Interview of Scenario Mystery + E.S NAME CONFIRMED!!!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, May 13, 2007.

1. Xaldin ITS OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys, we got big BIIIG news today! Thanks to The Wertle we got first dibs on another Nomura Interview from the Ultimania known as Scenario Mysteries. This interview itself answers even more information on Kingdom Hearts that we didn't know! Be sure to check it out, also we have an Exclusive photo that will be revealed inside the interview, it features a new never before seen CG Image of one of the knights!

Also to just end one suspense here, for the Enigmatic Soldier, his name is Terra!

Things this interview will include are

- Height of Organization Member's chairs.
    - Mickey's Keyblade ability
    - Sora possibly remembering COM's events
    - Xigbar Meeting Ven, Aqua, and Terra.
    - And more!

Scenario Mysteries

Tags: this article has not been tagged
Categories:

Comments

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts News & Updates' started by Xaldin, May 13, 2007.

1. lycoris_moon29
      lycoris_moon29
      PWND! yeah

edit: Whoo! Terra. what an odd name. i'd think he'd be a "terran" more than a terra.
    2. KeyBladePrideAMV
      KeyBladePrideAMV
      Oh yes! Nice! I'll be viewing this. ;)
      Thanks guys.
    3. Mirai
      Mirai
      HAH! I knew he'd be named "Terra!" Good thing I know a bit of Latin.
    4. Soushirei
      Soushirei
      Oh great, I already named a character in my fic Terra. LOL. Whatever.

Thanks for the confirmation.
    5. RoxasNoxas
      RoxasNoxas
      Oh!!! I know why he's Terra!!

Sora=Wind=Ven
      Kairi=Water=Aqua
      Riku=Earth=Terra

Terra means earth! It all makes sense!
    6. twilightsbringing
      twilightsbringing
      Yay! Xaldin and The Wertle, you rock! THANK YOU! XD
    7. Marluxia's Scythe
      Marluxia's Scythe
      Xigbar meeting those three is the best thing on the list.
    8. qwdc
      qwdc

Terra's a girl's name.
    9. Soushirei
      Soushirei
      The main character's name of the past three games is 'Sora'. Enough said.
    10. TheWertle
      TheWertle
      Terra is also mostly thought of as a girl's name because of the US FFIII changing it to that from Tina. As well as Teen Titans apparently... Terra is a latin word, I don't think it really matters if it sounds feminine.
    11. qwdc
      qwdc
      I do believe there are male characters named Sora. I don't recall any other fiction character save for this one named Terra.
    12. Soushirei
      Soushirei
      It wasn't really my point. The names of a lot of the important characters are more of allegories rather than a depiction of the person's actual personality or gender.

Like Wertle said as well, Terra is Latin--and hardly a name given to people. It bears no gender preference.
    13. Pumpkin King12
      Pumpkin King12
      Hm.. That may be true and all, but really, it's been used in FFVI and Teen Titans both as girls... And at least in my opinion, it's just got a very girly sound to it...

*reads previous posts* Oh, sorry, didn't notice everything I just said has already been posted... But I mean like, for Sora, sure that name matched fine, as he was sometime considered a bishounen, ya know.. But this guy, I just don't see how it'll work...
    14. Soushirei
      Soushirei
      I think it's an excellent name, for any character.
    15. kitty_mckechnie
      kitty_mckechnie
      It's because you're use to hearing it as a girl's name. You should give a chance.
    16. Lazzchan
      Lazzchan
      Wow, that is some amazing info there! Thanks for the translation and having me reaffirm what a tricky, evil, wonderful man that Nomura is with his plots. =D
    17. twilightsora13
      twilightsora13
      I take Latin in school. o_o so obviously they ignored the fact that Terra is a possible girls name, and used it to denote the fact that they have some control over earth, or something. because "terra" in Latin means "earth or ground". like it's been said, it doesn't carry any gender preference, and neither does Sora. Sora is both a girl's name and a boy's name. so isn't Riku--anyone here ever watched an anime called DNAngel? there's a girl in it named Riku. so THERE. a lot of Japanese names are dual-gender, calm down.
    18. Mirai
      Mirai
      Technically, Terra does denote feminine. Most Latin 1st declenation nouns are feminine. Not saying it's a girl's name, but if he was in Rome in the days of old, he'd be called a girl.

I think, nowadays, it could be any gender... In English speaking countries, anyway. In Itallian and Spanish, most nouns ending with -a are feminine. Over there, the "Terra sounds girly" thing would sound more logically.
    19. Bubble Master Califa
      Bubble Master Califa
      Terra is his name and I expected a scott or something wow thats great info.