Anime JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga' started by Bite the Dust, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

[​IMG]

S Y N O P S I S :

In a Japanese jail sits 17-year-old Jotaro Kujo: punk, fighter, delinquent... and possessed by a force beyond his control! Around the world, evil spirits are awakening: "Stands," monstrous invisible creatures which give their bearers incredible powers. To save his mother's life, Jotaro must tame his dark forces and travel around the world to Cairo, Egypt, where a hundred-year-old vampire thirsts for the blood of his family. But the road is long, and an army of evil Stand Users waits to kill JoJo and his friends...

(Synopsis courtesy of Viz Media)
    C H A R A C T E R x D E S I G N S :

• [​IMG]
      CV: DAISUKE ONO
      VA: MATTHEW MERCER
    • [​IMG]
      CV: UNSHŌ ISHIZUKA
      VA: RICHARD EPCAR
    • [​IMG]
      CV: KENTA MIYAKE
      VA: CHRIS TERGLIAFERA
    • [​IMG]
      CV: DAISUKE HIRAKAWA
      VA: KYLE HEBERT
    • [​IMG]
      CV: FUMINORI KOMATSU
    • [​IMG]
      CV: MISATO FUKUEN

E P I S O D E x L I S T :

E P I S O D E x 1 :
    A MAN POSSESSED
    ( AKURYŌ NI TORITSUKARETA OTOKO )

E P I S O D E x 2 :
    WHO SHALL JUDGE?!
    ( SABAKU NO WA DARE DA!? )

E P I S O D E x 3 :
    DIO'S CURSE
    ( DIO NO JUBAKU )

E P I S O D E x 4 :
    TOWER OF GRAY
    ( HAI NO TŌ [ TAWĀ OBU GURĒ ] )

E P I S O D E x 5 :
    SILVER CHARIOT
    ( GIN NO SENSHA [ SHIRUBA CHARIOTTSU ] )

E P I S O D E x 6 :
    DARK BLUE MOON
    ( KURA AO NO TSUKI [ DĀKU BURŪ MŪN ] )

E P I S O D E x 7 :
    STRENGTH
    ( CHIKARA [ SUTORENGUSU ] )

E P I S O D E x 8 :
    THE DEVIL
    ( AKUMA [ DEBIRU ] )

E P I S O D E x 9 :
    YELLOW TEMPERANCE
    ( KI NO SESSEI [ IERŌ TENPERANSU ] )

E P I S O D E x 1 0 :
    THE EMPEROR AND THE HANGED MAN, PART 1
    ( KŌTEI TO TSURARETA OTOKO SONO 1 [ ENPERĀ TO HANGUDO MAN SONO 1 ] )

E P I S O D E x 1 1 :
    THE EMPEROR AND THE HANGED MAN, PART 2
    ( KŌTEI TO TSURARETA OTOKO SONO 2 [ ENPERĀ TO HANGUDO MAN SONO 2 ] )

E P I S O D E x 1 2 :
    THE EMPRESS
    ( JŌTEI [ ENPURESU ] )

E P I S O D E x 1 3 :
    WHEEL OF FORTUNE
    ( UNMEI NO SHARIN [ HOĪRU OBU FŌCHUN ] )

E P I S O D E x 1 4 :
    JUSTICE, PART 1
    ( SEIGI SONO 1 [ JASUTISU SONO 1 ] )

E P I S O D E x 1 5 :
    JUSTICE, PART 2
    ( SEIGI SONO 2 [ JASUTISU SONO 2 ] )

E P I S O D E x 1 6 :
    THE LOVERS, PART 1
    ( KOIBITO SONO 1 [ RABĀZU SONO 1 ] )

E P I S O D E x 1 7 :
    THE LOVERS, PART 2
    ( KOIBITO SONO 2 [ RABĀZU SONO 2 ] )

E P I S O D E x 1 8 :
    THE SUN
    ( TAIYŌ [ SAN ] )

E P I S O D E x 1 9 :
    DEATH 13, PART 1
    ( SHINIGAMI 13 SONO 1 [ DESU SĀTĪN SONO 1 ] )

