Interest Check [ Horror, Romance ]

Discussion in 'Retirement Home' started by Calxiyn, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

You find out you’ve won a trip to a beach vacation, where you’re able to hang out with other people your own age, drink lots of booze, and **** tons of hot girls, or guys, whatever! Only there’s a catch: You will be given an assignment, to either seduce, befriend, or kill another person on the island. Too bad you didn’t know about that before you signed up, huh?

There are 16 of you. Each of you have two assignments for two different people. The assignment can either be to kill, befriend, or seduce your target. Once you succeed, you win a special prize, while the other two people with your target who didn't succeed first, are punished. This continues until eventually, all of you are dead!

So here is sort of how it will work. The RPers will get a PM saying their task so no one quite knows what the other is going to do. You shouldn't say in your head as your character "hey I gotta go kill that guy" because then that sort of ruins the fun, you know?

Each day in the RP will be a certain amount of day cycles. You'll be able to also skip parts of days based on votes. Say it's the third IRL day of day 1, and you guys are done your interactions and want to move to a new day, you can do that.

I'm Sora: I need to kill person Roxas and seduce Kairi
    I'm Riku: I need to befriend person Kairi and seduce Roxas
    I'm Roxas: I need to kill person Kairi and seduce Axel

All of these people have an action including Kairi. Say Roxas kills Kairi, there are two things that'll happen:

Sora and Riku now need to complete their alternate action. Riku needs to seduce Roxas, while Sora needs to kill Roxas. The only way for them to not get punished is to complete this action. If Sora kills Roxas before Riku can end up seducing him, Riku is screwed. If Riku screws Roxas, and THEN Sora kills Roxas, then both of them get away without being punished for that week.

You can start to see the chain reaction of events going on here. Roxas' action effected Riku and Sora very quickly, and even dangerously. Imagine what happens when there are 16 of you.

It may be difficult for Sora to end up killing Roxas if Riku is around him all the time. As a result Sora may need to kill them both, or suffer a punishment for that week.

Since Roxas finished the "Kairi action" first, he'll get a prize.

Riku can get a prize by seducing Roxas if he's the first one to finish the "Roxas action".

Killing is easy, you complete if your dead. Seduction is simple, you just need to have sex with them.

But what about friendship?:

At the end of the day within the RP, characters have almost a "video booth", sort of like you see on reality shows within PM's. That's where they will list their relationship which each character in one or two sentences as well as give a rating of 1-10 for each person I've asked them to talk about based on who they've talked to that day.

These video booth "confessions" may be released after or before their character is dead to stir the pot on the island.

As for what characters win and lose, you would win an immunity of sorts, since you won't be getting punished this week. As for what punishments are, that's more of a surprise I would like to keep until later.

This is a horror/romance/bloody RP and it may be graphic, espesically by the end of the week (RP Time). All of this is very "free" as it relies on character interaction, and it's up to you how far you get with your actions. Since you have two characters to choose from, if you notice someone may not be being that active, you can switch to your second action. Because this relies so heavily on people posting though I think a post minimum of AT LEAST 2 per day should be alright.

I know I already have 3 other people then be interested who want 2 characters each, so we already have half of the characters required to start. We need 4-8 more people depending on how many characters everyone wants.

2. Ghost King's Apprentice

How would killing work without GM or letting the other person know?

3. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Each person has someone trying to seduce them, kill them, and befriend them, so all of the characters and RPers should know their characters are not safe. But that doesn't mean you won't know if your character is about to die.

Say, @al215 mentions briefly in one of his posts that his character picks up a knife. If my character sees him do that, or thinks he's acting a bit off (he should be a bit nervous if he's trying to kill someone, that's only natural), unless I really trust his character and I'm confident that we're buddies, I would get the hell out of dodge.

Now what about you guys as Rpers though. Obviously you don't want to die.

Say you know that my character found something that's probably deadly in the forest and put it in your drink. Obviously you can try to avoid it, just like they're trying to kill you.

No one is going to get insta killed. If I'm trying to kill Al's character, I'm going to say "Estelle then tried to stab Al in the neck".

A lot of things will probably be taken into consideration, like location, if Al character is pinned up against something, general body size of our characters, does Estelle have some kind of background which would help her kill someone? On the flip side, does Al's character have anykind of training to defend himself? Is he bigger then her? Could he avoid the hit?

Whether the attack hits or not will be up to a bunch of RNG numbers based on that kind of stuff. I would post saying "hey Al's character got stabbed in the leg" with detailing of his injuries.

I don't expect anyone to be stabbing people outright. But you're only TRYING to kill someone. You won't instantly kill them unless you get yourself into a situation where you've let the other person tie you up or something, and they stab you right through the chest. In that case I really don't feel bad for you.

After the other character starts trying to kill you, that's when you would definetly know. But okay, if your character sees that character being shady, you'd also know that way too.

4. al215 Kingdom Keeper

This is a thing that I will play in.

5. Glen Returned from the dead

Interesting concept, I'll give it a go.

6. British Historian Merlin's Housekeeper

7. Shuhbooty moon child

This idea sounds intense. I'm def open to trying this out. Probably 2/3 characters on my end.

8. Calxiyn Keyblade Master

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.