358/2 Days Just a theory, but...

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by OrganizationXIIIMember#0, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrganizationXIIIMember#0 Merlin's Housekeeper

This is just a theory about how Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days got its name. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, just don't post Spoilers!
    Okay, here it is...
    In the beginning of Kingdom Hearts II you play as Roxas, and you play through 6 Days as him. 358 + 6 = 364. And I guess Sora was asleep for 1 Year in the capsule thing. 1 year has 365 days in it. Close enough, right? So you play for 358 Days as Roxas in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days. And I guess it got the /2 part because Roxas is half of Sora.

So, tell me what you think.

2. Twilight Knight Traverse Town Homebody

I thik you're right on that theory but I hears somewhere that at one point soras memories comletlely halted. I dont know. I read it on the wiki,

3. WilliamTheWise Hollow Bastion Committee

The year thing is correct, but the /2 is debeatable. It could refer to Xion and Roxas.

4. Master of the Onyx Flame Hollow Bastion Committee

i think its more simple than that actually. the 358 is definately for roxas's org time. but i think the 2 is merely telling us that you play as roxas.
    this goes on the concept that sora=1 and roxas=2.
    but thats just my opinion.

5. daisydog2 Destiny Islands Resident

I actually think /2 means Xion and Roxas, I heard that somewhere else too.

Think about it, isn't it a little too obvious tht the two people would be Roxas and Sora. I think Nomura wants us to think about it a little more, so after seeing many japanese cutscenes... I think its about Xion and Roxas, but i dont know for sure :confused:

6. jet588 Traverse Town Homebody

I agree.

But the /2 could mean "the other half". Think about it, we've seen what happened and know what happened leading up to and during the year Sora's castle oblivion adventures occured.

Now then, /2 could be an accronim of some sort for "Another side, Another story... "

Which inturn brings us to the theories presented here.

7. AxelRikkuconnection Twilight Town Denizen

Actually the real meaning is that roxas spent 358 days with his 2 best friends. xion and axel. tahts the actual meaning

8. tSG1 Chaser

Thats the obvious meaning.

But a year has 364 days and 1/4 of a day.

So this makes the maths kind of screwed up.

9. Mielé Banned

I don't think SE gives a **** about whether or not they did the math 100% right.

10. Swillum Merlin's Housekeeper

I thought a Year IS 365 Days in Japan because one day for every 4 years is not classed as a Day/Day of Rest.

Heard it from my History Teacher when we were doing Ancient China.

11. Mielé Banned

You know whats funny? The title is explained in the game.
    Good job for "figuring it out"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.