Kh endings

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by benjizz, Apr 8, 2013.

1. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

Regarding my previous thread about kh openings i would now like to know your favorite KH endings and which one had the greatest impact on you.It could have to do with the credits aswell. Mine was the ending of 358/2 day.
    Quite ironically this is the one of the only Kh games i havent played. And just the way it ended for Roxas was so tragic it got me depressed for a few hours.

2. Airi Ban King's Apprentice

KH1 is up there but BBS would be my favorite ending. It ended so sad for not just one, but for all three of the main characters.

3. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

KH2/KH1 There really hasn't been an ending like them since.

4. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

I love the Days ending. The way it goes right into Kingdom Hearts II is just the icing on the cake. The fact that seeing him lose his memory like that also made me shed a tear. I didn't cry. I only shed a tear like a man.....what?

5. benjizz Destiny Islands Resident

Real men shed tears

6. Roxas-Ventus Destiny Islands Resident

I think the ending to kh1 was the best
    I also liked how in kh2 credits it shows what happens after they go back to the island

7. 61 No. B

The ending of Days is fantastic, which kinda sucks because the rest of the game is borderline mediocre, the ending is so good it almost seems out of place.

Definitely KH1. No KH game has left me with feelings quite as strong as this one did. From finding the King and meeting Riku and seeing that he and Sora are cool now, to being separated Kairi, everything about the ending left me with a whirlwind of emotions. It does a great job or resolving all of the conflicts, while at the same time setting up for further adventures. It also does an outstanding job of being a sad, yet uplifting ending. It's quite the experience.

KH2 is a very close second. As sad as I was at the end of KH1, this one may have been ever more so. The thing about this one is seeing how everyone is so happy meeting up again, Riku and Mickey, Sora and Donald and Goofy, Sora and Kairi, and Roxas and Namine, everything about it is just fantastic. The music throughout the whole scene is great, but the music during the instant where Sora and Kairi look at each other just kills me. It's such a happy ending, yet it still somehow makes me kinda sad, but a happy sad, I don't know, I can't explain it.

No endings since have quite matched what those pulled off, and are not nearly as good.

8. SoulboundAlchemist Gummi Ship Junkie

for me, BBS was the best, especially the Final Mix version secret ending, because it actually explained some of the events of the games that are further along the timeline.

9. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

KH has the best ending, and KH2 is a VERY close second. they both wrap up the plot of the game very well, and show such emotion to each character. but KH1 and the fact Sora sees Kairi on the island and him and Riku close the door with Mickeys help. unquestionably the best ending. But 2 is a very close second due to its secret ending. and its showing the prelude to DDD

10. Cutsceneaddict Traverse Town Homebody

The original Kingdom Hearts ending is hard to beat. It's a bit sad, but filled with hope at the same time. You know that it's only the beginning of the adventure. The feelings that summed up that ending are truly powerful though--something that few video games manage to achive: joy, loss, promise, hope, sorrow, nostalgia, redemption, forgiveness, sacrifice, even humor... it's all there, in a wonderful, beautiful combo that somehow works wonders.

Kingdom Hearts 2... Seeing the character finally come together gave me such a feeling of overflowing joy. Sora's simple, "We're back," is enough to bring a tear to your eye. Seriously.

Birth By Sleep's secret ending was fantastic. The exchange between Terra and Xehanort has become one of my favorite scenes in the series. But wrapping the ending up with all of the characters looking towards the same hope and seeking the same dreams--all within Sora--really brought a hopeful promise of things to come.

All the games have incredible endings--though I haven't seen all of Coded yet, so I can't speak for it.

Kingdom Hearts knows how to end a game and end it well :) I can't wait to see what they do with KH3!

11. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

Definitely Kingdom Hearts II. I just love it when the Keyblade Trio finally reunited after a year. And the part when Sora and Kairi are replaced with Roxas and Namine respectively... I teared up...

12. Sara Tea Drinker

My favorite in cutscenes is KH1. The sheer emotion and sadness that happens when Sora says goodbye and they lock the door after traveling so long to be separated from their goal at the end was a heartbreaking scene.

The one for battle/wrap-ups is Days. Roxas going through that hell is sad and heartwrenching. The emotions he shows convinced me that at least some Nobodies still had emotions and deeply cared despite their denials.

13. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

If we are strictly counting endings, KHI wins. It's just too classic. It's extensive without dragging on, a handful of major characters have a role in it, and it just feels the most complete. Also the music. The music.

If we're counting endgame... KHI still wins, but 3D and Days are close seconds, the former for and the latter for MAXIMUM OVERTRAGEDY. I got choked up. That's as close as I get to crying [/stuntedemotions].