Dream Drop Distance KH 3D delayed

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by Shinichi Izumi, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Shinichi Izumi Totally Pink and stuff

Might the earthquake/tsunami in japan delay KH 3D?

2. Mr. Pumpkin Hollow Bastion Committee

Delayed*. And I doubt it. If they had, they would've announced it by now.

3. Kubo Kingdom Keeper

Well they might, but as far as I know if there was any problem it wouldn't affect just kh 3d, but other games as well, and that would have been announced.

4. Korra my other car is a polar bear dog

I think they were pretty far production-wise, could be wrong, but yeah they most likely would have announced some kind of delay.

But honestly, I would be completely fine with a delay, I would much rather see the country, economy, and so on recover first before I worry about when a video game would be released. There's still aftershocks going on after all. :/

5. Saxima [screams geometrically]

That's what I thought too - that the release of Kingdom Hearts 3D would be delayed because of the earthquake/tsunami in Japan. But I'm fairly sure that if it were moved back, they would have announced it or something by now, and I haven't seen anything, so I have to assume that they didn't.

6. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Honestly they probably had a lot of it done at this point but if it were gonna be delayed then 1) The really would've announced it by now through Square or a website/interview and 2) Even if the Japanese production were to be delayed they'd still have the American and international offices to aid in production so it might be easier to finish in light of the tragedy.

I sincerely wish everyone in Japan or with friends and family there luck as they try to recover in light of the nuclear problems and the earthquake and tsunami damage.

7. Always Dance Chaser

Yeah, this. SE has came out and said that they're okay and that the quake didn't significantly affect them. I'm sure everything will be fine, but yeah I'd be okay with a delay also

8. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

I would probably be fine with it getting delayed, after all I won't be able to play it seeing as the 3DS doesn't work with my eyes so I can't see the 3D (T-T).

I hope everyone was okay in the SE department though and I echo Wolfie's words in that department.

9. Daxa~ #stalker

Hmmm...I do hope theres not a delay,but I could live with a delay if it ment the situation in Japan improved :/

10. AwkwardFailure Traverse Town Homebody

Yes, I remember hearing all the time on the news about at least 6.0 aftershocks. Video games, although they're very fun and good for passing time, can wait, especially anything real life considered.

11. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Well, If I remember right, the area of SE's offices in Japan were not in an area heavily affected by the disaster, so I doubt it would be delayed, and if it is I aslo doubt it would be more than a week or something, not too long anyway.

12. Bubble Master Califa Hollow Bastion Committee

If anything the delay is probably down to too many projects going on within the Square-Enix offices.

They have many teams but I do feel as a company they've got too many side projects going on sometimes because we keep getting these spin-off games and what not.

13. kingdom_hearts_loverXX Gummi Ship Junkie

I wouldn't mind really, right now my 3DS isn't getting much use anyway, of course that will change once more games release.

Looking foward to the game tho.

14. P Banned

From what I gather, Japan is recovering very quickly from the quake. It has a lot of manpower, so the damage is 8eing repaired fairly quickly. Also, while a large area was damaged, in comparison to the rest of Japan, it's fairly small. Production of anime and the like was halted for a week at most. Possi8ly slightly more if it had culturally insensitive scenes rel8ing to earthquakes, 8ut even so.

15. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

i dont think it will get delayed at all. if Shueisha can still crank out manga week after week, SE can produce video games. ... i just realized how jerk-ish that sounded. no jerk-ishness intended

16. Saxima [screams geometrically]

Considering how much the Japanese push on, I really doubt that the earthquake/tsunami put barely a dent in Kingdom Hearts 3D's release. They're a very persistant people.

17. Tienewman Like A Boss

Any word if we can still expect the game in 2011?

18. Iskandar King of Conquerors

unless they buckle down and work faster, I'm pretty sure we'll be getting it sometime in the first quarter of 2012.

19. Saxima [screams geometrically]

I don't know, there's still a good chance that we could get it by the end of this year, but yes, if not by then , then at least by the end of Q1 of 2012.

We can only hope.