Support Issue with Skype

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Glen, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Glen Returned from the dead

So I use Skype on a daily basis, rely on it heavily, and skype has at last betrayed me. In a particular group chat I will be in the chat and everything will be fine for a few days, and then suddenly this happens. In case it wasn't obvious, I'm referring to the little exclamation mark inside the yellow triangle. Now, I can hover over the symbol and it tells me nothing, but I have deduced that it is in fact a notification to tell me my message wasn't delivered.

I am able to sometimes see messages getting sent through while that symbol is there, and other times I miss entire days of messages (and constantly am unable to send messages in both instances). I can tell you right now there is a fix to it, albeit a temporary one. This fix is removing me from the chat, and then simply adding me back. However the administrators of the chat are not always online and thus I can go a very long time without it being solved, so if it is at all possible I would like a permanent fix.

Some additional information: The creator of the chat has been removed from my contacts list while I was in the chat twice I believe, but is currently one of my contacts, and I have left the chat itself several times. Unfortunately I cannot leave the chat myself as the system command will not be sent through. I have uninstalled and re-installed Skype several times in the hopes of stopping it but it does not solve the issue.

IMPORTANT: In the chat there are two administrators. The one that I had previously removed from contacts that I now do have as a contact is still unable to add me back to the chat.

If anyone can give me a reason why it's happening and/or a permanent fix to this, I would be eternally grateful. Thank you in advance.