Kingdom Hearts Jafar Gets Extra Wishes?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX' started by A Zebra, Jun 6, 2013.

1. A Zebra Chaser

Been sitting on this topic for a while now

While making this video, something occurred to me
    Jafar makes FOUR wishes in KH1
    He has Genie kidnap Jasmine, then reveal the keyhole, then fight Aladin adn Sora... THEN turn into a Genie
    He cheated!

2. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Aladin made four wishes at the movies as well by tricking the gennie so It's only fair, maybe without saying "I wish".

3. Krowley Moderator

Technically, he never wished for Genie to kidnap Jasmine, Genie just has to reluctantly follow him since the one with the lamp makes the rules.
    Wish 1) Reveal the Keyhole
    Wish 2) Crush Sora and Friends
    Wish 3) Make him an all powerful Genie

4. cstar stay away from my waifu

I find it confusing because... where did Jasmine come from? I mean, if there was no wish for her to be kidnapped then how did she end up being kidnapped? I mean, other than the tricking part, you wouldn't think Genie would refuse to do that without a wish "no freebees" and whatnot. At the same time though in the movie he picked up the castle without being wished to do so...

5. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

Genie clearly has some amount of free will even when bound to grant a person's wishes. The original film demonstrates that well enough, but KH kinda seems to throw that out the window, as Genie appears to be forced to do whatever Jafar pleases. So either it's a plot hole or Nomura didn't understand how the lamp works. Not the most glamorous answer, but I don't see a more realistic one.

6. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I also thought of this as well the first time I played the game. But like what Krowley said, he didn't use his first wish to kidnap Jasmine. Jafar just commanded Genie to kidnap Jasmine. There's a difference between wishing and commanding in Genie's book, you know?

7. jafar custom title

Plotholes are everywhere, even in major games. it happens. at least this is a minor one (although im sure many more are afoot in a series as convoluted as KH)

8. AlexleHoshi Dude called Alex

It was the Heartless he told to find the princess, he only got his hands on Jasmine because Genie dropped her into a pot that was really a heartless when Jafar took control over him. It was Aladdin who wish for Jasmine to be saved

9. Xenao Traverse Town Homebody

When he fights Aladin he's under Jafars control ? therefore his wishes 'reset' because its a new owner

3 wishes each

10. Explode Who?!

Jafar never told Genie to capture her, and he didn't. Genie was in the middle of rescuing her, as per Aladdin's second wish, but got interrupted when the lamp switched owners. He disappeared back into the lamp while holder her, and she fell into a pot-spider Heartless, which was also under Jafar's control. The Heartless captured her. No plot hole there.

11. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

here is my question ... Jafar can, kill you because of the rule. but my quesiton is why can't Jafar kill you, he is an all powerful genie shouldn't he be strong enough to break the rules right?

12. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

I have always seen it as the rules are rules per se, they are limitations so they physically can't kill someone simply by wishing it like they have to grant the wishes of their master- it's all against their will and the rules are what make them who they are. Of course, he's an all powerful Genie so uses other means to try and kill them but they are less successful. I don't know if that is canon but that is how I always saw it.

13. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

But all powerfull that essencilly means that you can be more powerful than the rules but other than the theory yes as iogo (i forgot how to spell the parrot's name) said "you can be surprised what you can live through.

14. A Zebra Chaser

Not really, no, it has nothing to do with the rules. If you're a Genie you have to live by the rules of a Genie. Genie has infinite cosmic power, as he states, but the ruels of a Genie are what keeps them in check.

15. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

Yeah, Genie is a good genie and respects the rules but Jafar, I'm sure, could care less about them, if they get in his way then he won't follow them- that's just his character, his goal is number one priority. In the film he wishes to be an evil sorcerer which would mean he could easily kill Aladdin but then his thirst for power drives him to become a genie which is his downfall. If the rules didn't matter then he could hold being trapped in the lamp off until he kills Aladdin but they are what stops Jafar. What I'm trying to say is the rules govern genies, they aren't there to be broken so he can't be more powerful than the rules otherwise they wouldn't be able to trap him in the lamp at the end of the film.

16. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

I know that Jafar is bound by the rules I am just saying I was shocked he hasn't freed himself yet.

17. Hiro ✩ Guardian

Rules of a Genie state you can't free yourself, you have to be freed.

18. O13 Follower Twilight Town Denizen

WAIT, where does it actually say that. If that is real please show me where it says that.

19. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I should think it's kind of obvious since he can't free himself, and Genie basically implies it when he gets freed by saying "Free at laaaaast! 10,000 years yadda yadda yadda"...

20. Explode Who?!

Exactly. Genie views his lamp as an enslavement, and it binds Jafar at the end of Aladdin. Not much of enslavement if you can just free yourself. I think they would have done that already if it were possible.

They can't come out unless they have a master.