InkHeart

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Xemnas7355, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Xemnas7355 Gummi Ship Junkie

lol well I don't care when I just want it!!!
    :3

2. Shuhbooty moon child

:/

If you ask me, the ending of Inkheart was very ... short, that endung wasn't I expeted at all!
    Spoiler . . I guess .

When Meggie read the shadow out, and then Mo found his wife, and then the lived happily ever after? I mean, yeah , DustFinger out InkHeart back. OH! And then Fenigilo left after Meggie read Capicorn and his men back! I was like " GASPNESS!!" :/
    That ending was very instersting, but it was also . . not what I was thinking about at all! :/

3. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

4. Daenerys Targaryen ok

5. Shuhbooty moon child

I wanna read Inkspell so bad! But I don't have the time right now to even think about books. xDD

But I got a question, does it explain in Inkspell WHY THE HELL Fenigilo[sp] went inside the book? :/

6. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

..... To tell you the truth, I forget. I gotta reread Inkheart and Inkspell before I read Inkdeath.

7. Shuhbooty moon child

I swear, it's a good series. I loved the ending of Inkheart. It was SO heart warming! <3333

8. Firekeyblade Hollow Bastion Committee

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU'LL NEVER FIND OUT!
    Fenoglio thought it'd be awesome to live in that...one....city....where...uh....writing is.....great....or....something. And...I didn't really like Inkspell. But...I will definitely read Inkdeath.

9. K.H.Nut13 Traverse Town Homebody

That book was really good. Pretty original.

10. Ravenyuki Traverse Town Homebody

I've read this book, and I really enjoyed it. I've also read the second book (Inkspell). I love how unique the story is. I wonder if the movie will be as good as the book? Gasp! Did you say, Inkdeath? I gotta check that out when it arrives.

11. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Inkheart quickly made my list of favorite books of all time. I love the story, the writing, the characters, everything. Kudos to Cornelia Funke! However, the second and third books really didn't deliver. I don't think she did a good job with the inkworld, and I practically spent the whole time I was reading yelling at the characters. It's as if Funke just rewrote their entire characteristics to create pointless drama, regardless of anything they'd ever said or done before that point. Also, the plot for the second and third books were predictable, to say the least. And I really didn't like how in the end of Inkdeath,
    Resa and her unnamed son turn into birds at night. !?! I don't understand why Funke had to stick that in there. (BTW, Thanx for telling me how to do a spoiler tag, Misty. :) )
    All in all, if you like fantasy and adventure, read Inkheart. But I don't recommend the second two books. I think that the first story ends quite well on its own.

12. Midnight Star Master of Physics

I read these books a while ago, I got a box set of the trilogy and it's currently sitting on my chest of draws. I liked the books, not my favourites but decent reads. I agree the first book was the best out the three though and I didn't think the film lived up to the book.

I was dissappointed that in the end Meggie didn't end up with Farid. I always liked him. xD

And Marushi, [Spoiler*] text [/Spoiler] (without the *)

13. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I remember having read it the same year hurricane Katrina hit. I loved it. The movie was such an injustice but I still have my original copy and skim through it from time to time.

14. Daxa~ #stalker

Ohh I loved Inkheart and the ones after it...
    Though Mo got kinda annoying after a while xD
    But I was dissapointed in the movie...
    The movie would have been alright if it wasnt ment to be Inheart(if that makes sense?)
    It just didnt show how good a story it was

15. ShibuyaGato Transformation

I think I get what you're trying to say Daxa...

The movie would've been better if it hadn't had such high expectations to live up to... right?

16. Daxa~ #stalker

Exactly!!
    Cause in the movie,none of the characters really lived up to what Id imagined them to be.
    Like Dustfinger...

17. Lauriam I hope I didn't keep you waiting...

Yeah, I see what you're saying. Whenever I love a book and then it comes out as a movie, I'm always prepared to be dissapointed. It's very rare for me to find a movie I like better than the book. And lol, I do say all the time that a movie "Would have been so much better if it wasn't supposed to be the book."

18. Technic☆Kitty Hmm

One thing . . . best trilogy ever . . . two things, the movie not as good as the book . . . three things, I still haven't read INKDEATH!!! T_T lol but seriously good book and it was an acceptable movie . . . ACCEPTABLE.

19. Ŧiмє Яǽрεѓ King's Apprentice

I met Cornelia Funke when the book came out and got a signed copy. She even drew a picture of a pirate on one of the back pages, just for me.

Yeah, you're all jealous now!

20. Light-Rune Maven Seer

its an awesome book:cool: