KH: High Times At Twilight High

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by *TwilightNight*, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OOC: Lol, it is never short xP. And by the way, Axel does not love Larxene. Yet. Though they are strong, in the way that you really like someone, and reasonably attached. If Nymph will ever come back (I'm doubting it), cause if not, I might take Larxene away from her, though I will need someone who had kept up with the story, which is the problem. And the actual feel will be lost too :/.

By the way, you still owe me that Organization card of Axel :D.

Heh heh heh :P. J/k. But I haven't fogotten. I really want PhotoShop.

Axel didn't halt to see her movements, her reaction, or what her eyes or face said. He simply stared back at the horizon again, being the automatic ignore function he was now using. He really did feel bad, along with the other things in his mind not making this any simpler, but she needed to know. Or be aware, of what she was getting into, at least. He didn't know how many things will change, now that a lot of subjects, even ones he didn't expect, were out in the open. And he felt fully jaded. The whole day seemed like a unreal dream now, and the rest was not going to be enjoyable as it would've been before all the revelations came at him with one big blow. It was tiring. In fact, he now honestly wanted to leave, not in the mood anymore, yet at the same time, still not wanting to go back to the school. Whatever was awaiting him there, he didn't really want to deal with that, adding more to his problems. This was the overshadowing of a very bad time, he could tell. The only thing that broke through his dejected thoughts was Rei replying to him, shaking his head slightly at Denise's failed attempt. That wasn't even what he was listening to, as he had slowly heard Rei's voice weakening, and when she finally lost it, his chest ached and his stomach swirled uncomfortably, remorse filling him at having to hurt her. He knew he did, somehow. But, he just couldn't avoid the truth any longer, for both their sakes.

Another sigh. His wet eyes lowered in regret, downcast at what his words triggered. Swallowing tightly, he turned his head to look at her, and he didn't hesitate as he began to walk to her figure. Stepping in front of her as he took one hand from his pocket, he lightly touched her cheek tenderly, caressing it with his thumb, before pulling back a strand of hair away from her face softly. Gazing at her intently, he trailed his hand around to the back of her neck like a feather, holding it, before he gently pushed it forward, using that as a basis to pull himself as well, and she met him in a hold, letting his chin rest on top of her head, his face digging into her hair. Letting free his other hand, he wrapped his arm around her waist, pressing her tighter and closer against him, now in a full embrace. Axel didn't know why he couldn't like her as he should, with them being so alike, but his feelings were stronger for Larxene compared to Rei's, even more now, and he knew which one to pursue. And who he truly wanted. Perhaps if it was a time when he wasn't already involved with the blonde...

He breathed silently, as he closed his shaking eyes. "I'm sorry..."

2. chula-claire Destiny Islands Resident

OOC: Aww, alright :o And holy crap, I totally forgot!!! xD Haha, now I'm gonna want to make it! And I should... not doing anyhting until 6 today, lol.

Rei's strained smile had dwindled as soon as it had come, even as Axel had come closer to her. The warm, comfortable feel of his touch sent the all too familiar chill through her body and mind, the attraction that had been there from the very start. It coursed through her as he pulled her in, his arms wrapped about her in a tight hold. Rei felt her shoulders rise in a subtle shudder as her breath quickened, her eyes now heavier than they had been before. Maybe it was because he couldn't see her face anymore, or perhaps it was because his hold on her made her feel secure, but apparently her subconscious had told her that it was alright to let the tears slip from her eyes. She brought her own arms up under his, holding his back and burying her face into his chest. The few tears felt hot against her face, and she sniffled once or twice.

It took Rei just more than a few moments to get a hold of herself, stopping the tears from spilling past her cheeks. It was something she was going to have to face, letting go of her need to impress him, her desire to be noticed by him by means other than friendship, and the picture she had always imagined.

She had slowed her breathing to a steady, calm rate, her eyes open and becoming dry. They had been standing there for some time, and Rei slowly began to pull her head away. She looked up at Axel, his red, spiky hair blowing like little needles in the wind. She blinked once, seeing the true contriteness in his expression. And despite the hurt she felt, Rei smiled.

3. OOC: It took me this long to get this done xD.

Axel winced inwardly when he felt her shoulders shake, a sob coming from her, and he held his breath, feeling his bare chest getting damp with tears, some dripping down on his torso, sliding on his skin, and all he could do was hold her. Was it possible that he felt even worse? Yes, it was. And it really did make his heart ache that he was to blame for those tears, and maybe he just should've kept it to himself. But now...what would have happened, if he still hid it? She'll probably fall more for him in time, and it would be more than just hurtful. It would truly, really, break her. Opening his eyes a little after a while, rubbing her back in consolance, and trying to comfort her as best he could, he sighed. He felt empty now, and he thought over what was next, because this had to be the worst Saturday he had ever been in. And this was the weekend. Not only did he feel like the baddest scum of the earth, with many reasons why that is, he hated that he's been causing this problem.

Feeling her pull away, after he had noticed she had calmed down at least a little, he stared at her when she gazed at him, aware of the very irises tainted with pain, wet, but there was a type of shine there that he couldn't decipher. Axel blinked startled, when she suddenly smiled, weak, and sad, yet she smiled, and he tilted his head in wonder. Running a hand through her hair, he eyed her questionably, attempting to lighten up her mood...no, both their dismal moods, by saying, with a weak smile of his own, "What's that on your lips? You're suppose to be heartbroken over me. That stings..." He frowned at her playfully, kind of pouting.

There had to be some sort of humor in all this, as the tension and constant gloomy atmosphere wasn't helping him feel any better. While all he was doing was half-heartedly, and he was really forcing himself, he needed to be free for just a minute, at least.

4. chula-claire Destiny Islands Resident

OOC: All I feel like saying right now is "Alas! A cornucopia of love!" xD

Rei's smile widened at Axel attempt to lift her spirits, which most likely was to brighten his mood as well. Seeing the effort in his expression even caused a chuckle from her. She sighed calmly, reaching up from behind his back where her hands were and lightly tugging a strand of his spiky locks. "Sorry to disappoint, Red."

Rei felt slightly drained from the entire ordeal, but somehow, it felt good to get the situation out in the open. But... Axel had witnessed her actually crying. It wasn't something she made public, even in front of her family. She had always been a little defensive when it came to that, usually only really breaking down in the privacy of her room. "I... don't do that a lot... outwardly expressing deep emotions..." Rei glanced out to the sea, the sunset still glowing in the evening sky. "I guess I always thought of it as a sign of weakness or something along those lines. And whenever my friends are upset, I'm the one to comfort them." She looked back at Axel and smiled once again. "Not really good when the one cheering the other up is a wreck, huh?"

5. OOC: >.>

<.<

What does that mean?

Looking at the female in front of him, he tapped her forehead tenderly in affection, replying back in a mumble and a attempt to smile, breathing in deeply as his tone sounded very weak. "It's okay to show your feelings once in a while, is not like anyone who cares will think less of you. I just cheered you up as best as possible and I'm an even bigger wreck. For many reasons..." That was exactly how he was feeling, within himself in the darkest of depths, and he really was aware that he was sick. However, he'll take what distraction Rei can bring, by God, how he needed a distraction to forget everything, to pretend that it was all a bad dream, and to wake up with Larxene in his arms after he had knocked out after the dance or something before the bad events even began. His mind just like that, now with what happened with Denise, went with the idea of getting drunk...aware that was how he usually made things go away, especially at the bad time his life was in, and what dangerous road he had almost paved for himself. Alcohol and pleasure...that was his remedy, he could quickly lose himself, in all of it. But he quickly dismissed it, surprised at the thought. Actually, the desire to have some kind of alcohol right now was strong now that the imprint was with him, yet he needed to just slip off from the urge. Had he really remained the same? Just, how far had he come from there to here? Was there a difference?

He hated himself for that. He wondered, what Rei would think, if she also knew that he still did half of those things, while some lowered and gone. There was no sure way of keeping their relationship settled. Closing his eyes and scratching his head hard, his eyes stinging, he bit his lip, trying to hold in the emotion that was reappearing all of a sudden. There must be something wrong with him if he was now becoming bipolar. Feeling her in front of him, he exhaustingly went close to her again, and bent his head to her shoulder, literally resting it there, just...disgusted by the day already. It was thankful that he had someone with him, despite the hurt he had guiltily given her, and he thought if he was that special. For her, and Larxene, to see something with him. He had upset both of them by now, and he wasn't certain whether he could continue by...just, letting this go on. Taking his time to prolong, while not lifting it up, he whispered solemnly, "Can we go back now...?"

6. chula-claire Destiny Islands Resident

OOC: It's a Harry Potter Puppet Pals quote, and it popped into my head for some bizarre reason xD

Rei detected the weakness of Axel's voice, trembling as he discussed his own emotions. She was especially surprised when he rested his head on her shoulder, holding it there closely. His breath felt hot against her exposed skin. She had tensed slightly at the action, but Rei relaxed herself and took a weary hand up, holding his head gently. Her hand went into his hair, past it, and to his scalp.