E P I S O D E x 2 0 :
    DEATH 13, PART 2
    ( SHINIGAMI 13 SONO 2 [ DESU SĀTĪN SONO 2 ] )

E P I S O D E x 2 1 :
    JUDGEMENT, PART 1
    ( SHINPAN SONO 1 [ JAJJIMENTO SONO 1 ] )

E P I S O D E x 2 2 :
    JUDGEMENT, PART 2
    ( SHINPAN SONO 2 [ JAJJIMENTO SONO 2 ] )

E P I S O D E x 2 3 :
    THE HIGH PRIESTESS, PART 1
    ( JOKYŌKŌ SONO 1 [ HAI PURIESUTESU SONO 1 ] )

E P I S O D E x 2 4 :
    THE HIGH PRIESTESS, PART 2
    ( JOKYŌKŌ SONO 2 [ HAI PURIESUTESU SONO 2 ] )

N A M E x C H A N G E S x & x R E F E R E N C E S :

xx O R I G I N A L x N A M E xxxx C H A N G E D x N A M E xxxx M U S I C x R E F E R E N C E xx
    CAPTAIN TENNILLE
    CAPTAIN DRAGON
    CAPTAIN & TENNILLE ( AMERICAN POP DUO )
    ENYA THE HAG
    ENYABA
    ENYA ( IRISH SINGER )
    DEVO THE CURSED
    SOUL SACRIFICE
    DEVO ( AMERICAN ROCK BAND )
    SOUL SACRIFICE ( SANTANA SONG )
    J. GEIL
    CENTERFOLD
    THE J. GEILS BAND ( AMERICAN ROCK BAND )
    CENTERFOLD ( THE J. GEILS BAND SONG )
    ZZ
    ZII ZII
    ZZ TOP ( AMERICAN BLUES ROCK BAND )
    STEELY DAN
    DAN OF STEEL
    STEELY DAN ( AMERICAN JAZZ ROCK BAND )
    MANNISH BOY
    MANISHU BOOI
    MANNISH BOY ( MUDDY WATERS SONG )
    MIDLER
    ROSE
    BETTE MIDLER ( AMERICAN POP SINGER )
    THE ROSE ( BETTE MIDLER SONG )

G E N R E : xx ACTION, ADVENTURE, SHŌNEN, SUPERNATURAL

E P I S O D E S : xx 24 ( OUT OF PROJECTED 48 )

A N I M A T I O N : xx DAVID PRODUCTION, KAMIKAZE DOUGA ( OPENING ANIMATION )

D I R E C T O R : xx NAOKATSU TSUDA

W R I T E R : xx YASUKO KOBAYASHI

C H A R A C T E R x D E S I G N E R : xx MASAHIKO KOMINO

C O M P O S E R : xx YUGO KANNO

O P E N I N G x T H E M E x 1 : xx STAND PROUD
    V O C A L S : x JIN HASHIMOTO
    C O M P O S E R : x ZENTA
    L Y R I C S : x SHŌKO FUJIBAYASHI
    T U N E : x TAKATSUGU WAKABAYASHI

O P E N I N G x T H E M E x 2 : xx JOJO Sono Chi no Kioku ~end of THE WORLD~
    V O C A L S : x TBA
    C O M P O S E R : x KŌHEI TANAKA
    L Y R I C S : x SHŌKO FUJIBAYASHI
    A R R A N G E M E N T : x KŌHEI TANAKA & YASUHISA MURASE

E N D I N G x T H E M E : xx WALK LIKE AN EGYPTIAN
    L Y R I C S : x LIAM STERNBERG
    P E R F O R M A N C E : x BANGLES

H Y P E x R A T I N G : xx / 10

I N F O R M A T I O N x & x O P I N I O N S :

At last. At long last, the time has finally come. A proper anime adaptation of Part 3 of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure! Part 3 is widely considered to be one of the best as well as one of the most well known parts throughout the globe. Stardust Crusaders has the distinction of being the only part of the JoJo manga to have been localized in the US. Granted, it came with some hardship and required name changes due to the music references strewn about the series. However, Viz Media pulled through in the end and managed to bring it over.

