Film Jurassic World (Jurassic Park 4)

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Hayabusa, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

Pretty sure a ton of these animals never existed in the same time periods.

Depends on the definition of tamed. House pets? Yeah. Service training? Probably not.

2. Patman Bof

Oh yeah, tons, I skipped some. They were just casually mentioning it, not trying to point out a plot hole they knew full well wasn' t one.
    Tamed as in you can order them around.

3. Hayabusa Venomous

Ah, ok.

Well, we gotta remember that these are animals that we've never been able to interact with, so...like, why not try it for story purposes? Of all the possible farfetched things that could have happened, I'll gladly accept this. It ain't a Yoshi situation.

4. Patman Bof

I guess it wouldn' t strain suspension of disbelief too much if the guy ordering them around actually was a tamer. As in it' s his/her full time job. And even then it would have its limits. Trying to deal with more than three of those beasts at once would be outright suicidal, and even then you' d have to be extra, extra, extra careful about it. You just don' t casually turn your back on such a creature, too much zeal in its attempt to play with you and your face is gone.

5. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Some Komodo Dragons in zoos have been known to recognize their handlers to the point where they allow petting and playing fetch. I ain't kidding.

Plus, I believe in one of the movies they say a Velociraptor is more intelligent than a dolphin, and those are pretty smart.

6. Patman Bof

Oh ? Sounds cool.
    Dolphins aren' t predators, and they don' t have claws or fangs. Well, they are predators but they don' t play by fighting each other. They don' t need that to become skilled hunters. Dolphin have a capacity for empathy bordering ours, but you can be smart and lack empathy. Tigers and bears aren' t exactly dumb, but if I am to believe the tamers I' ve heard on the matter what I just said totally applies to them. Unless there' s just one and you basically live with it 24/7 from its birth.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  7. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Aren't you looking a little too much into this? It's Dinosaurs. You know, the things that were wiped out millions of years ago? Let's just leave it to the writers to come up with the silly stuff and enjoy the film without being technical. Plus, it's not like we can know everything about dinosaurs anyways, so a think a few liberties are a given, like training Raptors

8. Patman Bof

I know it confuses some people to no end, but I actually enjoy those discussions.
    Not trying to ruin anyone' s fun, I' ve already said I' m aware it' s just a movie.
    I mean for God' sake I' m a Star Wars fan, does Star Wars look scientifically accurate to you ? Or even logically sound ? xD

9. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Star wars?
    Invisible energy that surrounds everything and some people can manipulate it to be overpowered compared to the common man when Dark, or use it to to help others and still be overpowered? Space stations that can blow up whole planets? Utilizing pure energy to make swords that every man and child wishes they had even though they'd lose every limb they own? Sounds completely scientific and sound.
    [​IMG]

10. Patman Bof

Fuel reservoir that could and totally does blow up the entire station conveniently located right beside the hangar. The one loaded with armed spaceships. Oh yeah we' re rocket scientists !!!

11. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Okay guys, let's drop the subject of taming raptors and remember the MST3K Manta:

12. Hayabusa Venomous

NO I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE

I WILL BECOME THE RAPTOR MASTER

13. burnitup Still the Best 1973

VELOCIRAPTOR, GOTTA CTACH EM ALL, IT'S ME AND YOU
    I KNOW IT'S MY DESTINY
    VELOCIRAPTOR, YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND
    IN A WORLD WE MUST DEFEND

14. Reverie Moogle Assistant

I honestly am so utterly excited for this movie. Seeing like a working version of the original dream, I never thought that would happen! Of course they had to build a hybrid though, I guess that makes it interesting. The music, the graphics, really everything is stunning already. I'm ecstatic to watch it!

They deserve some creative freedom, so I'm fine with them doing different things, even if scientifically it does not make sense. :P I think that's why we all enjoy Science fiction though! Things that aren't real but would be awesome/scary if it was!

Dinosaurs are truly amazing creatures just to think about how enormous they were, I think it would be a dream to be able to see a herbivore. I don't think I would like to see a carnivore anywhere close. :P

15. Hayabusa Venomous

New trailer.

The new super-dino having been one of two is pretty interesting to me

16. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I am so hyped for this.

17. Patman Bof

Okay, that does alleviate some of my fears.

Judging by her expression, good luck making her admit it. xD

18. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Why won't she admit to wanting to eat?

19. Patman Bof

I don' t think that' s the part she' s worried about.

20. Patman Bof

Bump !

LMAO, the troll is strong with that one. xD

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2015