Jealousy

Discussion in 'Help with Life' started by Fallen King, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Fallen King Kingdom Keeper

NoMethod Error `stupid_location' for nil:NilClass
    I've come to a conclusion that I'm a jealous guy when my girl is with her guy friends, it's not that i don't trust her, it's i don't trust them. i want to, but i cant. I get this just empty feeling inside my stomach. I was wondering is there anything i could do to over come this jealousy, I'm just kind of desperate to overcome what i hate being.

2. jackdaniel0 Twilight Town Denizen

Never been in a situation, and this probably is advice that sucks, but have you told your girl that you like her(If you do)? That could atleast put some pressure off you, or tell your girl how you feel about her being around her guy friends.

3. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

I believe it is his girlfriend.

Anyhow, I'm the same way, and actually, it doesn't necessarily have to do with trust at all. You just don't want to lose her, and I'm going to guess you feel inferior or that you don't deserve her. I'm a very jealous person, so I know the feeling, believe me. There isn't really anything you can do about it, because you feel she shouldn't be with them, because you're afraid. But you just have to convince yourself that it'll all be alright in the end, because, spoiler alert, it will.

You just have to realize that contrary to what you think, nothing will happen. That's all. Realize that, and you'll be OK.

4. Alpha Shadow Kingdom Keeper

I agree with Noroz, I'd just try to convince yourself that everything will be fine, just make sure you have trust in her, because if you don't trust her then how can she trust you? And don't sweat it either man, jealously is a common emotion we feel, it's nothing to be ashamed of, just know that everything will be fine, have trust in your girlfriend and as a result she'll trust you and things will be fine, heck even the jealously may disappear!

5. Fallen King Kingdom Keeper

NoMethod Error `stupid_location' for nil:NilClass
    That is Some of the best advice I've ever gotten on this subject. Thanks Noroz, it really did help a lot, Because, you described the exact way i feel(inferior, undeserving), and that's exactly how i do feel sometimes, like a few hours ago. But it goes away after a few hours. I gotta get out of this house more often, i'm tired of my small room. But hey, what makes up for it is i get to see her tomorrow.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

Well, if she's really your girlfriend and they're really your friends, they'll know better than to do something.
    If something does happen, then, and I know you won't like hearing this, she wasn't really into you in the beginning.

7. Noroz I Wish Happiness Always Be With You

Even though this is true, it is still something you wish to avoid. Also, it doesn't really have anything to do with the feeling of jealousy. As I explained, it's a feeling of inferiority and feeling non-deserving. The thing is, jealousy is usually an unjustified feeling. You know that something shouldn't happen, but due to the off-chance that something might happen, you feel this jealousy.

I often feel inferior and non-deserving, and believe that whomever I am with deserves better, and they know it as well. So when you think about your significant other being with someone who isn't you, you fear they will realize your illogical thoughts (They are not illogical to you), which, let's face it, wouldn't happen if they really cared for you. Jealousy is an unhealthy emotion, though, as it may make others believe you don't trust them, while in reality, it's only your own insecurity.

8. phoenixkh93 Gummi Ship Junkie

One thing I do know is try not to let it push her away. No matter how much you try to convince her otherwise, if you make a big thing of it she'll think you are blaming her, and that can lead to bitterness. Just think, it's you she's with, not them. It's you she picked. With that in mind keep friendly with the guys. If you're friends with them they are less likely to try anything funny. Jealousy can be an incredibly hard emotion to keep under control, it has a way of worming it's way into all your thoughts, but don't let it get in the way. Sounds like you have a good thing going :)