It was then that Rei realized exactly how this was all affecting Axel. He was in far worse mental condition than she could ever be, even needing her to comfort him. She supposed what she had stated earlier was true after all...

Nodding slowly, Rei inhaled slowly, only to let out the air in one fell swoop. "Yeah... let's go." She brought her other hand upward, taking hold of Axel's face. She bent her neck back a little to face him without moving his face much, facing him. "Hey... I stand by what I said earlier. We'll only talk about what happened before if you want to. And I don't want our friendship to fall apart because of it." Smiling, Rei gave Axel another tight hug.

Ugh... this is super bland, sorry about that. I'm tired and blocked... :D

7. OOC: Don't worry, I'm kind of out of it too. You can see in my lack of posting lately.

I like your avatar ;P.

Axel sighed, finding some solace with someone here for him, at least, something he desperately wanted. He was going to try and lay off the alcohol, for now, anyway. He was still allowed to drink, as does everyone, yet, depending on it to relief and forget your feelings and your problems was what really becomes unhealthy. He didn't have much trouble after his stint with his depression was over, but he still went out and drank when things got a bit rough, with either school or something else. Just for fun at times. What he didn't want to become, was a mess. His past was full of it. And you are suppose to progress, usually. His thoughts got disrupted, though, when he felt Rei run her hand through his hair, and while it kind of startled him, he accepted it, somehow liking it. Then again, that was always one of his preferences, when girls ran their hands through his hair...

He closed his eyes in return for quite the while, just calmly hearing her respond, as he found peace for the small seconds. It wasn't much longer until he felt her hand touch his cheek, making him reopen his eyes, and she only parted ways a little, not really that far from his makeshift pillow that was her shoulder. He smiled a bit, and then nodded, fully pulling away, and composing himself. He still wasn't feeling in the mood, but that short hold eased him a little. Staring at her, he stated low, "We still owe ourselves pretzels and ice cream..." Axel wasn't looking forward to going back to the boardwalk, more so if people recognized him as the guy who was to beat upon a girl, yet, might as well not let the whole day get completely lost on a whim. The best he could do is finish properly what would've been a nice time if it wasn't for Denise's presence.

8. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Angel stayed in her room, afraid to go out and find Zexion somehow there. Or Tifa. Tifa would be slightly worse....but just slightly. How would she ever show her face again? She had embarassed herself in front of a potential crush AND humiliated herself in front of a friend. Mom was right....I'm so dumb now...i'll never make it into college...

9. chula-claire Destiny Islands Resident

OOC: I'll respond for Rei later, I've got to go soon :D And the avvy? Glad ya noticed :P hehe

Zexion strolled down the hallway, headed back outside. He grasped his lexicon in his right hand, and unless you knew what it was, it would have appeared to be your average dictionary. Grasping it in a slightly protective manner, he felt its weight drag him down with each step. It was heavy, after all.

Reaching the tree he had occupied earlier, he sat in the comfortable shade. Accepting the atmosphere, he slowly opened the old book. It's pages were filled with ancient lettering, symbols that he could, for some reason, read fluently. But a certain thought plagued his mind as he read. That girl... Angel. For some perplexing reason... she was still on his troubled mind.

Aaron sat in the cafeteria, alone, as always. This seemed to be the only place he hung out anymore. He hadn't seen Axel, Demyx, Zexion, Roxas... or even Rei for that matter, in days. He sighed, taking another bite of his second burger, contemplating on their whereabouts.

OOC: eh, until I have ideas for Aaron, or at least until Rei and Axel come back, he has nothing to do ^^; Oh boy, him and Zexy are friends... that could get complicated. Heehee, a Zexy-Aaron-Angel love triangle... xD

10. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

Yeah....considering that Angel doesn't really like him much anymore....*screams* :D I've got Zexion! :D:D! Ahem.....uh....nothing happened....>_>..there was no insane fangirlness....

BIC- Angel decided that she was tired of being trapped in her room. Plagued with worries and boredom. She slowly opened her door and peeked out. Seeing as there was no one there, she opened the door fully and closed it behind her. She had now put her hair in a ponytail and it was most likely going to stay that way for a long time.

11. chula-claire Destiny Islands Resident

OOC: Oh! I totally forgot about Olette! ^^; and blech, I'm sorry about the minimum posting. I'll be gone the next few days, and I'll be back Wednesday or Thursday. Cedar Point and then an end-of-summer bash with my best friends .n_n.

