InkHeart

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Xemnas7355, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Shuhbooty moon child

Oh, oh! Has anyone ever read this book before, Inkheart by Cornelia Funke? Oh, man, im reading the first one right now and it's really good. Better then I thought it would be. ^.^

2. Xemnas7355 Gummi Ship Junkie

lol started this thread a looooooooong time ago
    Anyway I loved this book!
    I thought it was one of the most original I've ever read

3. Sacae Destiny Islands Resident

Me and a friend were taking about this not long ago. It is a grand book, and as I told them "A book truly for book lovers". Not only that but the writing always felt more. I guess poetic than other books aimed at that age-group. Even though I love Harry Potter, Inkheart was written better and I love it as well. You should also read Inkspell the second book, and a third/last one is coming out soon.

4. Xemnas7355 Gummi Ship Junkie

Inkspell I thought was kind of...i don't know...just confusing... the third one is I think as of now named Inkdeath
    Inkheart is definately above Harry Potter for me

5. Sacae Destiny Islands Resident

I didn't find Inkspell confusing, just more action based somewhat. And a lot more questions arose vs Inkheart, but that's because she was planning the third one. Though, I do enjoy Inkheart more, Inkspell was very good. Inkdeath? Interesting, cant wait for it to come out. Did you know they are also planning an Inkheart movie now? I hope they do ti right.

6. Xemnas7355 Gummi Ship Junkie

I know!!
    I saw some of the people they chose as character roles
    I was kind of upset...like Elinore is totally different than what I pictured her as...

7. Sacae Destiny Islands Resident

That's what happens with movies, no one can fit what everyone had in their head's. But, I agree with you. XD I can't wait for the movie comes out, maybe itd get more people to read the book. I need to find an pic of the person that plays Dustfinger, (why do I feel like i totallly got that name wrong).

8. Xemnas7355 Gummi Ship Junkie

lol I felt the same way when I typed Elinore....
    I want to re-read the book now lol
    That just means I'll have to search through the other thousands of books in my room...
    *sigh*

9. Sacae Destiny Islands Resident

Yeah, I'm with you. Lol, I need to go find it again myself and read when I have time. And, maybe when you read the second one afterwards and for a second time it will flow better for you. Sometimes a second read reveals more.

10. Dredica SNES was the best.

That name rings a bell. Hmm...what is it about?

11. Xemnas7355 Gummi Ship Junkie

Yeah lol I was young when I read it sooo yea

It's about a father that has the ability to read people in and out of books and on one night he reads the villian and a few others out by accident then it gets pretty complicated after

12. Shuhbooty moon child

But it's a very inserting book. Im happy I picked it up to ignore the people talking to me on the phone. xD

Elinor, she's a scary old women. Those books are like her children, but I wonder what will happen to her books if she dies?

And don't say anything about Inkspell! I wanna read it so bad. ><

13. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

Well, you'd better read Inkspell soon, cuz Inkdeath is supposed to be coming out this April!

14. Hummingbird Destiny Islands Resident

I read this and Inkspell not too long ago and loved it. The concept is very original and I truly enjoyed reading the book. The second book wasn't bad, but not nearly as good as the first one imo. The ending was so incredibly bad it made me want to bash someone on the head with the book. :x That completely ruined it for me and Inkdeath will have to be a hell of a good book to make up for the lame ending of the second one. =\

15. Sacae Destiny Islands Resident

The ending wasn't really lame, more left opened that's all. When she wrote Inkheart, she wasn't thinking about making two other books. With Inkspell she knew she was going to do a third one, so she left a lot of questions opened. Apirl?! I didn't know that. *goes to preorder it*

16. Hummingbird Destiny Islands Resident

I was pretty tired when I wrote my last post and I didn't really mean the whole ending was bad, just the part *SPOILER ALERT* with Farid being resurrected. I really hated that part, and the fact that it's been confirmed that Dustfinger will be back in Inkdeath just makes things worse. Dustfinger is my favorite character in the book, but why make him sacrifice himself just so he can be brought back to life? It makes everyone's deaths meaningless. Inkdeath is most likely just going to make things worse in every way imaginable, hence why I think the author should have moved on instead of continuing the Ink-series.

17. Sacae Destiny Islands Resident

To whoever said the third was comign out in Apirl, you're wrong sadly, it says Oct. wherever I go. To the poster above: Spoiler _ I'm not going to defend a book I have not read, since it ain't out yet, but if Dustfinger indeed is brought back - who knows if it'd be in a negative way instead of 'oh my god, he's back and everything things alright'? I personally would have it so you wish he would have stayed dead, because something worse is going happen because he is alive. If that makes sense. Then again, Inkheart had that 'everything is almost alright thing' Her mom was alright and back to her - they escaped, Aunt had book creatures alive in her house. So, I don't know. I'd read Inkdeath before I decide if its a bad thing. Dustfinger is my fav too, but I also liked Farid - so I had mixed feelings about that.

18. Hummingbird Destiny Islands Resident

I'm not judging the book before I read it, but the way it's going doesn't seem good at all. As odd as it may sound, I do hope that another major character will die and stay dead, though.

19. Shuhbooty moon child

ZOMG!!

I finally got Inkspell . . . . Im not done with Inkheart, but STILL!! Im so very excited to read it. ><

20. Luna Lovegood nani panda-kun

I figured that out after I post that. lol Sorry about that. I was in "THE WORLD'S BIGGEST BOOKSTORE" (aka the best bookstore ever) it said it was coming out in April, so now I'm really confused. :gunwtf: