Is there such a thing as too much Pokemon?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Odamadillo, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

Recently I hav found myself watching Pokemon while also playing My Pokemon games which are Heartgold, Ruby, Sapphire, Leafgreen, Black2, Colliseum, Conquest, Blue Rescue Team, Ranger, Shadows of Almia, the original Pokemon blue and even Pokemon Stadium for the N64. Since X and Y are out now I am wondering is getting that going to be too much Pokemon or what?
    An I also found myself writing a Pokemon Fanfiction which I will show anyone who is interested.

2. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

You know, I used to think that way, refusing to accept anything past Gen 1. Man, I was such an idiot back then. But during the last year, my views drastically changed. I now accept all the new generation Pokemon. There are a ton of great designs. And playing Pokemon X, I actually find it to be the best Pokemon game since the original (but that's just my opinion).

Oh, and Fennekin <3

3. Mr. Van Whippy ♥ Biscuits and cookies

There's never too much Pokemon.

4. Laurence_Fox Chaser

Personally, I haven't played Pokemon since Gen 1. Just haven't kept up with it. But there's been some wonderful designs that have come out since then. I also like the creativity behind some of the concepts.

5. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

There is a such thing as too much Pokemon. I personally think Pokemon is bad and has been pretty much since the beginning. For me, hearing people talk about how much they care about it and invest themselves in it and enjoy it every day is incredibly grating and painful, the same way I dislike hearing about Doctor Who or Homestuck or MTG or Bleach or CSI or anything else that people incessantly natter on about to no foreseeable end. For you, being on the other side of this equation is a joy and I hope you treasure that because there will probably come a time when you're done. You'll get bored of it or you'll find that it's becoming an unhealthily large part of your life that's actually affecting your ability to progress or you'll just be done with that part of your life. It happens with a lot of things that people entertain themselves with and in a way it's a good thing because you're growing as a person and becoming a more mature and complete person without letting your past hold you down and in another way it's sad because you're leaving something behind that you'll never get back. My point is, when you don't want Pokemon anymore, that's when you know you've had too much. That's when you'll know what too much Pokemon feel like.

6. Vagineer Hollow Bastion Committee

I think it can be too much if you play it non-stop for a few days....

I like all of the generations, II being my favorite, but I never played X or Y yet so I can't say anything about it yet.

7. Hiro ✩ Guardian

...Even I don't do that.

:l

8. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

The problem of this many pokemons is that the objective of "catching all" got lost , most players will never have them all, even at the first two generations it wasn't easy to have all nowdays is almost impossible... maybe this problem will be mitigated by "PokemonBank", but how it is now it is impossible to have all. You just got overwhelmed by their number just like the number of animals in earth, if this is the new thing it is ok, but because they still sell it as one of the games objectives

9. LARiA Twilight Town Denizen

Allergic to passion.

10. DigitalAtlas Don't wake me from the dream.

Well, you're watching a bad anime, playing a bunch of games that are the same, and writing fanfiction which is always a bad idea. I love the games, but take a break dude.

11. Jiku Neon Kingdom Keeper

That's not the case at all. I don't know if I show it or not, but I am quite passionate myself. I have things I enjoy as well. But I don't think that what I described should be characterized as passionate. The people who annoy me most don't think. What I mean by that is they don't try to deconstruct the things they like or really get to know them in a meaningful way. They'll accept things as they are at face value and preach their personal gospel to the world. They annoy me because they just say they like something and won't think about why or what they like about it or why other people don't like it or what other ways they could be looking at it. They simple say things like, "Doctor who is amazing, you must watch it!" "You have no soul if you don't like My Little Pony!" And so on. I really just think that closing yourself to possibilities and living in your own expectation free zone is disgusting. I think that the lack of passion is truly what gets me, because even though I don't like a lot of communities I respect the few from each of them who do really know their subject and really understand it and its place in the world.

Anyhow, I probably did an awful job of explaining it, but I tried because I found that comment slightly offensive. To say that I'm not passionate about the things I do and the things I love is insulting. To say that I don't care about anything is, honestly, a bit hurtful. So there.

12. Mysty Unknown

Too much is certainly something. I like pokemon. I really enjoy it. Not because its just something a vast majority do, its because it speaks to my childhood, and I enjoy watching the developing story and even create my own. Its the kind of things to let your imagination run wild. Now, that doesn't mean one should obsess over it. I know when it gets boring and old and annoying. What you are doing is burning the passion away very rapidly. Doing all of those at the same time will eventually lead you to not wanting anything to do with it for a long time. I did the same thing between Diamond and Pearl and Black and White. It wasn't until B2W2 that I found the passion to enjoy myself with the games again. But the point is, just slow down and take the time to appreciate it. Don't let the fire just blaze then die.

13. Odamadillo Twilight Town Denizen

I've already burned out once before. I lost interest when Ruby and Sapphire came out and only got the passin back recently.