[KH BBS FM] (PSP) Inquiry into the creation of cheats

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by bitCoder64, Feb 26, 2019.

1. bitCoder64 Moogle Assistant

Hello to anyone who sees this. I know that interest in hacking or making cheats for this game (especially on this platform) has significantly faded into obscurity, but I’d like to ask anyone who knows anything for a little help in my efforts to learn the basics of cheating this game and messing with different aspects of it. I see countless pages floating around filled with cheats and even some detailing the basics of rom hacking through the use of the bbs modding station, but I’ve been struggling to actually find pages detailing the process in which codes are created. I primarily play my games that I use codes and hacks, ram editing, and patches and such for through emulators, so PPSSPP is my program of choice for reference.

tl;dr: I’d like to ask if anyone could enlighten me as to how codes are created and made robust and shareable. Everything from the simple stat codes to the more complex codes such as play as codes or that vanitas d link (outside the battle it’s intended for) I see from time to time. My apologies if this has been asked before. I haven’t been able to find much in terms of the actual process of hacking the games, and wanted to start with an old favorite.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019