Dream Drop Distance KH 3D bug?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD II.8: Final Chapter Prologue' started by phoenixkh93, Apr 21, 2012.

1. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

Found this on Wikipedia:

This is the first I'd heard of this. Anyone know any more about it? Seems strange for such a large company.

2. Krowley Moderator

Yes, the game does contain a glitch that halts game progression.

Square acknowledges it as a concern and are coming up with a way to repair it.

3. Willis Traverse Town Homebody

Thank goodness for the fact that downloading games and game updates is now not only possible but popular. A glitch that literally halts progress like that is a game breaker. If I were to buy a game that did that, and came across the glitch without previous warning, I'd return it. Simple as that.
    Good thing these days developers can just patch it.

4. greater_bloo Gummi Ship Junkie

Yup like Willis said it's going to be patched.
    Though I feel sorry for people who don't have a wireless internet connection for the patch.
    Is this bug a common occurrence or do you actually have to do a whole bunch of random things to activate it?

5. Misty gimme kiss

Just read that it is going to be patched shortly.

The bug itself is said to be rather specific, i.e. not all players experience it. This page is supposed to have specific details on it (and how to avoid it), but it's in Japanese and the Google translate results were pretty much gobbledegook.

6. Llave Superless Moderator

We are talking about Japan though. They have wi-fi hotspots and events like it's no one's business. There shouldn't be a problem.

But it's good to know it's not something exceedingly severe and something that can be fixed in the EU and NA releases.

7. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

So it'l be fixed by the time it comes to Europe? I hope so, I'm not good with the whole wireless internet thing so I'm not sure I'd know how to download the patch

8. Misty gimme kiss

Oh, I'm sure. They're patching it for the Japanese release as we speak, they'll for sure put that patch on all Europe & NA releases.