Nintendo June 6 Pokémon Direct

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by . : tale_wind, Jun 5, 2017.

1. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

[​IMG]

Announced today, a special eight-minute long Pokémon Direct will air tomorrow at 10am ET. The Direct will be viewable on Nintendo's YouTube and Twitch channels, as well as their official website.

What do you think Pokémon will be showing off in this Direct a week before E3? Post your thoughts below!

2. Pinekaboo Chaser

This time two years ago (give or take one month) they announced ORAS for November release. It's entirely possible that they'll be announcing Sinnoh remakes (although god help me, I hope not). Of course, it's equally possible they'll announce SuMo2, or something entirely different.
    I hope there won't be anything announced for the Switch, since it seems way too soon to be shifting over to an entirely new generation of hardware, especially at the prices the Switch currently sells for.

3. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I'm wondering if maybe they'll be talking about Pokemon Stars. It's been around for a while now that it's likely and will be made for the switch, but I guess we'll have to see. It's pretty close to around that time when they can reveal the next generation too.

Also let's not forget that the Switch has actually sold more games than consoles, which is kind of sad. And what do you have against Sinnoh remakes? If we got a remake of Platinum with a little more story like they did in ORAS I'd be a happy man.

4. Pinekaboo Chaser

Not technically the forum for discussing my opinion of the Sinnoh games, but they're my least favourite titles in the series. Much of the environments looked very same-y and uninteresting, with only the heavily snowed-over route really standing out, and then it was filled with heavy lag and those tiles of snow that you'd sink into and slow you down massively.

If Sinnoh remakes happen, I'll still be happy, because new Pokémon games, but there are a lot of problems that need fixing, and a need for customisation to return this time, unlike it did in ORAS, for me to genuinely enjoy them. It's less "I hope there are never Sinnoh remakes ever", and more "There's a lot of games that could be made that would be better than Sinnoh remakes".

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

Fair points, but I'm sure they could fix a lot of those with a remake. After all, we've had snow areas in X/Y and Sun/Moon (sorta Sun/Moon), and they weren't terrible. They weren't big either, but I'm sure if they remade it, I doubt they'd made the walking speed slow down as much. I do agree that I'd like customization again, but maybe they should try something like allowing us to customize the main character from before; something I wish they'd done with ORAS.

Still, if they keep up their trend, I'm sure we'll get 4th gen remakes soon enough. I wouldn't mind a 5th gen either, but maybe they should try putting both B/W and B2/W2 in the same cartridge instead of separate games. We've only got 2 more gens till they hit 3DS games, so the options are limited on remakes right now.

6. . : tale_wind Ice to see you!

ANNOUNCEMENTS:
    • Pokkén Tournament DX - Switch - September 22
    • Pokémon Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon - 3DS - November 17
    • Pokémon Gold Version/Silver Version - 3DS Virtual Console - September 22