Is Utada Hikaru planning on making a new single for KH3?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Zexal_123, Jul 12, 2013.

?

Should Utada Hikaru Sing for KH3 intro?

Poll closed Jul 19, 2013.
  1. Yes

90.9%
  2. No

9.1%
  3. Don't Care?

4.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Zexal_123 Moogle Assistant

We all LOVE Hikari (Simple & Clean) and Passion (Sanctuary) from KH1 and KH2. That being said, what will be the next musical score for KH3?
    Will there be another vocal singer? or was it already confirmed that Utada Hikaru is planning to make another hit single for the franchise?

We are all excited for KH3, no doubt, and the purpose of this thread is to find out if anyone on KH-Vids knows anything about Utada affiliation with KH3. kingdom-hearts-3.jpg utada_hikaru.jpg

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

No one knows tbh. She's been on a hiatus for some time. I do hope she eventually returns for KH3. But if she can't make it, then, as much as it pains me to say it, we need someone else to do a theme song, because we really need a new one already!

3. GhettoXemnas literally dead inside

Yeah I'm really hoping for a new theme song from here because as much as I love Hikari and Passion they have been done to death. When Birth By Sleep's intro came on and it was Hikari's techno remix, a bit of me died inside.

4. Zexal_123 Moogle Assistant

I agree We do need a new one they better not use any of the two old ones because they are getting too old, and I want KH3 fresh out of the Giving Tree!

5. 61 No. B

This.

Though I thought I read somewhere that she wouldn't be making any more because she wanted more money and Disney was unwilling to give here more. Am I just imagining that, or did that actually happen? I hope whatever happened she'll make another on par of the past two.

6. libregkd -

7. Mish smiley day!

I really doubt she will return for another Kingdom Hearts song. It's a shame because I really love Simple and Clean/Sanctuary + the Japanese versions and the KH games wouldn't be the same without them. I would welcome another artist with open arms though.

As well as Disney allegedly 'not paying', Utada also states that writing a song in both Japanese and English is "a strain" and "frustrating". Her words.

EDIT: I voted no on the poll because although I would like her to make another song, if she doesn't want to and she's not contractually obliged to, she shouldn't have to lol.

8. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

I'm hoping she does. I also voted for don't care because I don't mind if she doesn't. I don't think the intro would be the same without her music.

9. Ars Nova Just a ghost.

10. Chevalier Crystal Princess

She was supposedly on Hiatus, but she's been doing some music for the Evangelion re-makes.

While I hope they get her, I also wouldn't mind someone new as long as it's someone just as good as her.

11. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I sure hope so. While it pains me that there is a very high chance that Utada Hikaru might not make a new song for KHIII, I just hope that Square would get someone just as good or even better than Utada Hikaru to write a new song.

12. Light-Rune Maven Seer

I wonder if the third song will be dearly beloved with lyrics... Probably just wishful thinking. I also realize not everyone wants that, and a part of me agrees, but...
    Anyway, I also hope she does it, or that they at least get someone as good as her. I also agree that she should not have to do it if she does not want too. My opinions anyway...

13. RifleRiku Traverse Town Homebody

Thinking back on it, I think they'll do an orchestral Sanctuary/Passion. They haven't done that as an opening yet. Dream Drop Distance was the orchestra version of Simple and Clean/Hikari.... So it makes sense, right?

14. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

They at least changed the simple & clean / Passion at Kingdom Hearts 3D, sure it was an old song... but this gives me hope to KH III.
    I don't know if it will be her, but I sure would like it.

15. nasirrich King's Apprentice

I'll end you on the spot so watch your six
    I'm hoping she does, but as we know she doesn't like rpg games. I would want to see what amazing and elegant song she can come up with next, but if they have to get someone I just hope they don't try to be Utada. That would annoy the hell out of me. Because if you want to let the fans know just because I'm not Utada I'm still good at what I do please do it by being yourself. Don't please these egg heads or arrogant mouth running idiots who don't know anything but their own way of thinking.

They are the reason why great game series get ruined for how far up that ego is of theirs claiming that their way is the best way and should always be. No your slow and don't deserve life on the planet.

If there is a new singer make me feel the way Utada does on her songs for the first and second game. Don't be her just be yourself that's all I have to say on the whole if there's going to be a new singer.

16. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

If I remember correctly, she quit after KH2 because on top of Disney not paying her enough, they also took the licensing for both songs so they wouldn't have to pay for every time they rehash them. She also really hated having to rewrite them for English audiences. With all of that, it's really unlikely that she's going to return.

17. Noise For Love and Justice

Oh she totally will.

She came out of hiatus to create a new song for the 3rd Evangelion Remake Evangelion 3.0 You can (not) redo (November 2012).

(sorry you had to get a fan vid but I couldn't find a the right version with the right artwork)

She said she came out for this movie because she was such a big fan and I have a feeling she will for this game too because this game helped her reestablish an English audience.

She will and she might even be out of hiatus by the time the game comes out who knows? But I have no doubt that she will.

18. mrhappypanda Moogle Assistant

I swear "Sakura Nagashi", in my opinon, is better than any of the previous songs she has made for kingdom hearts, I really hope that she brings the same vibe over to Kingdom Hearts that she brought to Evangelion because it left an impression on me. There has never been a better time for her to come back from her hiatus.

19. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

What about the whole "quitting the Kingdom Hearts franchise" thing?

20. Noise For Love and Justice

I COMPLETELY AGREE!

It was one of those songs that I hated listening to because I didn't want to get used to it and it would lose its "new-ness" (if that makes sense)

Just imagine what Square Enix could do with a song like that!! Ugh its fantastic.[DOUBLEPOST=1374769799][/DOUBLEPOST]

Where did you hear this?