Part 3 also gained more fame the world around thanks to the fighting game adaptation made by the boys at Capcom. The four button fighter has been embraced by many within the Fighting Game Community and is loved by many JoJo-faithful and newcomers alike. It is still played to this day thanks to the HD re-release by Capcom as well as the GGPO Middleware.
    Furthermore, Stardust Crusaders also received an OVA Adaptation that, while taking an enormous amount of liberties with the story material, allowed many fans to watch one of the greatest fights in JoJo history in motion. After all, who wouldn't want to see a century old Vampire and a 17-year-old Japanese delinquent with Stands duke it out in the middle of Cairo during the night time in plain sight? Everything about what I just told you is awesome. That is fact, not opinion. Not to mention that the OVA showed off all of the over-the-top gore that the series creator, Hirohiko Araki, is known for.

Honestly, April cannot come quick enough. Just watching that little Jump Festa teaser sends hype flowing through my veins. The animation in that 46 second clip was just top notch. It's great that David Production is back on the series for this one. I really hope that Kamikaze Douga returns to do the OP for this Part as well. We all know that the animation in the OPs for the first season were just utterly fabulous. If you don't think so, something is wrong with you. Your brain is malfunctioning. You hate joy, happiness, and all that is good. If you didn't like those Openings, get the hell out of my face.

Understandably, things will be a little different from how they go down in the manga. However, what things they will change and what things will be included and excluded still remain to be seen. However, I have no doubt that whatever they do, it will work out for the best. The things that they did cut from the first two Parts of the anime were essentially unnecessary, and the things that they did add and change were wholly accepted. No complaints from any of the fans at all.

Now, there were some issues people had with the anime, the biggest one being the lack of actual animation. At some points, the series ran more like a motion comic instead of an actual anime. For those that have seen the first season, you know what I'm talking about. For those haven't seen it, go watch it. Right now. No arguments. Just do it. Now, to be fair, the studio didn't have much of a budget to work with. So to be able to pull off what they did with the budget that they had, it was absolutely impressive. And the parts with actual animation? Out of this world.

So, what do you think? Are you excited? Are you riding the hype train? Do you want to get on the hype train? (The answer to that one is "Yes") What do you think of the character designs? How do you feel about the change in some voice actors? Do you want to see adaptations of the parts beyond Part 3? (The answer to this one is also "Yes") Let me know down below.

x

WATCH THE SERIES AT. C R U N C H Y R O L L

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
  2. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

OP Updated to include new PV

3. Jin うごかないで

I am SO so excited for this! absolutely LOVED battle tendancy. Stardust crusader is the most known in the Jojo series as well. I'm really looking forward to this.

4. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

OP Updated to have the Avdol/Abdul PV and Kakyoin PV

5. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

It is my second least favorite Jojo, but it is still awesome!

6. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

OP Updated to have Subbed PVs and new Character images that include their respective Stands.

7. Jin うごかないで

Hasn't a pv for DIO been released yet? I'm dying for his PV because he's my most favorite character next to Caesar.

8. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

As far as I know, they've only announced PVs for Joseph, Avdol/Abdul, Kakyoin, and Polnareff who is getting his this Friday before they have a Live Show with the voice actors. After that it's a one week break before the anime premieres. I doubt that are going to show much of Dio in the early PV stuff because everything that pertains to him directly fighting the protagonists happens at the end of Stardust. That being said, seeing sexy Shadow Dio in the other PVs was great.

9. Jin うごかないで

Agreed. I really cannot wait to see a full trailer of it though showing DIO's stardust crusader look remade in higher quality. Even though it'll probably look like the all stars game just without the cellshading renders I'm still excited to see him again. I hope they animate the rest of the JJBA parts as well I never really read past stardust crusader because the manga parts are so huge and I barley get any time to read through them

10. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Update OP to include the latest PV featuring our favorite Frenchman, Polly Polnareff

11. Jin うごかないで

OOH. my friend showed me this update this morning. It was nice to hear phantom blood's opening at the end even for it was for a bit only another month to go till it starts airing.

12. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

OP Updated with the latest PV that was shown at AnimeJapan, Jotaro's. I also updated the staff information and added info about the OP for the anime. Now there's only 2 weeks left until the premiere.

[​IMG]

13. Jin うごかないで

Episode 1 is finaly up on anime sites gogogo

14. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

JOJO FRIDAYS ARE BACK, BAYBEE!!

*ahem* Anyways, first post updated with Episode Titles and a link to CrunchyRoll, who has decided to pick up the series and simulcast it. They also have the entirety of the Phantom Blood section of the 1st Season uploaded, with the Battle Tendency section to follow next week.

I am a bit wary about having a legal streaming service showing JoJo because of possible name changes to avoid Copyright Infringements and all of that good stuff. To those who are unaware, which I'm sure is most of you, the All Star Battle game is going to be released here, and not without casualties. With changes like Sticky Fingers to Zipper Man, Stray Cat to Feral Cat, as well as the incredibly odd choice of changing Jean Pierre Polnareff to Jean Pierre Eiffel, I am a little reserved about the series moving forward. However, I am more than delighted to see that CrunchyRoll has decided to show the series because that means JoJo as a series will get more exposure Internationally. So if it takes a few objectionable name changes, we'll just have to grin and bear it.

Now, that 1st episode. Man, that first episode. It is just... Ugh. This was pretty much me the entire time I was watching it:

[​IMG]

Between the vastly improved quality, the art, seeing the Stands in motion, and the background music, that was just a pure dose of JoJo goodness. I couldn't help but be giddy while watching. I look forward to the coming week, however slow it may come.

15. Jin うごかないで

I want to watch the first episode right now thing is I'm waiting to see if a better fansub group will take it on other than Horrible subs because horriblesubs ...well there's rumours about them ripping it straight from crunchyroll which isn't a bad thing but they don't like colour the text or anything like commie or other fansub groups which is what I prefer but i'll wait around another hour if not i'll watch the horriblesubs version cannot wait ;_; but I have the 1080p horrible subs version already incase no others release today

16. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

I've watched the first episode! I didn't recall how much pain in the ass was Jotaro, it will take a few episodes so that he can grown on us... though it is difficult when the previous character was JOSEPH JOESTAR the best JoJo ever (he or maybe Jolyne). I am curious about what music will be at the OP.

17. cstar stay away from my waifu

Oh man I loooooooved the first episode of this so much. I'm really happy that I decided to read the manga before this started because I think I have much more of an appreciation for it. AND THE ANIMATION IS GORGEOUS OH THANK GOD THEY PUT THAT MONEY TO GOOD USE.

-clears throat-

Sorry. Anyway, so far I am definitely not disappointed, I can't wait to see the OP because JoJo OPs are always an event. And the music fits great too, I liked the one when the Jotaro-Avdul thing started see beema! I listened to the soundtrack this time. And now I'll just sit and stare at the calender for the next one.

18. Jin うごかないで

My favourite moment out of all within the first episode when we see

When we see Joseph pull out the photo of DIO (as he'll be reffered to within stardust crusader) and we see that he placed his head upon Jonathan's body. I can't wait to see "The WARRUDO World.

19. Bite the Dust Traverse Town Homebody

Updated the OP with more more Episode Titles, though I forgot to change the episode count while I was editting, so I'll get to that next time. Anyways, tomorrow is the release of the Full version of STAND PROUD so I'm excited for that. On top of that, David Production is releasing the Creditless version of the Opening to mark the release of the Single. That means high quality gifs without credits getting in the way. Super excited~

20. PirateNinjaHanyou Traverse Town Homebody

DEFINITELY the best thing I'm watching this season.

IT'S MAKING ME SO MUCH MORE HYPE FOR ALL STAR BATTLE OH GOD IS IT OUT IN THE STATES YET PLEASE