Site News Introducing Throwback Styles: KH-Vids 3.0

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by libregkd, Feb 23, 2017.

1. libregkd -

banner.png

Today I am pleased to introduce our first throwback style! KH-Vids 3.0 pays homage to a style first used by the site in 2008 as seen here:

upload_2017-2-23_12-57-35.png

It's been nearly a decade since then but the style is now back! This modern take on the funky classic has been in the works for some time but as per usual with introducing a new style, if you notice something that doesn’t look (or work) quite right, you can post in our special bug report section and we’ll take care of any errors that pop up.

We hope you guys enjoy the updated take on a classic look!

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by libregkd, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Mish
      Mish
      So nostalgic. I love it. Although I'm used to having a dark background so it would be cool if a dark version could be released.

My other issue with it that the banner doesn't stretch across to the right. So it looks kinda odd that there's just this blue empty space there

upload_2017-2-23_22-0-11.png
    2. libregkd
      libregkd
      There is now a dark version available.

This was sort of a design decision of trying to evoke the feeling of the old banner but not have a banner stretch across the entire width of the screen, sorta like how the 9.0 logo is.
    3. Aya Araki+
      Aya Araki+
      This is a great style. XD
    4. Amaury
      Amaury
      I wonder if it would be a good idea to create a sub-forum in Bug Reports specifically for 3.0 bugs?

While many of the bugs that are still marked with either Working on It or Awaiting Feedback and were reported before 3.0 was released are still present in 3.0, there are some reported bugs that aren't present in 3.0, likely because of the different color scheme not causing problems. Likewise, there are some bugs present in 3.0 not present in 9.0, such as the recent XenPorta copyright text bug I filed which was fixed.
    5. cstar
      cstar
      I think the light skin looks great. I'm having a bit of an issue with the dark skin however. On threads like this one, for the light skin, the white background of the forum posts is generally separated by a gray color for the content bar every now and again to break from the monotony. In the case of the dark theme, the shades of dark gray are not different enough for it to feel like a necessary break and it all flows together and it's super jarring. I can see there's light grays for this text box for example, and I see that there's some darker grays used for the bottom part of posts. But I feel like the content bar needs to be either darker or lighter. Probably lighter.

Also maybe it's just me, and I know it can't really be helped, but this particular "social media blue" color for the background just doesn't work as well with the dark theme? If it is used for the bars and buttons that's fine, but I think the color scheme would greatly improve if the blue background was changed to either a darker blue, or even more of a gray color with the text on the background being a lighter gray.

I know it's trying to keep the same central theme together as the colors for v3, but v3 wasn't and didn't have a dark scheme. And I don't think that blue works here as the main background.
    6. Yozora
      Yozora
      Does this mean we also get banned members that WEREN'T banned in 08 back?

Anyway this is cool yo.
    7. Amaury
      Amaury
      No.
    8. Day~Dream
      Day~Dream
      Nostalgia... nostalgia everywhere...