Anime JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Bite the Dust, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Hayabusa Venomous

So I'm kinda confused...how far along is the Stardust Crusaders anime? The sub group I follow has up to 8, and apparently Crunchyroll has up to 13...

2. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Yeah, 13 episodes have been released so far. Commie is lagging WAAAAY behind. Although, that's probably because of all of the re-encoding, typesetting, and timing that they have to do. Well, that and all of the extra effects that they do. I do like that Commie is making an honest effort to actually sub the SFX as it moves and use interesting ways to have the text exit the frame, but it is taking too long. I just watch CrunchyRoll since they get their subs out an hour after it airs (Airs 11:30 AM EST, subs out at 12:30 PM). Plus, I do want to know which names get changed now that a dub has been confirmed.

3. Hayabusa Venomous

Ah, ok. I far prefer Commie so far, for all the things you've listed (the subs during the opening hnnnnnnnng.) While their lagging is really annoying, I can wait for a higher quality sub, especially one that has more interesting writing. CrunchyRoll's is kinda dull, especially when they're doing Jojo.

4. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Do bear in mind that, for the most part, the scripts between CrunchyRoll and Commie are very similar, with changes thrown in here and there at their discretion. While I haven't been keeping up with Commie as much since I watch the CrunchyRoll subs, I have watched the first couple episodes of Commie's subs and noticed that a substantial amount of their scripting is identical. It does make sense since they've been taking the CrunchyRoll subs and re-encoding them.

5. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Been a while since I made some updates, so here you go. Updated with current Episode information, Test Dub VAs, and Changed Names and References. I was somewhat disappointed with the route they went when changing Steely Dan's name, but there really isn't much they could've done. I would have preferred to have the original name intact, but oh well.

6. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Blame copyright fears. At least they didn't call him Rubber Soul like they did in one Part 3 related media in the past. Though if I had to make the choice I would have called him "Dan Steel" instead of "Dan of Steel" which I'm pretty sure is suppose to be a pun of Man of Steel. :\

7. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

A couple days late, but I think we can all appreciate this image

[​IMG]

8. burnitup Still the Best 1973

9. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Updated the OP with new episode information. Also, just to let you guys know, there will be a mid-season break for SC so that they can put out the highest quality of episodes possible for the upcoming Egypt half of Part 3. Most likely the Mid-Season break will start after Episode 24, since that is the final episode of the currently listed Blu-Ray/DVDs. Of course, that means a longer wait for Iggy and a much longer wait for Diamond is Unbreakable, but since it is for the sake of quality, waiting is a must.

As for the recent episode, it was simply amazing. The camels, the laughing, the Engrish, all of it was perfect.

10. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I, for one, am not a fan of mid season breaks so I was a little upset when I learn they will be breaking for Stardust Crusaders. :C

Fun episode however. :3
    [​IMG]

11. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Updated OP with most current Episode info.

Ah, we're almost to Egypt, and with that, we'll possibly get a new Opening as well as a new Ending. We won't know for sure until the Fall Season Break is over, but we should hear something about it before the Winter Season starts. C'mon Iggy! I want my damn dog already! Anyways, for the upcoming Egypt arc, I'm most excited for the Daniel J. D'Arby "fight", the Bast fight, the Anubis fight, the Terence T. D'Arby fight, the Vanilla Ice fight, and, of course, the DIO fight. I just cannot wait. Winter can't come quick enough.

12. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Think they'll introduce Iggy before the break?

13. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

It's certainly possible. I've heard people say that the Channel JoJo is running on has Episode 25 listed, though I'm not sure how valid that info is.

14. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Interesting. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

15. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Alright, with a new PV having recently being released, and a start date for the Egypt half of Stardust has been announced, I feel it's time to start updating this thread again. First things first, though, the PV:

Now, onto the second thing. I've updated the OP with more information, now that it's been released. This includes Iggy's promo art being added to the Character Design section as well as having his CV announced. It also has information about the second opening theme, the single of which is projected for a January 28 release. It's written out as 「ジョジョ その血の記憶~end of THE WORLD~」, or as it's romanized on the OP, "JOJO Sono Chi no Kioku~end of THE WORLD~". This can translate to "JOJO Memories of his blood~end of THE WORLD~". Whether or not it will have the same style as the very first opening theme, or whether the song is a thematic continuation of that song, remains to be seen.

Aside from that, the PV has hyped me up for the new year. I can't wait for January 9th to finally come. We'll finally get to see Iggy interact with the gang and see him get into his crazy shenanigans. On top of that, the PV did an excellent job hyping up some of the upcoming fights. The N'Dour fight, which is the very first one we'll be seeing this half, the Oingo Boingo fight, which is going to be fun, the Mariah fight, which I am looking forward to with gusto, and the Anubis fight. And each and every one of those little clips looked gorgeously animated. I'd say it was definitely worth a 3 month wait to see these fights animated in such high quality. The year cannot end fast enough.