Olette flipped through the pages in "A Midsummer's Night Dream," avoiding her homework assignment. Sighing, she glanced over at the large, three hundred paged book titled "Miracle at Philadelphia," wherever that was. All she knew was that it was lengthy and drone. Groaning half-heartedly, Olette picked up the heavy book and opened it up to the first page. She might as well get it over with. She signed up for government, she might as well act like she was enjoying the class she had chosen.

Rei nodded, surprised at her own cheery disposition despite the current situation. "Mmhmm, that's right. I had dibs on pretzels, right?" She put a helpful hand on Axel back, leading him forward. She knew that he was rather reluctant to return to an overbearing crowd, as was she, but they weren't going to get anywhere just standing around. She took a step forward, waiting for Axel to follow suit.

12. OOC: Okay, myabe Rei can ask him why he likes Larxene so much, or something, because I have no idea what to say, so sorry if it seemed half-arsed ^^;.

"Yeah, I pay for the ice cream...Sea Salt ice cream," Axel emphasized, giving a slight halfhearted smile as he moved forward at the mention of his favorite treat, beginning to walk alongside Rei. He still could not believe what a day it has been, and somehow, he pondered over on why it all had to happen now. What made this Saturday, a time where he just planned to have some fun with a very close friend and relax the tension from the night before with Larxene? No matter how many times he asked this question, it just didn't seem to produce any understanding. And the worse was yet to come. It just added more problems and weight to his already short-circuited brain from all that's been happening for what he felt was at the same time in close hours. He didn't say anything as they continued their way back either, not finding the atmosphere cheery enough yet, or maybe the event just put a damper on the whole thing. Yet, as he also said to himself, he was going to make the best of what's left, and he might as well do so, despite that he did not want to be seen, exactly.

It was rather quiet for Tifa. Too quiet. Everyone had left, and while she was still confused over Angel's behavior, the girl had at least managed to brighten up some of her mood. Yet, she was still upset, still hurt, still bitter, and still not believing that Cloud would go ahead, and help Yuffie, when the girl refused help in the first place. Aerith tried, and while it could be done better, the least the girl could've done was just stay calm, and listen, not throw insults at her as well, when she was attempting to help. She chuckled darkly. She bet Yuffie didn't shout at all to Cloud when he was attempting to talk to her, and his new posse, Mr. Leon. Well, they weren't going to haunt her anymore. They can all do what they wanted for all she cared, it wasn't going to bring her down any longer. She hated the pain, and she hated being affected this way. With that act from them, she really began questioning the actual genuine feelings they all had, and the more she thought about it, the more angry she was, a fire burning, made her more determined.

As she eyed the liquid below her, her eyes shifted to the bathing suit in hand, and with a set goal in mind, she turned to look up at Aerith, eyes quivering, though her voice was soft when she spoke to her, the only one here for her, "Aerith?" She didn't wait for the girl to acknowledge her, as she raised her bikini for further emphasis. "Do you think you can help me put this on? I couldn't before because of the strings..."

Aerith remained quiet and calm throughout the spectacle, now her and Tifa alone once more, and she sighed. What a day, Cloud comes back, everything seemed perfectly fine despite the tension between the three, with her and her black haired friend's love for the blond, and now this. Her female companion hadn't said anything as well, just choosing to stare down at the rippling water of the pool, so it was a surprise for her when she spoke. Truthfully, she hesitated, considering they were going to do so without the rest, because of the current problem, but if it would help Tifa feel much more better, than she was all up for keeping her company. Besides, they could use a bit of refreshing to clear off a bit of the frustration from all of this. She nodded at her question, and took the yet to be worn bikini from her, taking back her arm from her shoulder as well. In a graceful flourish, she stood in her feet, sending down Tifa a small, amused, smile. "Well, let's go then. I can't help if you keep sitting there moping!"

13. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

Angel made her way to the cafeteria. I'll probably get another Dr. Pepper....since this seems to be my new hangout.... She went to a vending machine and put in 75 cents in for the soda. This time, nothing happened and the soda came out smoothly. Heh heh heh....tricked the curse of the soda machine...

14. chula-claire Destiny Islands Resident

OOC: I'm back! :D And I'm still kind of blocked... :sweatdrop:

Rei smiled at the sound of the Sea-Salt ice cream, humming the familiar "yum" reply. "I can't wait." She kept walking for a while, but it took her a moment to realize that she was still holding her hand against his back. Pulling it away, still a tad bit awkward, she placed her arm against her side. Strolling uphill on the wooden surface for a little while, she glanced back at Axel. "Hey... I don't know if it's too soon to talk about it... but what is it about Larxene that you like so much?" Rethinking her inquiry, Rei chuckled half-heartedly. "Well... it has to be something really special. You care about her a lot..."

