Is Utada Hikaru planning on making a new single for KH3?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Zexal_123, Jul 12, 2013.

?

Should Utada Hikaru Sing for KH3 intro?

Poll closed Jul 19, 2013.
  1. Yes

90.9%
  2. No

9.1%
  3. Don't Care?

4.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hiro ✩ Guardian

She herself said Disney wasn't paying her enough, so she had no interest in working with them.

2. Noise For Love and Justice

D:<<<<<<<<<<

They better pay her!!!! I am sure they will though....at least I am hoping.

3. jafar custom title

nah, i wasnt really a fan of those songs. i'd like to see some other band or maybe even an original song

4. varxtis Moogle Assistant

My Opinion:
    Hikaru Utada has affixed a certain nostalgia to the Kingdom Hearts Franchise (at least for the Xehanort Saga), regardless of how much Square and Disney have over used the same songs (which I am in much agreement to). However, to me, she is part of the game... more like part of Sora, Riku and Kiari. To me, her songs are their theme to their journeys, and they always recall home with her music. I think if she and disney were able to compromise, come to an agreement, she would be able to bring something so beautiful, nostalgic, and bitter sweet that would bring the Xehanort Saga to a close, especially if she brought some of that Sakura Nagashi feel to the atmosphere. It was funny, before I ever saw Eva 3.0, I heard Sakura Nagashi. When I heard it, I immediately pictured, and more importantly felt, the post apocalyptic bitter-sweet scene that she painted with her melody. When I saw the movie, I almost cried when seeing the scene almost exactly as I pictured. VERY few artists can do that to me. I would feel like there is something lacking, something out of place, if Hikaru Utada did NOT do the next KH Theme Song. If they didn't, the song would most likely be beautiful and go well, but again, it's Utadas Melody, her voice that I hear when I think of KH: The Xehanort Saga. I wish I were better with my words more poetic, because these words pale in comparison to the feeling I'm trying to relate. Whats sad, is I'm posting this with a knowledge that Utada and Disney probably couldn't care less about boards like these, but I still post hoping they see :( If there is a petition, I will sign.

5. Misty gimme kiss

http://jetaany.org/magazine_files/utada.pdf
    That's the interview we're all going off from. Nowhere in it does she say she hates RPG games, I think it just comes down to lack of interest and money (from Disney). It's from 2009. Whether her thoughts have changed on the matter is pure conjecture.

6. varxtis Moogle Assistant

Wow, I can understand her concern. It did seems like Simple and clean sent a different message than Hikari, and same for Passion and Sanctuary. I never really thought about that, but I guess it would feel pretty forced to take something you created and forcefully make it something completely different as long as it sounds the same. Hmm... interesting. Well, It'd be nice if they just kept with Japanese only versions in my opinion. I appreciated Hikari and Passion far more than their English counterparts anyway. Hearing a Japanese song in an English game I think would help make the feel more culturally expansive. Besides, Utada is beyond Pro status in her ability to seamless tie english verses into japanese Song (Sakura Nagashi and Final Distance are prime examples) Sometimes I think US goes too far in "catering" to pin heads that arn't okay in diversifying to other languages other than russian and spanish. Its the "can't understand it so it's automatically stupid" type mentality that Disney and Square are having to deal with when releasing to a country like US. But who knows... go on a leap of faith and cater to the vast anime following thats developed in the US where people watch anime and listen to music in Japanese all the time and just keep the next Theme Song Japanese across the board. US, Land of rights and diversity, unless that is you have to diversify... then you're encroaching on their rights to be narrow minded pinheads lol.

7. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

It would be wiser to make the song English only. As Kingdom Hearts is a world wide phenomenum and english is more accesible than japonese. Most people probably know Simple & Clean, and Sanctuary, and not Hikari and Passion. And over all whenever they chose something to keep in both versions is usually in english: The names "Heartless", whenever there is a Final Mix they get the english voices, not to mention various sections of the menu like Dive/Drive/Magic etc.. even the magic are said in english even if written in japonese. And finally Japonese audience is inclined to use english words in japonese pop culture.

Not to mention that Disney is trying to "force" Disney characters to stay with their "english names", when I was a kid tinkerbell was "Sininho", Daisy was "Margarida" now it is just "Tinkerbell" and Daisy.. so is just easier to make the contrats with disney keeping all in english brandwise.

I know that some deep fans like anime fans (like myself) prefer j-rock/pop songs than the "english version", but I think Kingdom Hearts had done a good job with it, and I wouldn't care if there was only this version.

8. Labrys King's Apprentice

No, not anymore. I lost my interest in her after her songs were used in 80% of the kh AMVs and in all of the games. If they need a new song, I'd prefer something even better.

9. Misty gimme kiss

I agree--especially because the Kingdom Hearts series has a pretty established fanbase (and is quite clearly a Japanese game, even if Disney is a more Western inclusion), I don't know how many people they'd scare away with a Japanese theme song.

I don't mind Simple & Clean but I find the transition from Passion to Sanctuary rather offensive--Sanctuary is a decent song and I do believe Utada did a great job translating it, but to me, it doesn't come close to Passion (away-hey-heyyyyy-yeahhh).

I'm glad you mentioned Final Distance too, I think it could make a great theme for Kingdom Hearts III, especially if accompanied with the m-flo remix.

10. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

haha Yeah but the English version lyrics seems more to the story than passion.

11. C This silence is mine

Since Disney doesn't seem to want to pay people, they'll just get the guy who's around to do the new one: Jesse McCartney. His music career is long dead, so he'd probably even do it for free. Do it Disney, you know you want to.

As for Utada, I don't really care if she stays or goes.