Site News Introducing the Pin Shop and Munny

Discussion in 'Community News & Projects' started by libregkd, Jun 1, 2018.

1. libregkd -

As you may have already noticed, there are a few new features available on the site after yesterday's maintenance. The two major additions is the ability to buy pins and a currency used to buy them. Let me start by talking about the pin shop.

Pin Shop

The Pin Shop, as you can tell from its name, is where you can buy pins. The pins available for purchase are exclusive to the store and each pin can be categorized as Common, Uncommon, and Rare which determines their price in the store. In addition to their rarity, certain pins may not always be available for purchase in the shop. Pins can also have a time limit on them as follows:

Permanent - As the name suggests these are available at all times.
    Rotating - These are rotated on a 1 (rare), 2(uncommon), or 3(common) monthly basis as part of a continuous rotating stock.
    Themed - These are special themed pins that will only be available during certain events.

In addition to buying these pins for yourself, you can also purchase pins for a friend.

Now you know about the Pin Shop and what you can buy, but how will you be able to buy these pins? Well...

Munny

You can buy the pins with Munny of course. Munny can be obtained in a variety of ways:

Posting - As long as your post is over 100 characters, you get rewarded 2 Munny for each post.
    Making a Thread - As long as the opening post of your thread has 100 characters, you get rewarded 5 Munny for each thread.
    Logging In - You can earn 10 Munny a day by simply visiting the site.
    Liked Content - You earn 2 Munny everytime someone else likes your post.
    Milestones - You can earn bonus Munny (ranging between 10-300) by hitting certain milestones. You can see the full list of milestones by visiting here.

In addition to earning Munny, there is also a system in place that will allow you to send Munny to friends.

If you have been on the site for awhile, you may already have a hefty amount of Munny to spend. Any milestone goal you hit prior to the introduction of the Munny system has been retroactively rewarded to you. Previous posts and liked content are not awarded retroactively.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. Amaury Legendary Hero

Just to be clear, when you say logging in, do you mean physically or just being on every day? I only log in once a week, and that's because of my weekly data clearing.

3. libregkd -

Visiting everyday should be enough. If there are any errors with that, let me know.

4. Amaury Legendary Hero

Not really a bug per se, so posting here.

Shouldn't the label "Money" here be spelled "Munny"? Also, where it says "3,332 Munny," I believe that would be better as just "3,332." It would be make it consistent with the other items there as well. It's also redundant since the label to the left already indicates what it is.

Munny.PNG

5. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

In addition to everything Libre's said, I'd like to add just a couple of things, regarding our other new pins that aren't available for purchase, but are directly tied to them. Namely, "TWO!?" and the Skull collection.

[​IMG]

This pin is to award members who win the same Event pin twice (or more than twice, lol, but I mean, the name.) XD
    So for people who do Castle Oblivion every year, but haven't got a new pin for it since year 1, this pin would be for you! When it was first made and shown, my reaction was "What about when people earn THIS pin multiple times?" And then I posted:
    [​IMG]

And then we basically decided it would be too complicated to try to come up for a suitable award for people who have:
    • Done Castle Oblivion every year
    • Won User Award category pins like twenty times
    • Collected the most Lux in their faction for weeks on end
    • Participated in the Secret Santa faithfully since it started
    • Therefore have earned "TWO!?" like 80 times
    So basically, "TWO!?" is now a thing, but we can't promise anything past that. XD

AND THEN THE SKULL COLLECTION! :D

The Skull Collection is a relic from times long past, most of the pins therein having been lost with time. The introduction of the Pin Shop gave us the chance to revamp it and bring it back, so without further ado, the Skull Collection!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

AREN'T THEY JUST SO PRETTY YOU COULD DIE?!?! <3

Anyway! Each pin can be earned by collecting other pins, and the qualifications for each individual pin can be found in the Pin list. Note: We decided not to take any pins away from members who already had them, so yes, a small handful of people already have the Red and Platinum pins even if they haven't quite met the new qualifications for receiving them. But yeah, these pins are pretty sweet if I do say so myself and I'm like actually heartbroken that I'll probably never qualify for Platinum myself. XD

SO! Now that I've introduced these pins, it's time to award, hmm? If anyone feels like they qualify for any of these new pins, shoot a message to an Admin, Supermoderator, or Event Coordinator, present your case, and we'll award them when we can! Please have a little patience: we might be able to respond instantly, but we're also very busy with more cool stuff we're trying to put together for everyone, so it could also take awhile.

In the meantime, enjoy the Pin Shop, and get out there to earn your munny! Seriously the Stockpile for the Rotating Pins contains some gems that I can't wait to release and buy when the random generator allows. XD Love you all! <3

6. Aelin Best Waifu

7. Amaury Legendary Hero

Looks like this isn't happening. When I got on yesterday by simply opening the browser, I didn't get 10 munny; however, I did just now from actually logging in after doing my weekly data clearing before going to bed earlier.

8. libregkd -

Huh. Okay, I'll look into it.

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

9. libregkd -

Posting to say that just being logged in and visiting the site, without having to login manually, to retrieve the login bonus should now be working properly.

Just as a note that the 'start' of the day occurs at 5:00 PM PST because of the timezone our server is set up at. This doesn't really affect anything as you can still only get 1 login bonus per day but just thought I should put that out there.

10. Amaury Legendary Hero

Looks like it was retroactively applied as well. Cool. (Although the Sunday one was an actual login.)

Munny 3.PNG