re:Days

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Blader, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

According to the latest news at KH13, http://www.KH13.com, in a new interview with Nomura he talked about KH3D, which he seemed to be pleased with. He made a slight mention of KH 3, and said he wished he could have given 358 Days "analog control". In other words,

KH 3 is near, as soon as the FFVersusXIII team(some of which who have worked on Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy Dissidia) finish.

Also, a re-make of 358 Days could, and I say could because it isn't confirmed whether or not it would happen, be made. I'm thinking either Vita or PS3. Most likely the Vita. Don't get me wrong, Days was good on the DS, but let's face one good solid fact:

The graphics were kind of poor. Even Chain of Memrioes on the Game Boy Advance had proper 2D graphics. And most of the story was told in button pushing text, with a pixelated background. So, a overhaul to the Vita for possible HD graphics? Hey, if I'm waiting for KH3, and get to see Days on it's rightful SONY console, I'm fine with that. I always wished Days could have been on the PSP.....

And if Days is remade, expect a good uproar from Xion fans and Akuroku fans. Akuroku will want to kill Xion. Again.

Any questions?

2. Mama-mia Merlin's Housekeeper

I can't see a Days remake. Chain of Memories got remade because it was in 2D and tied directly to a console title, leaving many confused. Coded got remade because it's part of the KH canon and yet it was only on cell phones, and largely 2D in a 3D environment. How are you going to remake Days's graphics? It's already in 3D. The only thing you can do to it is make it higher quality, like a port to 3DS. But that would be more of a Final Mix, which I can definitely see since every KH title has had an enhanced re-release except that one.

3. Blader Traverse Town Homebody

It did say that A, Nomura was sad about the game, and B, to quote him, he wanted "analog control" for Days. And you're not seeing a re-make. Okay. Fine by me. Either way FM or not, Days needs a bit of a overhaul.

4. ygorvaz Destiny Islands Resident

Hello eberybody from kh-vids.net, I came back from kh13 to see what's happening around here =D
    So, dunno about khIII, but a remake of 358/2 days? SIGN ME ON IT! But I really don't think that it would go to Vita. Why? Easy, Nomura hinted in somewhere that "it's about time to KH go back to console". So 358/2 days would go to a console? Maybe yes, but it would mean the end of the multiplayer mode, not like anybody used it, but it's still a function of the game. So what is more likely? 3DS. Yes, 3DS. Think about it. 358/2 days is in a DS, remake it to a 3DS woul be very easy, and it would have all the functions. Also, KH3DS is for 3DS, so it would be nice to the fans who have bought the 3ds than just launch it in another new console and make us start hating Square Enix.

5. Mixt The dude that does the thing

I had felt like the "back to console" line was more so that Nomura was expressing that he too wants to get to KH3. I mean I'm not sure what went down to get the Kingdom Hearts team on FF vs 13, but ever since then Nomura's hands have been pretty much tied. Osaka and HAND have both done well in the mean time to tide over and simultaneously piss off a lot of fans, but all these plot threads need to come together again to KH3. Well I guess 3D is already connecting them for the most part, but you get the idea.

6. libregkd -

7. Shikou Kingdom Keeper

I dont remember reading Nomura saying the GBA original made him sad. I do remember reading it is one of the high quality and one of the best GBA games of all time. The graphics on 358/2 Days weren't that bad. At least it's better looking then the cardboard looking keyblades in re:Coded (I shouldn't have went there).
    If they were to remake 358/2 Days they might as well re do Coded a second time together in 1 single card/cart/whatever on the Vita (Oh please Nomura PLEASE release BBS and BBS FM on the PSN so I can let go of my PSP but ether way Im still keeping it when I get the Vita Lol)

8. libregkd -

9. Ventus PSP Aqua Gummi Ship Junkie

The graphics of days weren't that poor and besides it was their first time on doing a kh game on the DS which I think they did a nice job on. If they were to make a remake of it, the 3Ds seems better than the vita.

10. Mysty Unknown

I cannot for the life of me see a remake of Days. It doesn't really need one. And the graphics weren't that poor. they were the best for the system. You cant say the graphics are bad compared to a PS3 because compared to PC, PS3 graphics are bad. I also would not be able to see it on the Vita of all systems. Why would Square put a game on hardware that is being outsold by the PSP still. If you want Re:Days, put it on PS3 or PSP. "and get to see Days on it's rightful SONY console," That is objectionable. At the time of Chain of Memories, Square wanted a hand held. Nintendo was the only at the time who had one to offer. Its rude to just abandon the company. I support that they force Nintendo and Sony players to get along.

Overall. I am looking forward to KH III on the PS3/PS4 and am not in belief of a Red:Days.

11. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

I would love to see a re:days. I loved days!!!

12. ygorvaz Destiny Islands Resident

Oh, my bad =D I was writing in a way, but I end up changing it but forgot to erase that line hahahah.

13. FF Cloud 7 Destiny Islands Resident

I'd like a re: Days game, with graphics update, fix glitches, more cutscenes :D (cutscenes they showed in theater mode not the cutscenes with in game models), and more features or something. But to be honest If such a thing does happen as re: Days it would probably be on some kind of (portable) console with two screen.
    I gotta agree with Mixt here. Also I think with the xehanort saga KH3 will be the one to go "back to console" others will be handheld (putting into consideration if we get more games in the xehanort saga other than KH3).