Anime JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Bite the Dust, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I thought they would "correct" the anime, originally THE WORLD would have all powers from Joestar's blood line, thus that is why DIO uses heremit purple hability in this episode (much like the manga), yet that Idea was dropped sometime latter (it is common in Jojo ideas left behind, and character changes)..
    because this explains why Star platinum has the same hability as the world, truthfully it is the oposite... but it was dropped, and in the next mangas whenever Star platinum freezes time he says "THE WORLD!"
    Because they did it in the first part of Jojo by adding the star birthmark in Jonathan's neck, for continuity reasons. By the second episode of Stardust crusaders DIO seemed aware of the other Joestars because they are conected by fate/bloodline without the need to use Heremit purple.. and yet they kept that scene.

2. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Changed the header of the first post and added the OP to it.

As for the whole DIO using Hermit Purple thing, I'm assuming that David is going to go with it being Jonathan's Stand since he is still somewhat resisting his full control. Regardless of how they do actually explain it, it will definitely be amazing when they do get to the climactic battle and show off The World.

Anyways, we'll see next week whether our favorite Frenchie retains his name or gets the change to Eiffel. I really hope they call him Polnareff. I really, really do.

3. burnitup Still the Best 1973

I'm sure they keep his name as Polnareff.

4. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Info updated. This weeks episode was amazing~ And:

[​IMG]

Suck it Bandai Namco. Suck a fat one.

5. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

OP Updated with currently available info.

Lots of Lolibutt and Rape Ape in this episode. Also, hurray for smoking censors.

Oh, and of course:

ZA WARUDO

6. burnitup Still the Best 1973

If anyone cares I made a JoJo thread in the Spame-Zone where I give you a Stand if you post.
    I don't get the smoking censors. Why censor that stuff?

7. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Japanese broadcasting laws. They aren't allowed to show under-aged people smoking, and since Jotaro smoking was actually relevant to how they found the imposter, they censored it.

8. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Well I learned something new about Japan today.

9. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Added a section in the OP about name changes. It'll be updated as they come up. So far, we've had Captain Dragon and Enyaba in place of Captain Tennille and Enya the Hag. Personally, I think these name changes are acceptable, and the name change for Captain Tennille maintains the reference ( The 'Captain' of the 'Captain & Tennille' duo is named 'Daryl Dragon' ) and Dio actually says Enyaba so it's fine. I hope they try to maintain the references, though I won't hold my breath.

10. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

11. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Hol Horse should be showing up in 2 episodes, based on this pacing.

12. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

OP Updated. As I thought they would, CrunchyRoll used the Soul Sacrifice name used by the Viz release of Stardust Crusaders. I can't say I'm terribly surprised, but it makes me wonder how they are gonna handle Rubber Soul. Are they just going to change it to Robber Soul or are they going to change the name completely this time around? They haven't done everything exactly like Viz, like changing Captain Tennille to Captain Dragon, so I guess we'll have to wait and see. Springboarding off of that, I wonder how they are going to handle Steely Dan? He's a ways off, so we won't know for a while, but it doesn't hurt to wonder.

13. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

OP Updated. I'm a little surprised that they went with Centerfold instead of J. Geil this time around. I would've thought they could get the right to use J. Geil for his name. Oh well, Centerfold is a pretty good name change regardless. Now we wait to see how Steely Dan fares.

14. burnitup Still the Best 1973

Clever reference just gone with J Geil and used Centerfold for any potential dubs..

15. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

It's been a while, but I've updated the OP with more episode info.

Next week, Part 3 ends early, woo~

16. Jin うごかないで

17. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

18. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

OP Updated with Episode info as well as new voice actors for Jotaro and Joseph. The only VA info that hasn't been put in the OP was DIOs (Patrick Seitz) because he lacks a tab in the OP, though I'll add it eventually.

Anyways, for the voices, other roles from these actors include:

Matthew Mercer - Levi from Attack on Titan, Kiritsugu Emiya from Fate/Zero, Aikuro Mikisugi from Kill la Kill, Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4 (replacing Troy Baker starting with the animated series onward), Tygra from the 2011 ThunderCats cartoon, Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening, Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil (starting with the Damnation CG animated movie), and Alvin from Tales of Xillia

Richard Epcar - Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo from Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, Batou from Ghost in the Shell, Argent Heinkel from Bravely Default, The Narrator from Bayonetta, Ansem, the Seeker of Darkness and Terra-Xehanort from the Kingdom Hearts series (KHII and onwards), and The Joker from Injustice: Gods Among Us

Patrick Seitz - Isshin Kurosaki and Kenpachi Zaraki (From Episode 244 onwards) from Bleach, Senji Kiyomasa from Deadman Wonderland, Simon Brezhnev from Durarara!!, Charles Beams from Eureka Seven, Sloth from Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Ira Gamagoori from Kill la Kill, Franky from One Piece, Ragna the Bloodedge from the BlazBlue series, Dracula from the Castlevania series, Frederic Francois Chopin from Eternal Sonata, Scorpion from the Mortal Kombat series, The Announcer, the Malevolent Entity, and Nyarlathotep from the Persona series, Dhaos from Tales of Phantasia, and Bob from the Tekken series.

What do you think about the casting for the English dub of Stardust Crusaders? Let me know below.

19. burnitup Still the Best 1973

It makes a strange amount of sense for Matthew Mercer and Patrick Seitz to be in JoJo. What with Persona being JoJo-lite and all (hell P4 is practically Part 4... wait).

20. Jin うごかないで

i sorta missed 2 episodes but caught up today. I only want to say that..I am absolutely
    gutted that Avdol had to die :C