Television Is Avatar just a bad Naruto?

Discussion in 'Movies & Media' started by Trigger, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Trigger hewwo uwu

I mean both have:
    1. A protagonist with some type of ancient power (be it demon or ability to control all elements) that bestows an expectation and social stigma around them
    2. An angsty character who steals half the showtime and switches alliances constantly while following their "dark path" thanks to a dark past with their family
    3. Said angsty character having rivalry with their siblings
    4. Elemental based powers
    5. Council of those who rule the land
    6. Badass quiet kids who have highly unnaturally high skill controlling the Earth elements
    7. Everyone gets paired off at the end
    8. Spin-off shows about new generations exploring new timeline in the settings that fans constantly cannot agree if they have any worth
    There has to be something to this.

2. Iskandar King of Conquerors

I think it's mainly because you just laid off some of the most common and used tropes in most fantasy stories. There's usually always an angsty character, whether or not they're the ones that are down the "dark path", usually some kind of sibling rivalry, and a council, and etc. etc. Just really depends on how you use them I guess.

3. Plums Wakanda Forever

everyone knows Harry Potter is the real bad Naruto ripoff

1. parents killed tragically by power hungry jerk
    2. protagonist is the chosen one as foretold by prophecy, slated to defeat a great evil
    3. annual competition between rival countries
    4. awful man who is obsessed with dead woman only acts in what he believes is love out of the woman but is really a creepy, unrequited crush
    5. death of beloved old man mentor who was kind of grooming the hero to probably die
    6. hero ends up with heroine who originally crushed on him

I can go all day, mang

4. Shiki my waifu is better than yours, thanks

5. Iskandar King of Conquerors

And this is my point exactly. You kinda gotta wonder if there's a story out there that doesn't take a million common tropes and still does really well.

6. 61 No. B

yes

7. ♥♦♣♠Luxord♥♦♣♠ Chaser

With this line of thinking FFVII is just a sub-par Captain Planet.

8. rheds Banned

I cannot believe you just said that! Avatar is NOT a bad Naruto! OMG, the nerve!!! It's another cool plot line in itself!

9. Labrys King's Apprentice

To be fair, the first part of Naruto is a rip off of Hunter x Hunter. Especially if you look at Sasuke and Kurapika.

Sooooo no one's gonna talk about how Zamasu from Dragonball Super have a little TOO MUCH in common with Shinobu Sensui from Yu Yu Hakusho?
    Ok.

10. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

The show in general is basically just a bootleg anime. And so is RWBY.

11. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

Finally someone who agrees with me on this. For some reason people say they hate/dislike anime yet they love stuff like Avatar: The Last Airbender and RWBY. What sense does that make? If I didn't l know better I'd think Avatar The Last Airbender WAS an anime. It's got the same aesthetics and everything. And has even been commonly mistaken for being an anime for that reason. I guess it's true that we live in a world where nobody wants to say what's really on their mind. They'd never have the balls to admit that the Anime aesthetics, depth and detail are the reason why they love Avatar and RWBY so much. Though I personally don't see the appeal of RWBY. The animation/art style is crappy, the action isn't that great, the characters and story are bland, dull, forgettable and uninteresting, and overall it just feels like a low budget bootleg anime. And a pretty weak attempt at anime at that.

I must say I am legitimately curious about why so many people say they hate anime yet they love bootleg anime like Avatar The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra and RWBY. That makes absolutely no sense. People really ought to think about the joys anime has brought before they badmouth it. Anime has inspired a lot of great series today. With bootleg Avatar: The Last Airbender, bootleg RWBY, And even The Lion King being among these things. Yet they choose to ѕhit on Anime without even thinking about this.
    (Not many people know this but yes, The inspiration for The Lion King was a really old anime called Kimba The White Lion)

12. Hitokiri Shinigami Shinta The Demon Slayer

I can name more similarities to add to that list.

9. Katara and Sakura are both bossy and both have healing abilities. (Both even use the same pose to heal)

10. Naruto has Wind Type Chakra while Aang is a master of Airbending. (Even though he was destined to master all four elements)

11. Naruto and Aang both have a second state. Naruto has the nine-tailed fox sealed inside him and Aang has the avatar state. Both states can have devastating effects when not controlled.

12. Naruto has a strong friendship & hate rivalry relationship with Sasuke while Aang has the exact same thing with Zuko.

13. Zuko & Sasuke both have to face a member of their own family.

14. Both Zuko and Sasuke can use fire and lightning and wield sword.

15. And one other thing is both Aang and Naruto get a lot stronger when their friends are at risk.

Yeah I don't think this is just a coincidence or grasping at straws. There has to be something to this.