Just found out that Australia has become a joke.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Serbkiller, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Cleopatra King's Apprentice

No, you're right he couldn't & no we're not all idiots. But erm $50, 000? CentreLink is there to help, I didn't say he had to rely on it 24/7. B|

Whatever. There's no point in arguing about about a man we don't know nor can help.

2. Johnny Stooge Traverse Town Homebody

No one is going to rent their house out to a homeless man without a job.

The English pound is worth double and a bit times the Australian dollar and I'm willing to bet the housing market where you live is cheaper than Sydney.
    What part of 'it's the most expensive city in Australia' doesn't get through to you?

Look, it's all well and good to say what this man could do in theory. But in practice, life's a bit more harsh.

3. Catch the Rain As the world falls down ♥

I agree with Stooge with the amount of stupidity in this thread.

The man clearly says he is spending the money not saving it, if he moved into a house and stopped then he wouldn't be earning that same amount each year.

He could start saving NOW to find somewhere affordable etc, but at the present time he can't just jump into a house and be like woohoo I have $125,00000 go me. In the past 3 years I have earnt about £20,000 does that mean I have that now? No it doesn't.

He can't get a job until he has a fixed address, and with the current climate it is harder for ANYONE to get a job, let alone a man in his 50's with few qualifications and experience.

Where he is now is down entirely to him, he didn't have to pay his friend's bills and he didn't have to take the begging route, but he did.

To be honest I am not entirely sure what the problem people have is anyways, it isn't like he is hurting anyone and if people choose to give him their money then that is down to them. Just let him get on with it.

Getting off the streets and starting some kind of respectable life would be great in theory, I've been thinking about this at work, we can all sit here in our houses with our internet and our running water and think yeah this all comes easy, but it doesn't always work like that.

Besides, he is doing what he is doing for his friend. The fact that he chooses to be homeless to help pay for his friend's medical treatment I think is amazing. I'm starting to ramble now, and I don't know if any of this makes sense, I'm just typing as I'm thinking so I'll leave it off here now.