Justin Bieber Arrested for Dangerous Driving and Assault in Canada

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Amaury, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Amaury Legendary Hero

I'm NOT saying what he did was right, but in this case, I do have sympathy for him. The stupid paparazzi is really annoying.

Justin Bieber Arrested for Dangerous Driving and Assault in Canada
    • Source: ABC News
    • Published: September 2, 2014

There's a video and an image in the link above.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'll understand if he was trying to get away from the people, but he probably should have payed attention to where he was driving and followed the road rules still....or whatever rules you follow when you're driving an ATV.

3. Misty gimme kiss

I'm not really sure what the paparazzi has to do with this...? I do know he has had confrontations with paparazzis before and I am sympathetic to them but nothing I've read (which isn't much) suggests that he was, at the time, being pursued. It sounds like he was irresponsibly driving an ATV, hit a minivan, and then assaulted the driver.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Not pursued, but in this day and age, I can understand any celebrity feeling uncomfortable just be the mere presence of paparazzi. Unfortunately, for some celebrities like Justin, rash decisions can come out of it.

I agree with the charges he's getting, but I do have sympathy for him at the same time in this situation.

5. Misty gimme kiss

Were the paparazzi present though? It doesn't seem as though they were.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

I'm not actually too sure. I'm just going by that sentence regarding their unwelcome presence. Hm.

This may still be a developing story, so I'm going to keep an eye on it and see if they clarify.

7. Misty gimme kiss

The statement from his people is obviously not going to admit fault. I'm sure it was true that his weekend was interrupted and that is really ****, there needs to be stricter laws against paparazzi (as in: not allowing them to exist at all) but unless he was fleeing them on an ATV then I don't really see how it is at ALL related. I can't see any type of connection for him assaulting the driver either.

8. Amaury Legendary Hero

Good point.

The article also said that he and Selena have fully cooperated with police, so hopefully we'll know the full story soon and what caused the dangerous driving and assault (I'm pretty those are connected).

9. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

Honestly, at this point, I wonder what Selena sees in him.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

A sweet man? I dunno.

But I do know that in a lot of cases like this, even when it's not celebrities, people do these things as a cry for attention or because they're having problems in their personal life. Remember how in the discussion thread of his previous arrest a lot of us said he didn't used to be this way until around the time he turned 18 (I believe)? His father isn't exactly a good role model, and from the sounds of it, his mom did all the raising as he was growing up.

Of course, this isn't the case for everyone, as everyone is affected differently. For example, my mom was also really the only one who raised me because my dad was always out drinking, and I had behavioral issues growing up (most of them having to do with moving to the US from Mexico and my dad not being able to come up until I was in the third grade, which was a pretty traumatic experience for me -- leaving my dad), but they were all typical kid stuff. As I grew up, though, they disappeared, and look where I am today.

If something similar happened with Justin, it sounds like he also had behavioral issues as a kid growing up, but they stuck with him and turned worse as he got older and eventually broke out around the time he turned 18, going by the things that have happened since, which is when these run-ins with the law and everything started popping up.

11. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

This goes back to what I said about the "fans" turning a blind eye to what he does. The average Joe does this sort of thing (as well as all the other **** he pulled) and he is considered to be scum, how is JB any different? He isn't.

12. Fellangel Bichael May

Why does the paparazzi still care about him? Since the whole Orlando Bloom incident, I never really heard about him since then. He should be more careful. It won't be long before he gets into a rather serious situation.

13. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

Every time I hear about celebrity relationships, I think back to that 30 Rock episode where that one girl was in a contracted relationship with James Franco. These are just fake relationships that they can use for mutual publicity.

I know about these relationships because I have younger siblings who love this kind of drama. I mean, when the two got together, I think Bieber had some single come out. Then, when they broke up, I asked my sister if either one of them had something coming out. She told me that Gomez was about to release a CD (and I think a second documentary of Bieber came out a month later as well).