Is Kingdom Hearts II Easier than Kingdom Hearts?

Discussion in 'General & Upcoming Kingdom Hearts' started by Amaury, Aug 12, 2013.

1. fire mage Hollow Bastion Committee

Kingdom Hearts 1 wasn't hard just frusterating to say the least. I hate that they have no map at all when you go to the worlds and you have to back track an awful lot. The trinity points are hard to find since they don't have them listed in the journal entry. I so much like Kingdom Hearts 2 better. I want Kingdom Hearts II 2.5 to come out so that we can fight the nobodies who are extremely hard.:)

2. Ienzo ((̲̅ ̲̅(̲̅C̲̅r̲̅a̲̅y̲̅o̲̅l̲̲̅̅a̲̅( ̲̅̅((>

KH2 has reaction commands, drive forms and REFLECT! Man, that spell was a life saver so many times but also a sure way to kill any boss. I found KH2 so much easier than the first one because of these additions (I rarely used summons O.o) and so I have just played the game a lot more.

When I played KH1 I had a lot of trouble on the first run through but I am slowly going through it again and I had to level about 5 levels between worlds just to feel confident that I wouldn't have too much trouble which then made everything go a lot slower. Now I'm not great at the Kingdom Hearts games but I have had very few problems with playing KH2 even on proud mode but I have played it a lot more and am more used to the controls than the first game.

The ways of healing are different yes but you can basically spam reflect in KH2 until you have about 1MP and then still heal yourself so I don't think it's a system that is much different (unless you heal yourself first then you can't use reflect/fire/blizzard etc.)

3. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

Am I the only one who find KH2 harder? I never dead fighting normal enemies in the first game, but in KH2 i did. Drive forms are useless against bosses because of the high rate of antiform. Underlevel KH2 playtrough is difficult, I can't beat even Jafar

4. Menos Grande Kingdom Keeper

Anti form did saved me against Demyx, anti-glide and a lot of cool abilities are available in this form! The only problem is that you need to come back to normal only to deliver the finish blow.

5. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

But you take a lot of damage. A day I almost killed Xaldin, then I chose drive form for error, and I lost.

6. Amaury Legendary Hero

I was thinking of this again, and I thought of something else.

In Kingdom Hearts, especially in boss battles, you are constantly getting hit (e.g., Giant Ursula), and if Cure worked in Kingdom Hearts like it did in Kingdom Hearts II, there would be no way to get past those bosses. However, in Kingdom Hearts II, it seems like you get hit less, going back to my earlier statement: it's easier to last until MP is restored for Sora, Donald, Auron, Simba, or Riku.

7. Dredica SNES was the best.

I have to agree with this one. Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix' Critical Mode is, in my opinion, the most challenging Kingdom Hearts game. I never chose the shield so you can imagine how hard it was for me to play it. Critical Mode and Cavern of Remembrance together, along with the data fights, are far more difficult than End of the World and the bosses therein. Kingdom Hearts Proud vs Critical Mode, there would be some debating there, but overall I still feel like Critical Mode is more punishing, if not just by a small amount more. I just finished Kingdom Hearts Final Mix on Proud and once you get to around level 50-60, the game eventually stops being so challenging at its end, but Critical Mode halves your health and doubles the damage taken, so even a higher level on that will still end you more than in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix, at least from my experience. So I'd say overall Critical Mode is slightly more challenging than Proud on Kingdom Hearts, and if not just slightly more, than just equally as difficult.

I don't know about that, the boss battles in Kingdom Hearts II are pretty fast-paced, especially the data fights. Organization members are more relentless than a lot of the Kingdom Hearts bosses, in my opinion. Xigbar, Xaldin, Xemnas, Saix, Roxas, even some of the Disney bosses.

One thing nobody is saying is the difference of difficulty in the Gummi Ship. I don't really recall which one is harder, but Kingdom Hearts II's Gummi Ship was 1,000 times better. It was faster, visually impressive too, and so, so much more fun. I'd actually replay the Gummi Ship missions in Kingdom Hearts II just because of how much entertainment I got out of them. I never replayed the Gummi Ship missions in Kingdom Hearts unless I had to, to go back to another world. So that's something to consider, I guess.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  8. Chad Thundercucc The dharma of valvu; the dream of a clatoris

KH1 was SOOO much harder. I was playing KH1.5 and I was at the End of the World and after you defeat the gargoyle, you have like 4-5 back-to-back boss-like fights, and you can't leave half way through and heal yourself. I'm level 52, and I'm still somehow underpowered for a near-end game level. That's hard as hell.

In KH2, I didn't even die once when I was fighting Xemnas and his many forms.

9. DanceWaterDance Twilight Town Denizen

So I'm the only one who finds KH2 more difficult, great, that means I really sucks at playing lol