iPhone Trouble :(

Discussion in 'Technology' started by strfruit, Apr 4, 2013.

1. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

While working on a project today, my iPhone fell out of my pocket and the screen shattered :(
    I have an iPhone 4.
    The screen still works but it's hard to read anything.
    My roommate told me I should just buy a new phone, but being in college that's a little rough at the moment. However if it costs just as much to fix just the glass, it might be better if I did?

What should I do guys? ;____;

2. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Well, it depends. You can either do it yourself, or you can have it done for you by sending it in to apple.

If you want to do it yourself, you can order the parts from a lot of different places. Here is just one of them link.

If you'd rather not do it yourself, you can send it in to apple for roughly $170.00

You could also demand a repair for free from apple (not that it would be easily done) since the Iphone4 is known to be a very fragile device. Easily broken from a height of six inches. Well, hope this helped ^^

3. strfruit Gummi Ship Junkie

Thanks a bunch, Nights! I appreciate the help.
    I haven't quite decided to try it myself or not yet. Will have to check around my area to see how much it would be to get it fixed first. Found a few repair stores for damages of the sorts. Just need to ensure they are trustworthy enough for the price ^-^
    A free repair would be lovely, but I couldn't get myself to even try that. xD
    My conscious wouldn't allow me to do it without feeling bad for trying.....oh guilty conscious....v.v

4. Hiro ✩ Guardian

I'd buy a new one. With the iPhone 5 out now, the iPhone 4 is pretty cheap to buy. the reason I think it'd be better is because if it's $170 to fix it, well... why not just avoid any future troubles and buy a new one?

5. Miles Cull a Duty 2 : Electric Boogaloo

You could by a new screen and DIY. The are lots of professional tuts. on YouTube.

6. Meilin Lee RPG (Red Panda Girl)

If you don't have warranty, then I highly recommend getting a new phone instead of repairing it.

7. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

Actually, after your warranty has run out is when you would want to try and DIY. Attempting a repair, under warranty, would void any warranty (unless otherwise specified). Either way, you'd have to end up buying a new one (if you messed up the DIY). You could always keep the piece you ordered to do it yourself for your new phone, just in case.

8. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I don't have an iphone but I have a smartphone that recently had a huge crack in the screen. I managed to get that fixed fairly easily for £45 ($70) which isn't cheap but much cheaper than a new phone. There are plenty of places that do repairs, you usually have to leave it with them for about a week but it's as good as new once it's done. There are places other than Apple that do repairs especially if it's only a smashed screen, though Apple might give you the best quality. Although with a lot of repair places, you pay when you collect your phone back. If you're not happy, let them keep your phone and just buy a new one. Internet reviews are a good way to work out if somewhere is trustworthy or not.