Is it customary in America to scream your face off during your national anthem?

Discussion in 'The Spam Zone' started by Luna Lovegood, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAple Suru-
    WHAT! DO YOU HAVE NO SHAME! We cannot survive without syurp

2. Kites Chaser

i like hockey because the refs allow fights it's so funny

3. Aelin Best Waifu

that is my favourite part of hockey too.
    [video=youtube;wmimLBSTEUw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmimLBSTEUw[/video]

4. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    Isn't honey more plentiful, sweet, and healthy?

5. Aelin Best Waifu

maple syrup is still better. who puts honey on waffles? i prefer maple syrup

6. Terra254 Traverse Town Homebody

The dust bowl of the mid to late thirties
    Me too, But I'm just saying.

7. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

[​IMG]

I've been on the internet long enough that I should have foreseen the impending bickering.

Oops.

8. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

I really hope you are trolling.

Try to think of a bully bigger or a nation more self-righteous than the US. Try to think of a country that has killed as any people as the US has. Think about a country with as many economic depressions as the US. Think about how little you know of the outside world. Think of how many if not most people from other countries knows English and another language, including several members on this site. Think about how little most people you know seem to know about anything. Think about how zealous the religious are in the US.

If you take a group of American citizens and put them next to a group of citizens from another civilized country picked at random, who do you think would rate higher on a test? First IQ and then knowledge.

I cannot think of anything that the US has over other countries other than firepower and buying power.

/rant

9. Hayabusa Venomous

Advertising power?

That and producing the most expensive films that I know of.

10. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Both of those fall under buying power. You need money to make money in both of those areas.

11. KeybladeSpirit [ENvTuber] [pngTuber]

Buying power that, I might add, was loaned to us by other countries.

Also, we really are the land of opportunity. There are so many stupid people to exploit!

And don't forget that we're the subject of more conspiracy theories than any other country in the world. You could power New York City for a year with the raw conspiracy power focused on us.

12. Hayabusa Venomous

Ah, yeah that makes sense.

13. The Fuk? Dead

Hitler loved his country. Therefore, anyone who loves his country is as bad as Hitler.

I rest my case. Court dismissed. Bring in the dancing lobsters.

14. Aelin Best Waifu

so you are saying no one can be patriodic. just because i love Canada i am going to be as bad as hitler. that is not a good arguement. he was one person not everyone is like that

15. Makaze Some kind of mercenary

Hitler also loved cats and Walt Disney.

16. Loxare Hollow Bastion Committee

Personally, I notice that Americans are loud and patriotic when they're actually in America. When they go on holiday to somewhere that isn't North America or Europe, they tend to pretend they're Canadian.

Canadians on the other hand are not very patriotic at all. I know a few people who don't know the lyrics to O Canada. But when we leave the country, we cover ourselves with Canadian flag pins and everyone loves us.

17. Guardian Soul hella sad & hella rad

Nazi Germany

Okay I'm sort of stumped on this one. xD Every country has a perk.

Russia. Britain. France. Portugal. Spain. Germany. Would you like me to continue?

Just look at that list of countries from the last question.

Considering how many times I've been asked how things were like when I lived in the US and how different things were. This doesn't only apply to the US. The world is huge. A lot of us don't realize how much we don't know until we actually go to another part of it. I think a lot of people from other countries can vouch for me when I say that. And if you want an actual country that's as cut-off from the world as you think the US is, I give you Japan. Despite what most people think, they're not really world savvy and can be quite xenophobic.

Just gonna say that the same thing can be said about England. To be honest, I know quite a few Americans who can speak other languages and there's also the case of English becoming a lingua franca. We don't learn it because we're "smarter" or anything but because it's becoming somewhat of a necessity. So many of my teachers say that I'll do so well in the job market because I'm bilingual. And also I think you're overestimating how many people in foreign countries know English. I'm the only one in my school(so 1 out of 1000) who's fluent in English. We learn English just like you guys learn Spanish, German, French or any other language. And just like in your classes, there are a lot of people who just do the bare minimum to pass.

>comes from a country where over 90% percent of the population is Christian

Best shush yo mouth, son!

I would use Brazil as an example but it's considered a developing country while the US is developed. And I don't feel confident in answering for another country so somebody else can answer this.

Diversity? The US is very much a melting pot if you haven't noticed. I don't know where you grew up but I met a lot of people from various cultures when I lived in the US.

I also wanted to know. For those of you throwing around the national debt. Do any of you even know how national debt works?

Let it be known that I'm not American as well. So no patriotic fervor right here.

18. Sabby Sleepy Panda Assassin

Creator requested to be locked

have a good day <3

[CLOSED]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.