Is SE still serious about KH III on XBOX One?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Ty, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Ty Traverse Town Homebody

As an owner of the PS4, I still intend to purchase a One sometime in the future and I'm very much interested in 100%-ing KH III on both consoles, but I'm concerned about the devolpment on the One. First off, if there's something I'm missing, please stop me and tell me I'm stupid. I haven't been keeping up with the title as much as most of you have, so my apologies.

Now, after reading Nomura's recent interviews, I don't believe I've read a single sentence about the XBOX One. For the little bit that he talks about the game, all I've seen is how excited he is to work with the PS4 and PS Vita compatibility. Next, on the "Now in development" screen after the D23 trailer - albeit two versions of the trailer were released: one with that particular screen and one without - it only lists the PS4. Another concern I have is the omittance of the HD titles on the XBOX 360, leaving KH III to be the first Kingdom Hearts title on a Microsoft platform. If their primary goal is to gain new fans through the HD remakes, then what's the point of introducing XBOX users to the series through a game that holds the conclusion to the Xehanort saga?

Again, if I've missed something and this is just me being an idiot, I apologize. But, I'd love to get a discussion going here about this.

2. libregkd -

3. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Reason I believe the PS4 is mostly mentioned in interviews is because Microsoft consoles in general barely have any influence in Japan, hence why Nomura would keep mentioning the PS4. Also, here's an excerpt from a Nomura interview back in July:

4. Ty Traverse Town Homebody

5. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

Now that you mention it, I do remember Nomura discussing the Xbox One a bit (not a lot though) back during E3, a North American event, as opposed to D23 Japan and after, where it felt as though he was ignoring it. I guess it all depends on where the game is currently being promoted.