KH:BBS Emulation

Discussion in 'Code Vault' started by person989898, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. person989898 Merlin's Housekeeper

Hey guys, i wasn't really sure where to post this so i just decided to see if you could help me out.

I was recently robbed and my psp was stolen with my BBS UMD inside of it; I was just wondering if there was a way to emulate BBS (or BBS:FM) on a pc.

Any help would be appreciated,
    Cheers :)

2. Llave Superless Moderator

Unfortunately, to my knowledge, current PSP emulators do not run Birth By Sleep at a relatively high FPS, Even if you have a powerful computer.

My sincerest apologies for your PSP being stolen nonetheless.

3. person989898 Merlin's Housekeeper

Arghh; that's alright -
    Thank you for the swift reply anyway :)

Just wish i had got to complete BBS with all three of the characters..

Sidenote: Btw, Nice sig. I recently finished watching the legend of korra and absolutely loved it!

4. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

actually that's not true their a a javascript emulator that can run bbs one sec while I upload the folder of my copy and post the link.^ ^

5. person989898 Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks Angel!

6. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

No problem, here. http://www.mediafire.com/?zs32iqdq5um16lm its for 64 bit but I don't think it really matter what operating system you have you should still be able to use it.^ ^

and if it doesn't work then I can send you a direct download link
    to it.

7. person989898 Merlin's Housekeeper

Thanks heaps man - is there any other kind of plugins that i have to get or some sort of configuration that needs to be done?

8. Llave Superless Moderator

If it is 64 bit, it shall work on a 64 bit OS. 32 bit and 64 bit are by definition completely different.

Apart from that, the Java PSP Emulator does not run at full FPS. I know this for a fact, it is a buggy emulator that isn't even close to being stable. That could be said just by the fact that it is Java. Not even a powerful machine will give you the results that you want. Its not just the machine, it is the coding that makes up the emulator.

Your best bet is installing custom firmware onto a PSP and just loading ISO's. However I do not endorse piracy.

No worries, if you have any other questions or whatnot, I may be able help in any way I can.

Residenote: Why thank ye~ ;D
    It is quite an awesome show I must confess.

9. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

Like I said if it doesn't work for him I will find a direct like for him.

@Person: I dunno but I can look into in for you if you'd like?

10. Llave Superless Moderator

No matter what link you give him, if it's the Javascript PSP Emulator, chances are it's not going to work.

11. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

actually I've watched videos of bbs on youtube running on the js emulator so I know it'll work.=/

12. person989898 Merlin's Housekeeper

Would be great if you can look into it; im kindof caught between a few things atm :S

13. Llave Superless Moderator

Whilst recording on an emulator, the output of the video is automatically set to 60 FPS, regardless. So while one may perceive that the game is running at full speed, it is in all actuality, not the case. Most people do not have computers that can handle running this. There are however, PS2 emulators that are far more compatible and easier to run than this. I am merely stating that this form of emulator IS NOT very stable and thus, WILL NOT work anywhere close to perfect for your "Average Joe." Some of these emulators are designed for, more or less, the people who don't do this as a casual hobby. It's directed at the people who have been doing this for quite sometime with hard dedication.

If I may ask, has this emulator worked perfectly for you? If not, then I would personally say not giving out advice if you cannot reaffirm it with actual experience of your own. Things aren't always as they seem and this especially applies to youtube as well.

14. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

that may be true but alot of people who don't have a psp use the js emulator to run bbs or any kind of UMD or ISO that you can't normally run on any other emulator.=/

15. Janime6 the truest queen of them all

Just wanted to say that it's NOT JavaScript. It's Java.

Also, I have a pretty decent gaming PC, and I couldn't play BBS with very high frames at all.​

16. person989898 Merlin's Housekeeper

What spec constitutes decent for you...?

17. NarutoSuperKubii Chaser

Thing is the JPCSP Emulator is nothing like the PCSX2 Emulator I run at least 20fps on PCSX2 on JPCSP i get about .5 - 1 FPS on Birth By Sleep you can't expect one emulator to work as good as the next.

On a side note the request has been answered and what-not so Im'a lock this thread
    Person if you can VM Janime6 about his specs and what-not I guess and to find the latest updates for JPCSP look on their website here: http://jpcsp.org/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.