Aaron looked up from the dull tin foil surrounding his burger to see Angel walk past. He watched with a hint of amazement as she conquered the stubborn pop machine, retrieving her beverage easily. He blinked a few times before he set the snack down, gazing at her for a bit.

Olette flipped the final page of the book, closing it after countless hours of enduring its sheer bland nothingness. She sighed, glancing at the long page of notes she had recorded pertaining to the essay she was required to write. Government was difficult... but perhaps she could grow accustomed to the heavier homework. But man, was it going to be nerve racking. She was lucky that she was a rather studious person, or else she would be sunk.

Zexion felt the pleasant breeze against his skin as he sat beneath the tree reading. It was becoming overcast, and he hoped that the weather wouldn't act up once more.

15. Axel, to say the least had his "WTF face" as he glanced over at Rei in shock, not expecting her to ask his reasons for liking Larxene, after all that they just talked about. In fact, he wasn't certain to even answer the inquiry, as he really didn't want to put more salt on the wounds, and his eyebrows furrowed as he thought it over deeply. A smile had grown across his face despite himself as he fluttered through the list of why Larxene...had so much charm to him, yet, it also made him sad at the contemplation, remembering vividly, again, how last night ended. A sick, nauseauting swell hurtled in his stomach, and he felt his throat close up, wondering how that was going to conclude. Somehow, even quite anxious to know, he didn't want to face it. Axel didn't want to lose her so quickly...he really didn't. They just needed to talk, is all...

Is all.

He let out a hard breath, his eyes settled on the the water beside him on the bottom, still very uncertain as he reminded himself of what Rei wanted to know. Biting his lips, not really wanting to, and feeling somehow guilty, he asked in turn in a mumble, "Are...are you sure?"

He then eyed her skeptically, kind of worried at her reaction if he did go through with explaining. Could she be up to that?

16. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

Angel then took the soda back to her room. The cafeteria was kind of empty at the moment and she felt awkward. It was more comfortable to hang with friends than by yourself. She decided to try and replay an old favorite game that she gave up on long ago. You're going down, Fire Emblem Sacred Stones....

17. chula-claire Destiny Islands Resident

Aaron's eyes followed Angel as she started to leave. Leaning forward a bit in his seat, he simply uttered a stutter that was barely audible to himself. "U-uh............"

As soon as she was gone, Aaron hit the table surface with his fist. "Shoot..." He snatched up his burger, but simply looked at it before his face. He had suddenly lost his appetite. Standing jerkily, Aaron grabbed a few quarters from his jeans pocket, sprinting to the pop machine. He popped them in one by one and made his selection, Sunkist, and waited patiently. But alas, the hunk of junk whirred and jumbled, but failed to retrieve the bubbly, orange soda.

How did she do that?!

"Well... eh..." Rei turned her head down as she muttered a rather pitiful response, trying to collect her thoughts. Part of her reasoning was curiosity, but mostly she wanted to discover the components of the blonde's personality that attracted Axel to her. The question had been fueled mainly by jealousy, no matter how much Rei denied it, and that wasn't fair. And Axel's concern for her mental capacity for his answer made her feel rather guilty.

More like dirt, actually.

Making eye contact, Rei shook her head regrettably. "I suppose it wasn't very fair of me to ask... considering the circumstance." It was probably the sketchiest reply she could have given.

18. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

Afterwards, Angel herself wondered why the curse of the soda machine didn't happen that time. Normally that thing would eat all of her change, get stuck and then malfunction....only to start working again when she gave up and walked away. How did she know this? Somebody told her after she left......and had already drank her soda. Maybe it got tired of being mean to me....oh well...time to play some Fire Emblem! She put the game into the slot and made a new file.

19. OOC: Guys...I got news for you -

http://www.kh-vids.net/showthread.php?t=59322

It has been sent a message to all of the RP creators that threads over 4,000 replies long must be closed, and another version be made.

Either way, I'll make a second. New posts will be replied to there, and we'll continue off with the last three or so. In the end, this will be closed soon. Hopefully, not erased, as we got memories here xP.

20. O R A N G E C is the heavenly option

between an erupting earth and an exploding sky
    - LOCKED for reasons stated above -

Continued here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.