Jena 6 Support and News

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Repliku, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repliku Chaser

Hello everyone. I have a very serious matter to post and I hope that others will take it as critical as I do. If it is wrong to post a link to a petition to sign, then of course I will delete this.

However, I hope it is not. There is a very serious trial going on in Jena, Louisiana pertaining to 6 kids, 18 and younger who were attending a High School and have been brought up on very harsh charges for the crime they committed. This is a severe issue of racism and I urge you to read the following links, and to sign the petition if you feel it is as appalling as I do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jena_6
    http://www.petitiononline.com/aZ51CqmR/petition.html

Yes, the boys were wrong to do what they did, in attacking the person, but at the same time, they certainly do not merit 20 years or more in prison because of it. Something like that is rather unheard of where I am and many people throughout Louisiana are protesting these trials. Racism is a disease that seems strong in Jena and again, I apologize if I should not post this here, but I'm trying to do my part by spreading the word around. If others too can spread this around it would be a great help. The petition needs support from anyone in the U.S. so that these kids get a fair trial.

2. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Another example of how racism is still going strong and how law is NEVER the same as justice. I mean, that sounds like something that happens in movies set in like the 60's or something.

But, IMO almost everyone involved is in the wrong. But I also agree that the length of the sentence is just wrong. The law system there sounds downright laughable >_> Shaved monkeys could do better.

3. Mirai King's Apprentice

I agree... but we ARE shaved monkeys. :P Physically, anyways.

I agree with Repliku. Racism is still going strong in this country, especially here in the south. It needs to be stopped.

4. Patsy Stone Мать Россия

Lol I suppose you have a point there XD.

This reminds me of an incident where there was a peaceful protest against the KKK (must burn all of it's members >_>). Then members of the KKK arrived, took out shot guns and started shooting at the unarmed protestors. This was all filmed. It went to court, and they were left off as they were apparantly acting in 'self defence'.

My problem with this sort of thing is, the people in power/positions of power tend to be the bigoted ignorant people we would be much better without i.e. judges, super intendants, police chiefs etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.