Kingdom Hearts III Kairi's death in kh3?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by keyofdarkness55, Jun 10, 2014.

1. keyofdarkness55 Traverse Town Homebody

Don't get me wrong I like kairi as a character but sora has no real reason to hate or kill master xehanort I kinda think he needs that extra push to actually want to end him so I think her death could be that drive. This could also work with riku. What do you guys think?

2. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

psst this is in the wrong section of the forum :P

I don't think Kairi will die. First off, she's pretty much Sora's love interest. Secondly, killing Kairi would be detrimental to Master Xehanort's plan. Kairi is one of the seven Princesses of Light, and, given the secret ending to 3D, probably also one of the seven Keybladers of light. Xehanort needs all members of both/either alive to create the χ-blade properly. Killing Kairi would keep him from being able to attain his greatest desire.

3. keyofdarkness55 Traverse Town Homebody

The fact that she's soras love interest only strengthens the impact of her death. Honestly for kh3 I'm kinda just craving a sad death for some reason. I want some emotional tearing of my heart strings my favorite scene after all is xion's death. That's kinda why I think she should die. Plus an example of how it could happen is like if she jumps in front of "someone" trying to kill sora or something and actually kills her

4. Misty gimme kiss

Moving this to the KH3 section.

Like Tale said, killing Kairi would be problematic as it would leave an empty spot for the Princesses of Light; not only that, but we don't quite know the extent of Aqua's protective spell on Kairi -- if she were attacked, and lost her heart (as it doesn't seem you can really die in the KH universe?), it's possible that it would attach again to a nearby light.

From a critical standpoint, I would be very upset if Nomura killed Kairi in KH3, and not just because I like Kairi and don't want to see her die. She's had very little agency in the series so far and really very little development -- that's pretty much universally agreed on in the Kingdom Hearts series. Most of her importance thus far has been as a motivation (Sora needs to rescue her/wants to return home with her) or out of her purity. It's only now, after the ending of Dream Drop Distance, that she has some real potential to become a stronger character (both as a Keyblade wielder and in terms of importance & agency in the story). To kill her just to further the manpain would be incredibly insulting. She deserves more than being killed off just to make Sora sad.

5. keyofdarkness55 Traverse Town Homebody

I think that would make her death even sadder which is what I want, I'm kinda just craving another sad death besides xion's :b

6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Oh, I didn't even think about Aqua's spell! Good catch~

But yeah. Kairi's been an extreme doormat the entire series thus far, with the exceptions of her reveal and brief coolness as a Keyblade wielder in KHII, and her appearance at Yen Sid's tower for training in the secret ending of 3D. She really needs a chance to shine and grow, and KHIII is gonna be the only place that's possible. Killing her when she finally has this opportunity would be, frankly from a storytelling standpoint, wasteful and stupid.

If any main character were to have a sad/dramatic death in KHIII, my money would be on Terra, redeeming himself, or Riku. Maybe Roxas.

7. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

No. Kairi already had her "Death" moment when she lost her heart. It would be dumb for her to be the damsel in distress again.

8. Mixt The dude that does the thing

Bingo. Xehanort can't kill Kairi because even without knowledge of her being one of the keybladers he can't force the war if he gets rid of a princess prematurely.

If anything Kairi would die as a sacrifice because she is so integral to his plans (though we can get to 7 keybladers of light without her). While it would be an interesting move, particularly because her unique stance prevents a complete mirror of Sora in KH1, I hope they don't go there. In the KH universe it basically becomes the ultimate damsel in distress position rather than something final, and Kairi has been falling into that role way more than I feel she should.

9. Zeroxys Twilight Town Denizen

Sora is NOT Gohan from DBZ in the cell saga lol. Hes not gonna get new powers & be stronger because of Kairis death. if anything it might make him weaker because he will get to emotional and freeze up. Now if u wouldve said Riku would blow up & go after Xeranort after Kairi dies, then i might agree with you. But i doubt Kairi will die. If anything it would prolly be Aqua,Ven,Terra who die.

10. A Zebra Chaser

Killing Kairi would be the most worthless useless little ploy they could pull in KH
    "Oh, here's a character we barely gave any screen time to, who barely factors in to the plot at all... now she's dead, feel sad, please"

Well he could always kill her after the war starts. Or if we want to get really dark, he could kill her when she does something that stops his PoH plan, and extracts her light to force the war to happen
    You don't have to be Gohan to get super powers. People in KH have already gained powers from their anger and stuff, absolutely no stretch for Sora to get them from being angry too.

11. Antidote Façade

Besides the reasons everyone else stated as to why it'd be a bad idea, I don't think they'd have the nads to kill off one of the main good guys. Sure, some are currently incapacitated, but not dead.

She's spent almost the entirety of two games being kidnapped - it's her time to shine, not die. I want to see her get a good deal of decent development.

12. A Zebra Chaser

it doesn't take balls to kill someone off
    when you kill someone with balls, it's pretty much worthless. Only a mature writer can make death worth more to a story than keeping them alive

13. keyofdarkness55 Traverse Town Homebody

yes those were my thoughts exactly

14. Antidote Façade

I know they probably would have the capacity to do it, but I mean with the KH series in particular, death doesn't seem to be have any sort of finality. The Org. XIII are "bad guys" who are looking for their hearts... "oh, don't you know that if you kill them they come back as humans anyway?" Also Eraqus' heart resides in Terra even though his physical body was destroyed so you just know he's gonna come back in some convoluted way in the future.

15. Railos Hollow Bastion Committee

At most he'd probably just take her heart again. I highly doubt he'd kill her. That'd put an end to his plans.

16. Plums Wakanda Forever

Toooootally against Kairi being killed for the reasons stated. If I had to wager on one of the good guys permanently losing themselves to make a sacrifice, it'd definitely be Terra. With Xehanorts running amok, the BBS trio/Roxas/Xion (?) in line to be saved, and the entire KHverse at stake, this could easily be the pinnacle moment of Terra's redemption, a way to right his mistakes from the past and give Sora, Aqua, and everyone else a chance to finish Xehanort off for good.

17. |Aya| Moogle Assistant

I might change my profile picture to Kairi. :/ There are no said deaths for Kairi in KH3... c: But there might be a cutscene where glass breaks apart and she falls.

18. Labrys King's Apprentice

I know what your getting at, but I don't see killing Kairi as a good idea. Just like everyone says, it would'nt make sense for Xehanort to kill her when he needs her. Or are you implying that at some point Xehanort would'nt probably need her and kill her to prove a point? If anything the only character that I could see getting killed would be Riku. Xehanort has more than enough motive, and plus it would pretty much **** up Sora's mental state and throw him into a state of rage. Yet if it were Kairi, Sora would've just been dead. See the difference? The writers would want Sora angry and sad, not depressed traumatized.

19. keyofdarkness55 Traverse Town Homebody

What makes you think he wouldn't get enraged from kairis death. Not that the riku idea is bad. That's also good but I think their deaths would give a similar effect on sora kairis death would be stronger though

20. Labrys King's Apprentice

I wouldn't think so because Kairi's death could've done the opposite effect of what you just said. Sora looked aimlessly for Kairi, she meant the world to him. He went to many lengths to get her back, even forcefully killing himself and turning himself into a heartless just to see her again. Truthfully his quest wasn't to "Save the world", but to find Kairi. He loves her. Do you really expect him to be pissed off after she dies? Instead he'll be overthrown in a state of depression, thinking if it's his fault. Even towards the end he won't fully accept her death.