Jesse McCartney voicing for new KH project, hints of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix western release

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Peace and War, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Peace and War Bianca, you minx!

Jesse McCartney recently uploaded a picture, commenting that he is "Recording the next chapter!"

[​IMG]
    Here's the post: http://instagram.com/p/U4h_uvLg8g/

From the picture we can see a familiar scene from 'Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days' on the tv screen in the background of the recording studio. McCartney's character, Roxas, appears to be talking to Axel, both of them in their signature Organization coats in on top of their familiar hangout on top of the Twilight Town Clocktower.

This hints at the likely news, that has yet to be officially announced by Square Enix, that a western version of the upcoming Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMix is currently in the works!

I'm excited to finally hear news about this, however this is nothing official and we can only presume so far that it is in works... But if you ask me we're getting it! : D

Thanks to member Sabby for bring this to my attention!

Source: Instagram

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Peace and War, Jan 24, 2013.

1. libregkd
    2. 61
      this is great news. years ago if you had told me that I would be excited to hear that McCartney is doing something relevant to me i would have laughed at you, but i think that McCartney does some of the best voice work in the series, so to hear this is really exciting.
    3. jafar
      jafar
      So, pretty much all the games i had on the ps2 are now on the ps3. well, that's pretty freaking sweet. i am excited to hear more. also, lol at all those comments about not knowing he voiced video games.
    4. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      So those tweets were removed... kinda reminds of me of how James Patrick Stuart removed his status on Facebook about doing voice work for KH3D last year.

Well Square-Enix, if you don't like making early announcements, then really I'm thankful for the voice actors that spill the beans (intentional or not).[DOUBLEPOST=1359085020][/DOUBLEPOST]
      I would expect a battle scene to include battle cries.
    5. 61
      i was pretty disgusted by that. and then that one person at the end who conpletely ignored it and demanded more music. as if his music even comes close to his voice acting.
    6. jafar
      jafar
      yeah, it was honestly really rude. and his music does pretty much blow. it was still funny though.
    7. 61
      kinda shocking too. kh is relatively popular, and you would think that his fans would know that he voices in a popular video game series. some do, but still.
    8. jafar
      jafar
      i mean, they could just be fans because he was school when they were 10 and when it was the 90's. so it's not like they are super dedicated or care enough to know every sort of thing he does.
    9. exile0025
      exile0025
      *reads thread*......*goes and makes plans to get ps3*
    10. FF Cloud 7
      FF Cloud 7
      It's sad they have no choice but to re record Mickey and Diz with their new voice actors in Days. So I wonder about KH1. Isn't the cloud vs sephiroth cutscene suppose to get recorded (can't remember) If so then we'll know that sephiroth's new voice actor will have to re record the battle lines (when you well sora, fight him). It'll be good when we get an english trailer so THEN we have a better idea whats happening with the dubbing.
    11. Explode
      Explode
      I'm pretty sure there was no additional voice acting in the Cloud vs. Sephiroth scene, so unless they are changing it, that'll be in text bubbles.
    12. FF Cloud 7
      FF Cloud 7
      I thought I could remember reading that the text bubbles in that cutscene were going to get voice acted instead. But I could be remembering incorrectly or something. But I'll try to find it, worse case sanario I won't find it because it never existed.
    13. libregkd
    14. Krowley
      Krowley
      With Jesse recording new lines, Alyson Stoner (Voice of Xion) had also updated her website with her upcoming roles;

15. FF Cloud 7
      FF Cloud 7
      Yeah I know.

Well from a quick look (my internet is terrible thus the reason it took 20 times longer) I can't find it on kh-vids or kh13, I'm guessing the info is fake. but at a guess I read it from:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/684080-kingdom-hearts-hd-15-remix/64105791

Don't know about the persons source or anything, not going to check but at a guess that's where I read it. Voice acting would be nice obviously but I'm good with the text bubbles.
    16. Railos
      Railos
      Well, now I guess it's time for me to get a PS3, right after I beg my parents/save enough money, for me to get a 3DS.
    17. Explode
      Explode
      I'm glad that she's returning. I know it's what they did for the Japanese Xion, but I found it off-putting with Hayden Panettiere playing her in KH3D.
    18. kingdomheartsgeek
    19. Meilin Lee
      Meilin Lee
      Because Square-Enix didn't want us to know this soon
    20. Misty
      Misty
      I agree, I wish they would just choose who is doing it and stick with them. They sound rather similar and while I'm partial to Hayden (simply because she was the original), if Alyson Stoner is going to do it, let her do it!

I guess it would be confusing if they were switching Kairi's voice actress throughout the game, though I don't think there's any additional voice acting needed for Kairi, just Xion.