iTunes Library Help

Discussion in 'Technology' started by The Lone Wanderer, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Lone Wanderer Twilight Town Denizen

So I recently got a new computer and finally got all my music onto it. I know that syncing iPods and the like is really annoying because of the way iTunes determines its library. So I basically want the transition to be easy when it comes to syncing my iPhone. How do I do this, if its even possible.

2. Misty gimme kiss

So you're looking to import the old iTunes library onto your new computer?

Well there's a few ways to do it. The easiest imo is if you've got an iTunes store account, set up Home Sharing. Share the old library over the network, and on the new computer, simply select everything and hit 'import'.

If not, if you've got a big enough flash drive (an external hard drive will work nicely too), you could use this method:
    http://www.squidoo.com/copy_itunes_library

3. The Lone Wanderer Twilight Town Denizen

Does sharing the library actually copy the music files? Because I already transferred them to my new computer.

4. Blayz Mods Set The World A Blayz

well MY question is what is the directory in which you want to copy your music files TO?

5. The Lone Wanderer Twilight Town Denizen

I basically just have a music folder on my desktop. Its the same way on both computers.

6. Chevalier Crystal Princess

I think you can move your music files directly from the iPod, just enable your new computer to view hidden files, and on the folder in your ipod, called Ipod control...you can get the files completely, from the iPod itself.

7. The Lone Wanderer Twilight Town Denizen

Thanks for all the help but I think I figured it out. Im just going to have to redownload all my apps and and redo my settings. You can lock this now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.