Novel JK Rowling's new book Announced!!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Clawtooth, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

[​IMG]

Source: Leaknews.com

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited, it's not what I was expecting AT ALL, but I'm glad it's got humour in it because JK ROwlings is amazing at it. Not really much else one can say at this point, other than September o.o ...

2. Korosu Kingdom Keeper

How exciting! From the that little blurb/snip it, it seems like my type of book. Looking forward to it.

3. Feenie Finny, Fin of the Feenie Fish

Finally! I've been dying to hear about her new book! I have to say it's not exactly what I was expecting from her, but all the same I know it's going to be brilliant. Cannot wait for it.

4. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

My body is ready!

This looks like a very interesting story, and I'm already guess in my head exactly what's going on. Knowing Rowling though, she'll take it a completely different way that's much better than what I could imagine. This will be an interesting read.

5. Always Dance Chaser

First thing I have to say is that I'm really glad that it's not a crime novel.

Second, this looks interesting enough. I've always like bourgeoisie-proletariat struggle stories and I've always really like novels that are "About towns" (Thanks for that one, IT). I'll definitely be getting this, I want to see whether I really loved Jo as a writer or whether I was just in love with the world she made. Or both.

6. ♥♦♣♠∟uxord♥♦♣♠ Banned

I think I'll wait for the movie.

7. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Oh cool, I never read her Harry Potter books by choice but the blurb really makes it sound very interesting. There appears to be a lot of war in it but it seemed well described, I look forward to hearing more information about it.

8. Willis Traverse Town Homebody

Thanks for posting this. I always wondered of she'd move on from Harry potter, and how she would proceed. I already like he sound of her new book. I'll be picking this up as soon as its available.

9. Daxa~ #stalker

My goodness me.
    This is just wonderful~
    I have been waiting to hear what her new book shall be about,and I must say,this one looks interesting.
    And I laughed when I saw the name "Barry". All because of these books about "Barry Trotter". Oh god. They disturbed me for life.
    But this is wonderful newssss,and I cannot wait.

10. Iskandar King of Conquerors

wasn't expecting anything like this. Not sure how to take this news. Is this supposed to be that adult version of books that she was working on or whatever? Because I thought I read somewhere that she was making a series of books for an older audience, since Harry Potter was for younger people

11. The Fuk? Dead

There are going to be a lot of disappointed Harry Potter fans who try to read this book.

12. Misty gimme kiss

I don't think so. I mean, liking one book by an author doesn't guarantee you'll like the rest, or that you'll even try to read the rest. Secondly, many Harry Potter fans are now either approaching or are in their twenties, and their tastes have matured.

This sounds really great, though. Definitely a multi-layered story, sounds like it's got a lot to it and something for everyone to relate to. We all know Rowling is a fantastic writer and I'll definitely be picking this book up. :)

13. Scarred Nobody Where is the justice?

She's also said that she is finished doing books within the Harry Potter series. Back in 2007, with that documentary that came out about her life, she was talking about her new project being a "political fairy tale".

14. Clawtooth Keelah se'lai!

Though I hasten to add that the polical fairytale was also billed as a children's book, so this is her thrid project which she was secretive about until now.

If this is a Jane Austen style social commentary with biting wit and true insight into the modern world, I will be very impressed. That's the sort of vibe I'm guessing from it.

15. Venderp Merlin's Housekeeper

Oh it's not a sequel to Harry Potter? Damn it, never mind... I'm kidding, I'm so looking forward to reading this. I like all the war going on.

16. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

And it's now up for per-order in waterstones, and set to come out on 27th of September, I've already per-ordered my copy, so I better get all the other books I've got to read before then.

17. jafar custom title

I was really hoping for a new series called Harry Potter's Children.

but seriously, this new book looks great and i cant wait to get my hands on it.

18. Soap Hollow Bastion Committee

I did not know that she was writing a new book, interesting. Looks like I'm going to have to finish all the over books I have started now. From the looks of it, it sounds good and interesting. Diffidently going to give it a read.

19. ShibuyaGato Transformation

Well, this is certainly a departure from the Harry Potter series.

I think I'd enjoy reading something like this.

20. flowergothic Twilight Town Denizen

Even though I only read the first 4 Harry Potter books, this is still exciting. (But I still do feel sorry for Harry Potter fans)
    But this is so EXCITING!!!!!!! =)